Pointless VENTING - Page 548 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #5471 of 6057 (permalink) Old 10-29-14, 02:23 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangus Bane View Post
It wouldn't even fit in the open hand which normally grips the bolter behind the barrel....
Brutal. That chances we take with 3rd party bits retailers....if only GW would fuck off with their lawsuits and let people do this stuff...or do it themselves for fuck's sake.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5472 of 6057 (permalink) Old 10-29-14, 02:28 PM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

On the plus side, it at least gives you the sense of it being unwieldy. I never get that feels from the regular axes, since they're so small. It's like "how does that axe take 4 initiative steps to wind up a swing?" At least with that you can understand why, but also why if it connects you are pretty much fucked!

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.
post #5473 of 6057 (permalink) Old 10-29-14, 05:40 PM
Rattlehead

It tells you an awful lot about the fanbase when Draigo's 5th edition fluff gets the massive butthurt reaction that it did, but his 7th edition fluff has gone completely unmentioned despite fixing everything that everyone complained about. Quick to whine, but the possibility of GW doing something right? Community can't be having that; GW can never do anything right, the stupid fuck-ups, so we'll just ignore it and wait for something we don't like to come along.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #5474 of 6057 (permalink) Old 10-29-14, 09:47 PM

Alsojames's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
It tells you an awful lot about the fanbase when Draigo's 5th edition fluff gets the massive butthurt reaction that it did, but his 7th edition fluff has gone completely unmentioned despite fixing everything that everyone complained about. Quick to whine, but the possibility of GW doing something right? Community can't be having that; GW can never do anything right, the stupid fuck-ups, so we'll just ignore it and wait for something we don't like to come along.
It's common knowledge that you get reamed out for screwing up, but rarely any praise for doing a good job. Usually you just get a nod of acceptance, but because you're in England somewhere and the internet is everywhere, you won't get to see it.

In other news, my sister is useless at answering the phone. She hangs up so fast you'd think she's not even paying attention to who's talking on the other line. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I'm starting to think she might have hung up on the guys I applied to and screwed me out of a job opportunity.

Also, I'm not getting any fucking sleep next week. Sunday I have to go in and get my footage for a documentary rough cut that was due on tuesday that I have to finish for monday, then go in on monday (my day off) to listen to the teacher's criticism, and THEN spend all of monday editing the final cut for tuesday next week. Fuck these two guys, they can't get any shit done on time.

I hate school. For all their talk of "this is how this industry is in the real world this is how the industry is in the real world" they sure like to drop a dozen assignments on us in real short order. I'm sure Peter Jackson was working on three concurrent other movies when he was making The Hobbit and had them all due within a week of each other.

Shit would be so much easier if we had one assignment per class worth 75% of our final mark, but we had all semester to do it. Instead, we have something in each class due every week, and we can't focus on anything and make it half decent because we're too busy trying to get the other four things due next week done on time. No fucking wonder why so many people flunk out of second year.

Necrons W3 T0 L1

Death Korps W1 T0 L1

Dark Elves W0 T0 L0
post #5475 of 6057 (permalink) Old 10-29-14, 10:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alsojames View Post
Shit would be so much easier if we had one assignment per class worth 75% of our final mark, but we had all semester to do it. Instead, we have something in each class due every week, and we can't focus on anything and make it half decent because we're too busy trying to get the other four things due next week done on time. No fucking wonder why so many people flunk out of second year.
I hear you, my earlier years were the same as what your going through now; and the profs were surprised at the quality of the work! (Mediocre or bad that is)

My laters years saw one or two assignments running the length or (in the case of two) half the length of the course with much, much better quality.

Some people think the old idea of hammering a single assignment out in a week lets you reinforce those concepts. Truthfully, its the long term ones which force you to actually apply the stuff over a greater period of time that both make you more familiar and adept at the stuff your learning.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #5476 of 6057 (permalink) Old 10-30-14, 03:57 PM

Alsojames's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
Some people think the old idea of hammering a single assignment out in a week lets you reinforce those concepts. Truthfully, its the long term ones which force you to actually apply the stuff over a greater period of time that both make you more familiar and adept at the stuff your learning.
Exactly! In what fucking universe does a production team assigned to research and locate props, a shooting location and wardrobe while also producing a completely unrelated documentary, writing drafts of a script outline, crewing a TV station AND study for an essay based off a novel, while simultaneously reading a different novel for the week after AND absorbing all the different lessons?

People are going to make huge fucking mistakes with this much pressure on them, and we already are. It got to the point where the administration put a "reading week" in the middle of the semester so we could relax. This is a week where we're literally told that we are not supposed to be doing any homework and, according to our English teacher, teachers are not supposed to assign anything over that week. Well guess fucking what? EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN TEACHER EXCEPT OUR ENGLISH TEACHER ASSIGNED SOMETHING THE WEEK BEFORE THE BREAK AND HAD IT DUE THE WEEK AFTER.

At the rate I'm going, I'm going to fail the semester. I'm failing one course and barely squeaking by in the other, and it's an uphill battle to keep the other three classes at a half decent grade.

At least in the real world you work an 8-hour (or 12+-hour, in the case of a lot of film shoots and TV studios), get PAID for it, and go home. If someone else is fucking up their job, it doesn't affect you. If I'm an audio guy or a camera guy and the lighting guy is being useless, not only am I not expected to pick up his slack, I'M LEGALLY NOT ALLOWED TO. I get paid on the merit of my own job and if someone isn't doing their job, shows up late and/or doesn't meet a deadline, they are FIRED AND REPLACED ON THE SPOT.

I may not be the best cameraman or lighting technician or production coordinator, but I'm a damn good audio engineer and I'm RELIABLE. I show up on time, I hand things in on time and I can LEARN. I'm sick of being brought down by other people and having a million things due all at the same time. I have three friends who are physically suffering because of this stress, and I think I'm getting to that point, too.

Necrons W3 T0 L1

Death Korps W1 T0 L1

Dark Elves W0 T0 L0
post #5477 of 6057 (permalink) Old 11-01-14, 01:55 AM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

What university do you attend? Week after week you fill this thread with woe. I'm curious what place has their academics so backwards?

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #5478 of 6057 (permalink) Old 11-01-14, 04:25 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Found out i can no longerdrink. In bed by four.... good grife.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #5479 of 6057 (permalink) Old 11-01-14, 07:18 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

So I'm a little pissed today. I've been working with the local VA Clinic to start HRT to transition (as I am trans and would like things to improve) and in September I did a mental health screening to prove that I'm stable enough that when I go on the hormones it won't make me suicidal or anything. We're now approaching 2 months and I still haven't heard from my PA about the next step. I got a message passed to him Wensday and am supposed to have been called back but no news yet either. I'm going to try again on Monday but no idea if I'll have any news then either.

Sometimes trying to make your life less shitty is easy, and sometimes it's hampered by the obstacles created by other people. This feels like the latter.
post #5480 of 6057 (permalink) Old 11-03-14, 04:48 AM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

So at work I was checking today. Got to deal with my first genuine group of assholes. It was a group of 4 people, 2 guys, 2 girls, the youngest of the group being one of the girls I would've guessed to be about high school age, the oldest of the group maybe mid 30's. The last thing I scanned was the 6 pack of beer they had in their basket. As per our store policy, I need to see the ID of everyone in the group. Asshole #1 when I got 3 of 4 ID's told me so and so wasn't of age, so I told him, as per store policy again, that I can't sell him the beer and explained it was store policy after asshole #2 goes "Are you fucking kidding me?" Then said something else that I can't quite remember concerning the 6 pack and their ID's. Asshole #1 told me to call a manager over. I did, and asshole #1 goes on a rant about why I won't sell him the beer even though I carded the three of age and his daughter was there with them (the girl who was underage, whom I did not card because they said she was underage, but never mentioned anything about her being asshole #1's daughter). My manager said "Yeah thats fine". I know its fine, I said as much even. Then I said I didn't know the girl was asshole #1's daughter. He rudely replied "Because you didn't ask me".

Let me clear this bit up real quick. Its not my fucking responsibility to ask that question. Its his fucking responsibility to tell me. He didn't look near old enough to be a parent of a high school kid to me. Nor should he even be a parent with how he and his buddy were acting. That in mind, I figured it was some group of friends hanging out. No way anyone would've made a connection between asshole #1 and the youngest of the group being his daughter. Not with how old they both looked

So I entered in the DOB of whichever asshole among the group it was. Asshole #2 says he's paying with 20 on his card. This I quote "I'm going to make this as hard as possible on you." Then muttered under his breath that I'm an asshole, too inquisitive (this one didn't make any sense) among other things I couldn't quite make out. When asshole #1 stepped up to swipe his card, me feeling like being a smart ass asked "How would you like to split this, sir?" in a sarcastic tone. He only said all the rest was on his card. His buddy standing by the basket answered a coworker of mine (whom had asked if they needed help carrying it out) said "Nah, I want to wait to make sure it all paid for so this guy doesn't get mad." Again, trying to take a dig at me. When everything was paid for, I didn't say anything, practically shoved the receipt into asshole #1's hands and glared at asshole #2 as he, again taking another dig at me, goes "You alright man?"

Turning to check out the next customer, I audibly said "Immature children." Dunno if they heard me or not though, nor do I really care. I'm just glad they came through my line and not someone elses line. They'd have gone through the same crap at whatever line they would've chosen. Dunno how any of my coworkers would've reacted to their shit.

So yeah, I learned today that when someone forgets to mention that the under aged person of their group is their daughter (because as mentioned above, its not my responsibility to ask), it makes me an asshole for following store policy regarding the sale of alcohol. I was pissed, but I didn't show it, or at least I don't think I did. I didn't feel my facial expressions change a whole lot. Oh well. Still, the sacker who was there could tell I was seething.

All I know is, if they come back to the store and try coming through my line (not likely to happen) I'm going to tell them to beat it to another line. If they want to speak to a manager, I'll go get said manager and tell them to deal with em. I'm not going to put up with shit from a group of overgrown man-children.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.

Last edited by DeathJester921; 11-03-14 at 08:13 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode