Pointless VENTING - Page 566 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #5651 of 6057 (permalink) Old 04-27-15, 11:29 PM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

Guitar player in my band moved in with his gf of 6 weeks (stupid as shit, right?) last fall.

All was well for like, a month, but evidently, she has some sort of... negetive tendencies, and it seems there is something going on. he's pretty vague about it. I've been missing a lot of practices lately due to this and that, but he seems to always be very late when we meet, leaves early, checks his phone a LOT. Has made a few comments like "she's always mad at me" and "home has become a nightmare", among a few other stories to confirm that she seems irrational.

I've requested we meet up on weekdays so we can squeeze in some more practice time beyond the two fucking hours we manage on Sundays. (I'm there by 1, he shows up at 2:30, and it's getting later each week, which is making me think she's being pushy about when he leaves.) He gave me a resounding no, weekends only. Fair enough.

He's stopped answering texts, when we used to text constantly, like fucking little girls. Now, nothing, even when I text him if he's ok.

He showed up to practice last week looking like he hadn't slept all week, with part of his head shaved. He's had hair down to his ass since I met the dude almost a decade ago, no way did he just shave a chunk of the back of his head.

It's getting... fucking weird.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5652 of 6057 (permalink) Old 04-28-15, 12:03 AM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Yep. She's a co-dependent succubus stealing his humanity.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #5653 of 6057 (permalink) Old 04-28-15, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
Yep. She's a co-dependent succubus stealing his humanity.
Co-dependent for sure! Before they moved in together, she was tagging along with him to practice every weekend! and she seemed into it. Just as soon as they move in together, she vanishes.

she also seems to drink a fuckton, I saw her down 3 40 oz's one of those practices she attended.

I think I had.... one Sam Adams, and I'm the one in the fucking band!
post #5654 of 6057 (permalink) Old 04-28-15, 12:08 AM

Yeah . . . I had a good friend disappear into an unhealthy relationship like that, well no substance abuse that I know of (unless you count WoW.)

Now they're married and I never see him.

"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:

Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #5655 of 6057 (permalink) Old 04-28-15, 12:17 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Instructor designed an exam which was far too long, and no one managed to entirely finish. 9000 shades of pissed off.
post #5656 of 6057 (permalink) Old 04-28-15, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Yeah . . . I had a good friend disappear into an unhealthy relationship like that, well no substance abuse that I know of (unless you count WoW.)

Now they're married and I never see him.
It's terrible. The three of us barely drink, none of us use drugs, and the ones that do are terminated from the band roster. We've had to do this more times than we'd rather admit, but our style of music attracts either limitless talent, or absolute losers, or sadly, a toxic mix of both.

This is really beginning to sap my interest. I love the music, but it's becoming a skeleton in my closet.
post #5657 of 6057 (permalink) Old 04-28-15, 12:23 AM

I hear ya man. In my professional life I don't exactly advertise my love of melodic death metal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen.ahab View Post
Instructor designed an exam which was far too long, and no one managed to entirely finish. 9000 shades of pissed off.
Is it curved? Because if it is then the total answered is less important.

Quote:

Last edited by Kreuger; 04-28-15 at 12:29 AM.
post #5658 of 6057 (permalink) Old 04-28-15, 12:32 AM

I suppose we just chalk it up to friends becoming lost souls. Just sucks to see it in real time currently.

But yes, my department know I am in a death metal band, and that's about it. Though, I do play it while I'm working so anyone walking by can hear it.
post #5659 of 6057 (permalink) Old 04-28-15, 02:36 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Quote:
I hear ya man. In my professional life I don't exactly advertise my love of melodic death metal.

Is it curved? Because if it is then the total answered is less important.
I'm sure it will be, but that isn't the point. Tests shouldn't be designed to test my ability to write quickly, they should be designed to test functional knowledge of a subject. If no one, or at least very few, manages to finish an exam, it's the fault of the instructor, and it pisses me the fuck off because the old jackass should damn well know better.
post #5660 of 6057 (permalink) Old 04-28-15, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen.ahab View Post
I'm sure it will be, but that isn't the point. Tests shouldn't be designed to test my ability to write quickly, they should be designed to test functional knowledge of a subject. If no one, or at least very few, manages to finish an exam, it's the fault of the instructor, and it pisses me the fuck off because the old jackass should damn well know better.

My favorite test meme(ish)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode