Project Unbreakable - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-13, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Grr! That is all.
WaLkAwaY's Flag is: USA

Default Project Unbreakable

For the past seven years I have given lectures on sexual assault awareness. I have spoken at all manner of events and areas from schools to boardrooms.

In all that time and all that teaching and lecturing I have never felt that I was able to reach some people and impress upon them just how deeply sexual assault and rape effects not only the victim/survivor but everyone around the victim/survivor.

Project Unbreakable is a poignant lesson in realism that conveys a message not only through what is written on a sign but what is written all over a persons face and seen in their eyes.

I have placed the links within spoiler tags because there is the possibility of triggering.

I am not the creator of Project Unbreakable and have no affiliation with her or Project Unbreakable.

If you or someone you know has been a victim of sexual assault male and female speak out. Sexual abuse is too often shamed, kept in the dark, and silenced. It's time to end that.

In October of 2011, I created a photography project called Project Unbreakable. I began asking survivors of sexual assault to write a quote from their attacker on a poster. At first, it was just to show the world how incredibly common this issue is. But then I soon realized that it was a form of therapy for these survivors; they were finally able to let go of things that had held them down for weeks, months, years.

I began receiving hundreds of emails from people asking to be apart of the project, either by photographing them or allowing their submission to be published on my blog. Sometimes people shared their stories with me - and sometimes, those stories were the first time they had ever told anyone.

I am nineteen years old, and my career could end tomorrow, but I'd still feel fulfilled. I want to take this project a step further. I want to be able to travel to different areas in America to photograph, to speak, to show my work - to show people that they are not alone. And maybe one day, I can turn this project into an organization, providing professional help for survivors, something that I am unfortunately not qualified to give.

We all have the ability to change the world - it's just a matter of deciding how we want to. Please just share this page if you are willing. And if you are a survivor of sexual abuse, I want you to remember that you are unbreakable.

Thank you for your time.

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)

Last edited by WaLkAwaY; 06-09-13 at 01:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-13, 01:32 PM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Great project, thanks for posting.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-13, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Grr! That is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie_Oz View Post
Great project, thanks for posting.
You are welcome. Thank you for reading it.

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-01-14, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Grr! That is all.

Bumping this. It's a new year and a new chance to make a difference. *No updated information has been provided.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-01-14, 01:11 PM

Ryu_Niimura's Flag is: Netherlands

I've seen the photographs on Tumblr but I hadn't seen this video, both are very moving. Keep up the good work!

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-01-14, 01:46 PM
So be it.

JAMOB's Flag is: USA

Thank you.

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-01-14, 02:00 PM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

Excellent project, I totally approve of what you are doing.

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-01-14, 10:31 PM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

Excellent project. While I am on breaking from teaching many of my facebook friends are teachers and students so I shared it there. Hopefully bringing more recognition to your project.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-14, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Grr! That is all.

Thank you all for the replies and support. It goes a long way and is very much appreciated.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode