Pointless VENTING - Page 586 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #5851 of 6057 (permalink) Old 12-27-15, 01:16 AM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Leave it to GW to make these awesome Cataphracti Terminators shoulder pads so annoying to assemble..... Not sure if its the same with Forge Worlds Cataphracti Terminators.

Oh, I got the Betrayal at Calth box. That is important for context

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5852 of 6057 (permalink) Old 12-31-15, 04:51 PM

Kharn The Complainer's Flag is: Former Soviet Union

Ahhhh yes....classic.
Trimming my hair with a set of clippers. Somehow the setting changed when I put them down for a moment. Put them back on my head and shaved a large bald patch into my head. Had to then shave the lot off.

Also, male pattern baldness sucks. Soon enough my hairline will be the same as in my AV.
post #5853 of 6057 (permalink) Old 12-31-15, 05:05 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharn The Complainer View Post
Also, male pattern baldness sucks.
Doesn't it show off your butcher's nails better though?

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #5854 of 6057 (permalink) Old 01-02-16, 11:24 PM

Not really venting as such, but more that it's the slightly annoying night when I've realised that several days of staying up, partying and sleeping in late has totally screwed up my sleep pattern.
03:20am and I am not even remotely tired. The only fix for this is to either pull an all nighter or set my alarm for early morning and force myself up with only a few hours of sleep. I don't have to go back to work for another week, so it's not too much of an issue, I just don't want to keep waking up after mid-day and being wide awake all night.

Last edited by Kharn The Complainer; 01-02-16 at 11:28 PM.
post #5855 of 6057 (permalink) Old 01-04-16, 07:31 AM

Well that didn't exactly go according to plan.
I pulled an all nighter, spent most of yesterday walking around like a zombie from lack of sleep. By 20:30 I was too tired to keep watching a movie and decided to call it a night and sleep, with my alarm set for 9am. I thought it would get me back on a decent time scale for sleep. I woke up with my alarm, turned it off and instantly fell back to sleep, not waking up again until 11:30.

At least I'm waking on the right side of 12, but only just.
post #5856 of 6057 (permalink) Old 01-05-16, 05:31 AM

Euphrati's Flag is: USA

Just got back from a trip that involved air travel with multiple connections (both outbound and homeward) and not a fraking single plane was actually on time for arrival or departure. Not a single one. Some with 1+ hour delays.

One of those connections saw me running from one side of the Dallas Fort Worth airport to the other only to be told that they had removed me from the flight and sold my seat to someone else because if that plane had taken off on time then I would have missed it. But, it had been delayed (like all other flights that day had been due to weather, and the whole reason I was running to catch it) and was sitting at the gate in Full view behind the girl trying to get out of telling me why my seat had been sold to someone else as they were calling for first boarding. One can imagine how displeased I was.

Secondly, why do airlines even have carry-on limits if they don't enforce them anymore. I was dodging huge bags that people were trying to pass off as carry-ons that were twice the size of the little 'this is the maximum size' displays at the gates.
post #5857 of 6057 (permalink) Old 01-05-16, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphrati View Post

Secondly, why do airlines even have carry-on limits if they don't enforce them anymore. I was dodging huge bags that people were trying to pass off as carry-ons that were twice the size of the little 'this is the maximum size' displays at the gates.

It might just be a US thing. Flying through the EU and Russia, they inforce the hell out of those limits because they make a nice bit of profit on them. I took the wrong case once on a flight between Berlin and the UK. I thought it was the right size for carry on, but it turned out to be about 5cm too large, so I had to put it in the hold. I can't quite rememeber the cost, but I think it came to about $60/40.

As for selling your flight to someone else, have they offered any compensation? They damn well should do.
post #5858 of 6057 (permalink) Old 01-05-16, 05:19 PM

Euphrati's Flag is: USA

I had just happened to overhear the girl at the counter saying that she wanted to go to break/eat right as I ran up to the terminal. So I made it very clear that they had messed up (and there wasn't much she could do to argue that fact) and made it also clear that she and I were going to be best buddies standing right there until she either found me a seat on another flight or we waited for her manager to show up for her to explain why they had screwed up so badly. And not a standby slot, a full on ticket in my hand seat.

She suddenly found me a ticket after that. It required going to another city that only added about 15 minutes to my final drive so it was acceptable.
post #5859 of 6057 (permalink) Old 01-05-16, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphrati View Post
I had just happened to overhear the girl at the counter saying that she wanted to go to break/eat right as I ran up to the terminal. So I made it very clear that they had messed up (and there wasn't much she could do to argue that fact) and made it also clear that she and I were going to be best buddies standing right there until she either found me a seat on another flight or we waited for her manager to show up for her to explain why they had screwed up so badly. And not a standby slot, a full on ticket in my hand seat.

She suddenly found me a ticket after that. It required going to another city that only added about 15 minutes to my final drive so it was acceptable.

That's not too bad. Being best friends is always the way forward. ;-)
post #5860 of 6057 (permalink) Old 01-11-16, 08:16 PM

Drohar's Flag is: United Kingdom

I complained in my project log, but I am so pissed about people screwng simple things: I ordered from elementgames and the original amount was 9 scions, but then I realized that I need more and asked them to add 3 more Scions to the order... a huge mistake because looks like their IT skills are lacking - firstly they wanted me to pay for the original 9 for a second time and the added 3 - I managed to explain the mistake to them and they fixed the error, but now they sent only 3 scion squads. I informed them of their mistake, but they said I only ordered 3 squads. I sent them a message explaining the whole thing again in detail and asked for a quick response -well that was at noon - normally they've replied in a few hours - hopefully they'll mail me tomorrow starting with the words "We are sorry - you are right..." Anyway at the moment I am missing 9 squads or 160.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode