Pointless VENTING - Page 585 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #5841 of 6057 (permalink) Old 12-19-15, 09:29 PM

Kharn The Complainer's Flag is: Former Soviet Union

Hah, well it all escalated. She totally killed my happy vibe. Now she has been deleted from facebook. A little overly dramatic, but alcohol will do that to you. Or perhaps it was the butchers nails which caused such beligerance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5842 of 6057 (permalink) Old 12-19-15, 10:29 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

A perfect example which speaks to why I have a strict scorched earth policy with all my ex-girlfriends.

Also: Fuck bronchitis.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.
post #5843 of 6057 (permalink) Old 12-20-15, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen.ahab View Post
A perfect example which speaks to why I have a strict scorched earth policy with all my ex-girlfriends.

Also: Fuck bronchitis.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I'm not sure how one would fuck antibiotics, especially given its lack of substance. But I guess antibiotics would help.

As for the scorched earth policy, I didn't think it would be required with this one. We parted amicably and without drama. It just came out that she considered me to be an alcoholic because I drink alcohol (at most, once a week on a Saturday night, but on average twice a month) and said that it would be a danger to any child we might hypothetically have.

I had always considered alcoholism to be when you couldn't control your drinking and when it interferred with your day to day life. Since I never drink on a work day and can pick and choose whether or not I drink, I had always considered myself to be pretty normal. Her opinion was probably formed due to me having a couple of heavy nights out which resulted in a few rather heavy hangovers. But that just means that I'm stupid, not an alcoholic.

So, opinions? Does getting shitfaced a couple of times a month equate to alcoholism?

Last edited by Kharn The Complainer; 12-20-15 at 05:24 AM.
post #5844 of 6057 (permalink) Old 12-20-15, 08:40 AM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharn The Complainer View Post
I'm not sure how one would fuck antibiotics, especially given its lack of substance. But I guess antibiotics would help.

As for the scorched earth policy, I didn't think it would be required with this one. We parted amicably and without drama. It just came out that she considered me to be an alcoholic because I drink alcohol (at most, once a week on a Saturday night, but on average twice a month) and said that it would be a danger to any child we might hypothetically have.

I had always considered alcoholism to be when you couldn't control your drinking and when it interferred with your day to day life. Since I never drink on a work day and can pick and choose whether or not I drink, I had always considered myself to be pretty normal. Her opinion was probably formed due to me having a couple of heavy nights out which resulted in a few rather heavy hangovers. But that just means that I'm stupid, not an alcoholic.

So, opinions? Does getting shitfaced a couple of times a month equate to alcoholism?
Considering what you've told us, no. Its only alcoholism if getting shitfaced happens on a more frequent basis and does interfere with your day to day life. A couple of heavy nights out doesn't mean jack shit.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #5845 of 6057 (permalink) Old 12-20-15, 12:46 PM

My thoughts exactly. I asked my friend what she thought about it. Her mother actually is an alcoholic, so she is kind of an expert on dealing with alcoholics. She laughed and dismissed the whole thing. The only thing my drinking interferes with is my ability to get out of bed on Saturday morning.
post #5846 of 6057 (permalink) Old 12-20-15, 01:37 PM

Brother Emund's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
and said that it would be a danger to any child we might hypothetically have.
Well shot of her. Number one: She is trying to limit your modest and fun drinking habits. Two: She is putting conditions on you for the future and this is something you should both sit down and discuss anyway... and come to some sort of compromise. Anyway, I thought it was the woman who had to watch her drinking and it is HER that should watch what she drinks!

"Death occurs when a lethal projectile comes together in time and space with a suitable target, in the absence of appropriate armour or protection”

Check out my 40K 'Epic' about the Hunted verses the Inquisition: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...98#post2184698

post #5847 of 6057 (permalink) Old 12-20-15, 05:31 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Quote:

Non-productive hack due to damage from a cold, so non-bacterial, or so I am told. Just steam, aerosolized steroids and some decongestants.

As far as the woman goes, it sounds like she might be hypersensitive to the issue. If your drinking is infrequent, not effecting your daily life and if withholding doesn't lead to any adverse reactions, I wouldn't say you have any problem.
post #5848 of 6057 (permalink) Old 12-20-15, 06:33 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Aye lad, you're better off well out of it. That right there is a very basic level of attempting to control you. It only gets more advanced and harder to break out of from there. I've seen it enough with friends, and even my little bro at one point.

Don't re-add her at any point, and walk the other way if you see her in the street.

EDIT: If that makes you an alcy mate, then I'm well and truly fucked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #5849 of 6057 (permalink) Old 12-20-15, 07:27 PM

Brother Emund's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
EDIT: If that makes you an alcy mate, then I'm well and truly fucked!
I did not need to say anything!

"Death occurs when a lethal projectile comes together in time and space with a suitable target, in the absence of appropriate armour or protection”

Check out my 40K 'Epic' about the Hunted verses the Inquisition: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...98#post2184698

post #5850 of 6057 (permalink) Old 12-21-15, 11:40 AM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Emund View Post
I did not need to say anything!

Shush you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode