Pointless VENTING - Page 594 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #5931 of 6057 (permalink) Old 04-02-16, 03:10 AM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

^ she wanted the nails.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5932 of 6057 (permalink) Old 04-07-16, 06:33 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

As it turns out, 'but limited edition hard back novels!?', is not a good excuse for canceling a date. Live and learn, I suppose.
post #5933 of 6057 (permalink) Old 04-24-16, 10:28 AM
Feed

I found out earlier today that an old gaming friend died earlier this month. When I say old, I meant in that I'd known him a long time. Dude was years younger than me, couldn't have been older than twenty now.

He used to play tyranids and grey knights. Good player. Clown, didn't take the game or life too seriously but wasn't insensitive either. He gave up 40k a few years back when 6e made the game needlesly complex. I saw a lot less of him after that. Now finding out that he's gone just sucks. Bone cancer. Nothing they could do worked.

Shit like that shouldn't happen to people like him.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #5934 of 6057 (permalink) Old 04-24-16, 12:58 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Sorry to hear that Serp, many condolences

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #5935 of 6057 (permalink) Old 04-24-16, 04:13 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Sorry to hear that mate.
Cheers and Beers to you., Serp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #5936 of 6057 (permalink) Old 04-29-16, 07:57 PM

Kharn The Complainer's Flag is: Former Soviet Union

First world problems. My date for tomorrow night cancelled. She's dead to me now!
I really want to get drunk to embrace the misery of the cancellation, but I have to get up at 7am to go to a job interview.
I might get drunk anyway and just turn up drunk. I live in Russia...it'll be fine. It's bad manners not to go to an interview drunk. Well, that's the excuse I'm running with.
Also, I usually finish work at 10pm on a Friday night. Next week I was supposed to have a cancellation, which would mean that I could go home at 7pm. Today they cheerfully told me that they wouldn't be cancelling next week after all. I grinned and told them that this was great news. But inside I died.

edit; So, I decided not to get drunk after all. Shame on me for being so responsible.

edit edit; I was offered the job, but the pay was below me. Now, rather than going on my date, I'm drinking until my brain ceases to function.

edit edit edit; Rather than make a new post, I'll just edit this one. It's warm. Spring is here. So I want to have my bedroom window open and enjoy the spring air. But my f*cking c*nt of a neighbour, who lives above me, apparently needs to smoke every 15 f*cking minutes and pollute my bedroom with rancid cigarette smoke. I'm not a smoker, but some brands of cigarettes don't smell too bad. The brand he smokes has a strong acrid smell to them. Now my room smells of it.
I dare not say anything to him either since he is mentally unstable and does things such as screaming at 4am and smashing bottles and breaking furniture (all of which I get to listen to) on a very regular basis.

Last edited by Kharn The Complainer; 05-02-16 at 10:08 AM.
post #5937 of 6057 (permalink) Old 05-07-16, 04:20 PM
To The Dark Tower Came

The Gunslinger's Flag is: United Kingdom

So coming home from travelling, had a nice flight into Manchester at 7:30am. Got to cancun airport nice and early, to find out it had been delayed by two hours. My nice margin giving train home at 10 past 10 no longer looks doable. I still try and rush to the station, getting fined 50 by a ticket inspector because I missed the sign saying you had to buy a ticket before getting on the tram, even though it is my first time using it. I miss my train anyway, have to spend 133 on another ticket, sucks but ok. The second train is late, meaning I missed my third change and have to wait until 6pm for the next one, which means I won't be home until half 7/8 ish. Have been awake and travelling now for... 29 hours. Could cry. This was supposed to be such a lovely day, coming home, surprising the family and my little sister. I swear it was easier to get around Central America. Rant over.
post #5938 of 6057 (permalink) Old 05-07-16, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gunslinger View Post
So coming home from travelling, had a nice flight into Manchester at 7:30am. Got to cancun airport nice and early, to find out it had been delayed by two hours. My nice margin giving train home at 10 past 10 no longer looks doable. I still try and rush to the station, getting fined 50 by a ticket inspector because I missed the sign saying you had to buy a ticket before getting on the tram, even though it is my first time using it. I miss my train anyway, have to spend 133 on another ticket, sucks but ok. The second train is late, meaning I missed my third change and have to wait until 6pm for the next one, which means I won't be home until half 7/8 ish. Have been awake and travelling now for... 29 hours. Could cry. This was supposed to be such a lovely day, coming home, surprising the family and my little sister. I swear it was easier to get around Central America. Rant over.
I know this pain well. I frequently travel between London Gatwick Airport and Bristol. Because I attempt to save money I take buses, which involves getting a bus from London Gatwick to Paddington and then to Bristol. Have ANY of the fucking buses left or arrived on time? NO.
My last bus from Paddington to Bristol was 2 hours late. Which is why I don't take Megabus anymore. When they're 90+ minutes late EVERY. SINGLE. FUCKING. TIME I take them from London I decided that paying the extra for National Express is worth the money.
post #5939 of 6057 (permalink) Old 05-19-16, 07:20 PM

It feels like I frequent here more than anywhere else on these boards. I am clearly living up to my name.

[snip] whiney bitch rant about people having kids [/snip]

Last edited by Kharn The Complainer; 06-02-16 at 01:00 PM.
post #5940 of 6057 (permalink) Old 06-02-16, 01:03 PM

So, next Wednesday I have to take a mathematics exam. I am utterly incompetant when it comes to mathematics.
I took the test back in February and failed it. I have two more attempts to sit it before the end of this month. If I fail, I lose my university placement and will be banned for 2 years from retaking it.
I should mention that my university course has absolutely nothing to do with mathematics. I'm going in for a PGCE course. The government made this exam compulsary even for people not taking maths related post graduate courses.

Now, I can do mental arithmetic, but I struggle to do it within the time limits imposed. The questions are read out and you have 25-30 seconds to work out the answer (no calculator of course).
Example question; Twenty-seven students visit the museum and pay 2.70 each. 3 adults accompany them and pay a ticket price of 5.20. There is a 15% discount for groups of over 10 students. How much do the students need to pay?
So yeah, it's a simple enough problem and given a minute I could work it out. But 30 seconds to complete it? UGH!!!!! So many times I've worked out the answer only to look up and see the clock tick to 1 and for me not to have enough time to write it down.

Anyway, I have been practicing for this test since February and I have improved immensely. There are so many short cuts I have learned and so many practice papers I have successfully completed.
But, today, when I tried to do the online practice test, I actually achieved an even lower score than I did the first time! What the fuuuuck?! The first time I did it I had no idea what I was doing. I didn't even answer the first 5 questions because I was so surprised and confused by the type of exam. How the fuck did I fail so badly the second time around?

I considered that I still might not pass, but I thought I'd be at least a few marks off of a successful pass, not worse off. I have to move countries on Saturday, so that's going to take up time for revision. But I need to get my ass back to those practice exams and get on it. I'm going for a walk to clear my head and then I'll get back to it. FUCK YOU MATHS! I WILL DEFEAT YOU!!!

It turns out that Chaos has their own band...
https://youtu.be/rTGzcdq0_NQ

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode