Pointless VENTING - Page 547 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #5461 of 6057 (permalink) Old 10-27-14, 04:32 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Sounds like Liverpool. I made a visa application to go, but apparently it got cetoed shortly after being accepted as a result of my military background (i was serving my 1 year notice at the time though). I'd wanted to enter through Hong Kong though.

I think maybe they thought I would have been a spy, but how a 6ft 3" tall, 16 stone scouser would have been an effective spy is beyond me
Maybe they were just afraid you'd step on one of the without noticing.

Is an allergy med really worth it if it makes me feel as though I'm going to projectile vomit? I'm not entirely sure it is.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5462 of 6057 (permalink) Old 10-27-14, 06:16 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeMarine View Post
its for reasons like this that i make the investment into amazon prime. Not to mention ive found that they are alot better with customer service for prime members than those who are not.
Turns out I spoke too soon. Got it just a few minutes ago, actually. I guess they had either shipped it directly from Lindenhurst with no stops, or they just weren't updating the tracking information.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #5463 of 6057 (permalink) Old 10-27-14, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathJester921 View Post
Turns out I spoke too soon. Got it just a few minutes ago, actually. I guess they had either shipped it directly from Lindenhurst with no stops, or they just weren't updating the tracking information.
Happens to me all the time with USPS.
post #5464 of 6057 (permalink) Old 10-27-14, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookiepelt View Post
People who insist on reading/texting/FB while walking on the crowded pavements and crossing roads!!! Two within the span of 60 seconds... First nearly gets run over at the lights by a motorbike and the second I had to shout "HEADS UP" at otherwise she's simply plow straight into me!!! Can anyone tell me why these idiots exist?!?
Don't mind if I do.

These people exist so that we know which ones "Natural Selection" is going to possibly take next. By alerting the girl who nearly walked into you, you may have made her aware that she could have walked into a street and been plowed under by a Guinness delivery truck, where you would have rushed to the scene to help and been given free Guinness for life. But, you didn't, so, you won't.

That's sad, actually. You could've had free Guinness.
post #5465 of 6057 (permalink) Old 10-28-14, 03:38 AM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

The power axes I ordered made by Kromlech are cartoon-sized compared to the Catachan models I wanted to use them with. Arguably a bit too large even for a Terminator model to carry, though at least somewhat fitting in that scenario. Must figure out some way to use them...

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #5466 of 6057 (permalink) Old 10-28-14, 05:14 PM

SwedeMarine's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
The power axes I ordered made by Kromlech are cartoon-sized compared to the Catachan models I wanted to use them with. Arguably a bit too large even for a Terminator model to carry, though at least somewhat fitting in that scenario. Must figure out some way to use them...
would they fit an ogryn?

Check out my Sentinels of Terra/ CSM Plog
Sentinels of Terra/Rot Bringers CSM PLOG
W:9 D:2 L:5

post #5467 of 6057 (permalink) Old 10-28-14, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeMarine View Post
would they fit an ogryn?
Unfortunately I don't own an Ogryn model to show you a comparison. Since I've bought them I'm going to try using them, I'll post up a model when I'm done and you can see the size on that at least. Gunna go for a Death Company Thunder Hammer dude and swap out the hammer for the axe. Here's a size comparison to the axe that comes in the Assault marine box:

Here's some shots of a model I just converted up. Didn't have good running legs to use for the Thunder Hammer arms, a standing pose and those arms looked ultra dumb. Haven't given up on that idea, and am thinking about harvesting a painted model's legs and torso for the other double headed axe.

I picked the biggest one to use first just to get it out of the way. That's the axe arm from the initial size comparison picture, I carefully cut the axe off for use with my Guard. Pretty sure I made the best of what I had available, with a bit of GS in the armpits to get the wider "come get some" stance out of him. I still think it's ridiculously proportioned. Every kill these models make will be my vengeance upon Kromlech's notions of compatibility.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Last edited by ntaw; 10-28-14 at 06:35 PM.
post #5468 of 6057 (permalink) Old 10-29-14, 01:16 AM

Sangus Bane's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
I know that feeling, I had the same issue but with a different producer.
Though I must say it looks good on the marine. But guard is not done, the axe would be as big as the actual dude carrying it.

I like large cc weaponry though, I think it makes mini's look badass.

Please have a look at my space marines.

Lord Bane says: "Keep your water bill low, drink more beer!"

My girlfriend said she didn't like Daft Punk. She's single now. Hahahahahaha lol, just kidding. She's dead...
post #5469 of 6057 (permalink) Old 10-29-14, 01:22 AM

The axe haft is easily as tall as a Guardsman and the blade itself is bigger than their torso, Sangus. I'm as happy as I can be with these two dudes, I'm thinking I might try and file down (sharpen, if you will) the other axes to make them a bit less unwieldy for a human. Striking at I1 is cool, not being able to strike because you can't lift your weapon is a sad day

What trouble did you run in to?

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #5470 of 6057 (permalink) Old 10-29-14, 05:49 AM

Sangus Bane's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
The axe haft is easily as tall as a Guardsman and the blade itself is bigger than their torso, Sangus. I'm as happy as I can be with these two dudes, I'm thinking I might try and file down (sharpen, if you will) the other axes to make them a bit less unwieldy for a human. Striking at I1 is cool, not being able to strike because you can't lift your weapon is a sad day

What trouble did you run in to?
I got some 28mm crossbows last year (Van Helsing Space Marine for Halloween competition.) The damn things were closer to Ballista artillery pieces than crossbows. Had to scrap most of them by cutting them to size. It wouldn't even fit in the open hand which normally grips the bolter behind the barrel....

Ah well.

Please have a look at my space marines.

Lord Bane says: "Keep your water bill low, drink more beer!"

My girlfriend said she didn't like Daft Punk. She's single now. Hahahahahaha lol, just kidding. She's dead...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode