Pointless VENTING - Page 8 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 6057 (permalink) Old 02-02-08, 04:15 PM

chrisman 007's Flag is: Christmas Islands

Location: The People's Glorius Republic of the Chrisman Union. Also known as my bedroom.

Cheaters in 40k. I absolutely HATE it when people cheat at anything, especially my hobby which I've invested hundreds of £££ in.

Ok, got another. 10 year olds on Xbox Live. They're all a bunch of wankers who can't play and scream their heads of when one out smarts them with a doubled barreled shotgun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
Buy a beartrap. How will it help in retrospect? Use your imagination. I'm sure you can think of something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 6057 (permalink) Old 02-02-08, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
Executive Nitpicker

Galahad's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirge Eterna View Post
I hate the Backspace button on my computer. It deletes like molasses in January. God!
Simple solution: Go into your mouse settings (under control panel) and set your third button (which is usually your wheel click) for Keystroke. Select Backspace. Now you can easily click and drag to select a chunk of text, then click your third button and poof, it's gone.
Also works a treat for web surfing (since 90% of the time you;re backtracking)

Failing that, just go into keyboard and turn up your repeat rate, that'll make your backaspace (and every other key) repeat faster when you hold it down.

Also, consider working the shift and arrow keys more. Shift + Up + backspace or delete = an entire line of text gone and done with.

I delete a lot ;-)

but seriously, I can't live without third button backspace on my mouse. Makes everything easier.

-=============]xxxxo Galahad oxxxx[=============-
Check out the Heresy Combat Calculator -- MathHammer Made Easy!

Codex: Angels Errant. Read it, please.
Heresy Forum Rules -- Read them, damnit!
Reporting: When/How/Why -- Read that too!
"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord
"You know what? Fuck DC comics." -Robert Downey Junior

post #73 of 6057 (permalink) Old 02-04-08, 05:13 PM

I tripped over someones leg, and would have had 2 cut knees and 1 or 2 cut hands or a broken nose if my friend hadn't caught me. And I was a bit... annoyed... because my friend wouldn't leave me alone when I was talking to another one of my freinds (neither one of them the same friend that caught me).

In other words, toady wasn't exactly my day... at all.
post #74 of 6057 (permalink) Old 02-08-08, 03:20 AM
The Traveler

Dirge Eterna's Flag is: USA

I can't let this thread die. Here's the rest of my grievances.

1.My parents refuse to stop calling me EVERY DAY now that we moved into an apartment (although this is just me being rebellious, I know they care)

2.I just realized I forgot to buy peanut butter. Bought crackers, not PB.

3.I have to go to work tomorrow, to listen to fat slobs demand extra services. I sit there, behind the front desk in my little red shirt, saying Hi to people walking in with stupid problems on their cars. "Well Mr. Whoever, we've determined the problem was caused by abuse. Maybe you-"

The guy flips. "Are you telling me I'm abusing my car?! That damned car has cost me more damned money then sending my kids to college! I want you to tell your boss that he better be careful, or he'll lose customers!"

God. Not my fault people can't fix their own cars. So they come to us, and we listen to their spleen.

4. We still have a bunch of stuff in boxes that constantly trip me as I rush out the door on my way to listen to said spleen.

5. My father has decided that Black Magic, my M551 Sheridan, is taking up too much space in his shed, so he hooked a tow chain to it and tried to pull it out. He broke the axle on his tractor, and claims it was my fault. I told him I could've moved it, I have the keys.

-Dirge

You'll forgive me, but you must be mistaken. I've met your makers, and they don't even know your name...

GIVING CHASE- ORDO HERETICUS FIC
(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring
post #75 of 6057 (permalink) Old 02-13-08, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Executive Nitpicker

I really get bugged by the dumb mofos who put the Yellow Ribbon stickers on their cars SIDEWAYS!

It goes like this, you armchair patriots

You don't turn it sideways so you can read the motto...there shouldn't even be a motto. 'Support our troops' written on the national symbol of supporting our troops is like writing "This is a flag!" on the stars and stripes...and then pasting it onto your bumper upside down.

Every time I see some retard with six of these (with various mottos, and the ubiquitous stars and stripes ribbon or two) stuck across his tailgage, all turned sideways like a school of patriotic goldfish it just makes me want to ram them.

Hang it the right way up or not at all.

"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord

post #76 of 6057 (permalink) Old 02-13-08, 09:43 PM
The Traveler

Dirge Eterna's Flag is: USA

Armchair patriots. XD

-Dirge

You'll forgive me, but you must be mistaken. I've met your makers, and they don't even know your name...

GIVING CHASE- ORDO HERETICUS FIC
(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring
post #77 of 6057 (permalink) Old 02-14-08, 03:33 AM

Steel Rain's Flag is: USA

Patriotic Goldfish! bwahaha! Galahad you have my vote for that one. Now here are two that kind of get to me: Political platform bumper stickers, not marriage= man+woman. I mean the Bush/Cheney, Kerry/Edwards, Gore/Liberman, Clinton, Obama, whatever stickers. An event that happens every four years does not deserve a bumper sticker, regardless of political affiliation.

Quote:
*sigh* I have to point out that despite what you see in games, lasrifles win wars. Just because lasrifles suck at killing superhuman killing machines in power armor does not mean that they are bad weapons. You are shooting them at the wrong targets. The most common enemy the Imperium faces is lightly armored humans armed with lasguns or autoguns, NOT SPACE MARINES.
-me
post #78 of 6057 (permalink) Old 02-14-08, 03:50 AM Thread Starter
Executive Nitpicker

See, I'm the other way.

I'm fine with using a bumper sticker to promote your favorite radio station, political candidate, etc (just so long as you're not one of those assholes who leaves their "Bush/Cheney 2000" sticker on seven years later.) When the election is over take the fucking thing down. After that you;re either being a dick or an idiot, depending on who won.

Meanwhile, I hate stickers that simply shout political slogans like "It's not a choice, it's a baby!" or "If you don't like abortions, don't have one!"

You can't boil down a decades long moral/political/religious debate into a single sentence vomited across your bumper and force opposition-party tailgaters to choke down in silent rage. At that point you're just trolling the boards known as reality.

When your entire stance on political discourse has broken down to the point where you're just screaming slogans at everyone you see, you don't deserve to have opinions anymore.

Also, I find it hilarious that most of these patriotic stickers are made in China.
Even the ones that say "made in USA" are made in china and just printed in the USA.

post #79 of 6057 (permalink) Old 02-22-08, 02:36 AM Thread Starter
Executive Nitpicker

Stupid swing shift girl took a $75 fuel credit on my till, but didn't bother telling me about it, so I spent a good part of my day trying to figure out why my drawer was so short

post #80 of 6057 (permalink) Old 02-24-08, 02:25 PM

tk421's Flag is: USA

Quote:
People who pamper their fucking kids to the point that the kids don't do a damn thing for themselves
Sounds like my brother and his wife! They'd rather spend money on a maid to clean the house, then have their 3 kids do something to help keep it clean! Moreover, they'll bitch about not having money and having to work all the time!

Now for my gripe,

I hate it when my sports fanatic co-worker calls in sick the day after some event and leaves me to take up his slack at work!! Lay off the fuckin' sauce, it's no reason to call in! If your gunna drink yourself into oblivion be a fucking man about it and suffer through it bitch!

Fluff this, fluff that, fluff everything, F___ fluff! I want to see it built, and when it's done post pics!:fuck:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode