Pointless VENTING - Page 571 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #5701 of 6057 (permalink) Old 06-06-15, 02:34 AM

Freaking movers that cant put slats together on a bed right!
All but one ripped out. Id rather be sleeping then fixing a bed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5702 of 6057 (permalink) Old 06-09-15, 11:27 AM
Feed

Last night, I received an abrupt text message from Shari. For those who don't know, Shari was my girlfriend of seven months up until now. She said to me that she feels she isn't as big a part of my life as she'd hoped to be. That we haven't moved forward and that she couldn't see a future for us.

I tried to call her, but she sent it straight to voicemail and replied with another text that she didn't want to talk for emotional reasons. She wouldn't let me see her. And no matter how much I tried to reason with her, assure her that she meant the world to me, she eventually just stopped replying to my texts.

I didn't speak a single lie. Those seven months were the best time of my life after eighteen years of spiraling in and out of depression and rage. I finally felt real love, and thought I was loved in return. I had stability, a reason to get up and look forward to each new day, to look forward to each chance to see her again. But it wasn't enough. She decided I wasn't right for her and didn't want to see me again.

The first text came a little before six pm. I was just about to go get dinner and then suddenly I didn't feel that I could stomach a thing. She was more to me than a girlfriend, she was more than just someone I hoped one day I could marry. In her I saw reflected my own humanity. Since Primary school, all through High school and even when I started working, I was downtrodden by others. I was the victim of bullies, false friends and asshole supervisors. I felt absolutely worthless and my first attempt at a relationship failed after two and a half months when I was nineteen. I was convinced that I wasn't worth loving and as a result my mind became numb.

Shari had me convinced that I could be like other people. That I could be someone worth loving. And now I feel like I've lost it all and fallen back into the same spiral that has consumed most of my life.

Why must women wait so long, until it's too late to tell us what we're doing wrong in their eyes?

I'd wager 90% of ended relationships would still be going if women could just say what they're thinking.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #5703 of 6057 (permalink) Old 06-09-15, 12:07 PM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
Last night, I received an abrupt text message from Shari. For those who don't know, Shari was my girlfriend of seven months up until now. She said to me that she feels she isn't as big a part of my life as she'd hoped to be. That we haven't moved forward and that she couldn't see a future for us.

I tried to call her, but she sent it straight to voicemail and replied with another text that she didn't want to talk for emotional reasons. She wouldn't let me see her. And no matter how much I tried to reason with her, assure her that she meant the world to me, she eventually just stopped replying to my texts.

I didn't speak a single lie. Those seven months were the best time of my life after eighteen years of spiraling in and out of depression and rage. I finally felt real love, and thought I was loved in return. I had stability, a reason to get up and look forward to each new day, to look forward to each chance to see her again. But it wasn't enough. She decided I wasn't right for her and didn't want to see me again.

The first text came a little before six pm. I was just about to go get dinner and then suddenly I didn't feel that I could stomach a thing. She was more to me than a girlfriend, she was more than just someone I hoped one day I could marry. In her I saw reflected my own humanity. Since Primary school, all through High school and even when I started working, I was downtrodden by others. I was the victim of bullies, false friends and asshole supervisors. I felt absolutely worthless and my first attempt at a relationship failed after two and a half months when I was nineteen. I was convinced that I wasn't worth loving and as a result my mind became numb.

Shari had me convinced that I could be like other people. That I could be someone worth loving. And now I feel like I've lost it all and fallen back into the same spiral that has consumed most of my life.

Why must women wait so long, until it's too late to tell us what we're doing wrong in their eyes?

I'd wager 90% of ended relationships would still be going if women could just say what they're thinking.
broad generalizations aside.
It sucks when a relationship goes down the gutter due to lack of communication, it sucks and hurts like hell. I hope you feel better soon Serp, hang in there.
post #5704 of 6057 (permalink) Old 06-09-15, 03:02 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Ouch....

Always here for a chat, Serp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."

Last edited by Tawa; 06-09-15 at 03:13 PM.
post #5705 of 6057 (permalink) Old 06-09-15, 03:30 PM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

managed to click Delete instead of Edit in the Army showcase for my guard. bye bye -,-. great moment for my motor skill to fail me.
post #5706 of 6057 (permalink) Old 06-09-15, 06:30 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

@Serpion5 I've had a relationship end as abruptly, and it's pretty awful.

It sounds like you are now stuck in a very common relationship catch 22. To be in a positive relationship it really helps if you are in a positive/functional place all on your own.

But that can be really tough if you still have issues to work through, are carrying a lot of emotional baggage, or if others aren't reflecting that they value you as well.

And that's the catch 22. If we value ourselves it helps others to value us, and that can be incredibly hard.

Everyone deserves to be valued, respected, and loved. (Unless maybe a person is an evil, violent, hate monger. Though even love might help with that.)

I don't mean any of this as "victim blaming." Even good relationships fail for lots of totally valid (if sucky) reasons.

I think you should think of this relationship as proof that you can love and be loved. The dry spell is broken. It'll take time to heal and regain confidence, but that's totally normal. Guys have been feeling dejected about breakups for centuries if not millennia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haskanael View Post
...It sucks when a relationship goes down the gutter due to lack of communication...
Yeah. Communication is one of the hardest things to get right.

My wife once gave up thinking I can read her mind (our waiting for me to decipher her secret clues) for lent, and decided to be totally blunt and tell me how she felt about things.

Best Decision Ever.

We decided to keep this as our permanent plan and just be totally open and honest about how we feel. And it had made our relationship a lot better.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #5707 of 6057 (permalink) Old 06-09-15, 08:43 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:

Sorry to hear that man. I went through similar not long ago, and the girl I met with since has only recently fucked off in a similar way, but ours didn't last as long as yours.

Within a short time, you can know what feels right, but at the same time, it is entirely possible for one person to feel one thing and another to just go along with what's comfortable. I'm really sorry to hear that it's happened to you, but all I can say is that despite what you're feeling right now, it is for the better.

I'll be hear to talk mate, but honestly the best advice I can give you is don't give up hope of finding someone. And while it's a pithy thing to say over the internet, don't get yourself depressed. While we have no control over it, I'm not that much of a moron to believe that bunch of twaddle that people say, we can help stave it off. If your work can let you do it (explain to a manager or someone you trust in there and let them know your situation, and say you need to blow off steam for 10-20 minutes or so), and just take a quick break. Try hitting the gym. Put your efforts into lifting heavier, or running faster.

And think angry. Some people say "lets still be friends" but that's like digging up your pet rabbit after next doors doberman mauled it. It's not pretty, and eventually leads to falling out where you or they think that they can still say what they want as if they were still in a relationship. Cut clean and make a break from her. Try and cut down on potentially seeing her, don't go to the same bars you used to go in together in the hope of seeing her (because she won't be there) and don't go places you think she might be in an attempt to speak and catch up.

Don't fall into the "lets be friends", lets make up stuff. Get angry that they've taken away what was working and perfectly happy. As you said, it's her who made the choice, down to a flip switch moment. Someone who while made you happy for a while has taken those memories and got rid of them from her life because she wasn't happy, essentially wasting everyones time. While I'm not saying get rid of the memories, appreciate them for what they are, memories, and use that anger (for want of a better word, I don't mean "hulk smash" angry, just "fuck off" angry) to focus yourself on not hurting yourself with depression and stress and whatever else that can come from a break up.

She's done what she's done in the shittiest way possible and doesn't even have the balls to tell you to your face. While you may have been happy together for a while, the split has happened. Papering over the cracks that this will cause if you do eventually get back together is only going to cause it to cause problems later on in life. And none of us want that, when there may be more responsibilities, with Kids, Mortgages, and a retirement to care about. I wish you all the best mate, and if you need some help with getting over the Stress or Dpression. I'm not even saying it's a Sex Panther remedy (60% of the time...) but that it is what worked for me.

I wish you all the best mate, and in that condescending way that everyone says it in, it gets easier dealing with the fallout, but it still kicks like a mule when it happens. Nothing we can do makes that easier and if it does? Well, thats when it's a sorry state of affairs, and it hurting like it does makes you the better person.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #5708 of 6057 (permalink) Old 06-10-15, 01:33 AM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
And now I feel like I've lost it all and fallen back into the same spiral that has consumed most of my life.
Thing is brother, you're still you. You can still aspire to be the man you want to be with or without her and you'll be better for it. She may have been a pillar of support for the time you were together but she obviously isn't strong enough in character to deal with someone trying to better themselves and the trials that can come with it. It's times like these that I remind myself of this:

"When you jump ship you can either swim for shore or drown, but don't let those fuckers drag you down."

Granted in this scenario there may have been a little push off the ship but I think you get the message. Be you for you and Mrs. Serp will follow

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #5709 of 6057 (permalink) Old 06-10-15, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
Yeah. Communication is one of the hardest things to get right.

My wife once gave up thinking I can read her mind (our waiting for me to decipher her secret clues) for lent, and decided to be totally blunt and tell me how she felt about things.

Best Decision Ever.

We decided to keep this as our permanent plan and just be totally open and honest about how we feel. And it had made our relationship a lot better.
Lol, my wife keeps telling me she's not a mind reader. I just have to remember to use my speaking voice not my thinking one.
@Scorpio n5

I dont know what to say really. If its this hard you should talk to a counselor for advice.

I feel your pain. I've had a string of relationships with the longest being 6 months, I was ready to just give up and I almost did. When I stopped trying to find Mrs Right that's when found her.

All of life is a journey, its ups and downs. The good the bad. They happen not to cause you distress, but to build you stronger. I'm in the military and I have had too many friends give up on life prematurely because they did not get help.

I wish you well.

MrKnify

post #5710 of 6057 (permalink) Old 06-10-15, 07:38 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

This is all very true.

Remember, "calm seas make for poor sailors".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode