Pointless VENTING - Page 546 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #5451 of 6057 (permalink) Old 10-25-14, 01:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alsojames View Post
Slowly starting to dawn on me that I'm most likely not going to get this job, and with it go my dreams of having some fucking money and not having to deal with the whole GIT A JOB AN QUIT BEING USELESS spiel from my mum regularly.
Have you contacted the place again since applying/interviewing? If not then get on that, its always good to do a follow up a few days or a week later. That way they have a better chance of remembering you, and your odds of getting the job go up.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5452 of 6057 (permalink) Old 10-25-14, 06:26 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Ordered the Deathwatch RPG rulebook last week. First stop was Lindenhurst, NY on the 21st. Hasn't moved since. I get that with amazon standard shipping its in the area of 4-14 days, meaning the latest expected delivery date is November 10th, but its still just plain lazy to keep it sitting there for 4 days rather than passing it on.

Looked up postal service reviews for that town and pretty much all of them were negative, so that doesn't fill me with confidence that I'll be getting my order anytime soon, if at all.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #5453 of 6057 (permalink) Old 10-26-14, 12:59 AM

Alsojames's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
Have you contacted the place again since applying/interviewing? If not then get on that, its always good to do a follow up a few days or a week later. That way they have a better chance of remembering you, and your odds of getting the job go up.
Yeah I contacted them a few days ago and they said they were still busy with the monthly restocking thing, which I do recall from the day I handed in my resume.

I'm still hopeful, but I tend to be very pessimistic about things =<

Necrons W3 T0 L1

Death Korps W1 T0 L1

Dark Elves W0 T0 L0
post #5454 of 6057 (permalink) Old 10-27-14, 03:44 AM

Sangus Bane's Flag is: Netherlands

I've been living in China for nearly ten months now and there's a few things I must say on the country/people/customs. Because as much the country and enjoy living here, there's some things I have to suffer through which make me wonder why I even like it here.

Although I like Chinese girls, there could not be a better textbook example of 'mixed signals' from the female sex. They bother you (a 1,93 tall, white kung fu student who speaks broken mandarin) all day every day stating you are handsome and they want to go out with you but when you actually agree to meet up with them they say they're not interested in having a 'laowei' (foreigner. Lit. outsider) as a (boy)friend. Only to start stalking you again three days later and showing up at your place in a outfit sexy enough to numb the mind. (39 accounts with 19 individual girls)

Chinese traffic... Oh my god. If you ever visit the big cities and are shocked by their driving, stay away from rural China! You'll end up having a heart attack by looking at it. I live in rural China and every freaking day is a fight for survival. (298 days, twice that number in near death experiences in traffic alone)

Parenting. They let their kids take a dump on the middle of the street. (Combine this with my previous point and it becomes even more horrible!) so you're having dinner at a restaurant with two friends, your master, your chinese teacher and her sister and some kid starts taking a crap not ten metres away from you. (9 accounts)

Chinese organizational skills. When asked to bet which one is more likely; a Chinese guy manages to organize something, anything really, involving more than 10 people and there will be no major issues or you suddenly waking up on the moon dressed as a unicorn riding Jabba the Hut into battle against a legion of Amazons wearing 'I <3 Berlin" t-shirts deploying from the sphincter of an enormous purple suited duck, put your money on the latter.

Furthermore; the food is shit, the hygiene is mythical, the pollution is abundant and about a million other issues I won't bore you guys with. Not yet...

Please have a look at my space marines.

Lord Bane says: "Keep your water bill low, drink more beer!"

My girlfriend said she didn't like Daft Punk. She's single now. Hahahahahaha lol, just kidding. She's dead...

Last edited by Sangus Bane; 10-27-14 at 03:57 AM.
post #5455 of 6057 (permalink) Old 10-27-14, 04:57 AM

Warhawk's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangus Bane View Post
They bother you all day every day stating you are handsome and they want to go out with you but when you actually agree to meet up with them they say they're not interested in having a 'laowei' as a (boy)friend. Only to start stalking you again three days later and showing up at your place in a outfit sexy enough to numb the mind.
That sounds like they're toying with you. And/or foreigners in general. Whether the taboo is too strong to allow them room for indulgence, or you're actually seen as slightly inferior yet "exotic," they seem to be getting their rocks off on making you 'start' the chase, rather than the whole package itself.

Quote:
Chinese traffic... Oh my god. If you ever visit the big cities and are shocked by their driving, stay away from rural China!
I don't doubt it. Hell, I wonder if the government encourages road rage due to population initiatives... nasty thought.

Quote:
They let their kids take a dump on the middle of the street. So you're having dinner at a restaurant with two friends, your master, your chinese teacher and her sister and some kid starts taking a crap not ten metres away from you.
And people wonder why the Chinese have been brow-beaten beneath autocrats for millennia.

Quote:
When asked to bet which one is more likely; a Chinese guy manages to organize something, anything really, involving more than 10 people and there will be no major issues or you suddenly waking up on the moon dressed as a unicorn riding Jabba the Hut into battle against a legion of Amazons wearing 'I <3 Berlin" t-shirts deploying from the sphincter of an enormous purple suited duck, put your money on the latter.
Now I find this curious, since my knowledge of cultural China as per the Flying Tigers era suggests that the Chinese are 'great' organizers and team players, though they often lack guidance. Either they 'still' lack guidance or that trait was lost somewhere along the line.

Quote:
Furthermore; the food is shit, the hygiene is mythical, the pollution is abundant and about a million other issues I won't bore you guys with. Not yet...

"There are old heretics and bold heretics, but there are no old, bold heretics. How do I know? Because I make sure of it myself."

Wing Commander Silo Barstad, Imperial Navy 3355th Fighter Wing
post #5456 of 6057 (permalink) Old 10-27-14, 10:17 AM

Sangus Bane's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
That sounds like they're toying with you.]
No, toying I can handle, that's matter of ignoring it or playing along and then set the rules. (That sounds horrible, putting it like that...)
I sometimes think they are willing and wanting, but parents don't approve or they get shy or some deeper psychological problems, I don't know, I couldn't care. It's annoying.

But in the end the one girl I fell in love with is now my girlfriend, so I guess it all works out.

Still though...

Please have a look at my space marines.

Lord Bane says: "Keep your water bill low, drink more beer!"

My girlfriend said she didn't like Daft Punk. She's single now. Hahahahahaha lol, just kidding. She's dead...
post #5457 of 6057 (permalink) Old 10-27-14, 12:40 PM

Its so lovely having a vendor run a program update that locks you out of your computer's main program for researching account information for an inbound Credit Union call center. What makes it even better, having to be on the phone when you can't help people. I have to depend on coworkers not being on the phone so I can transfer the call.
post #5458 of 6057 (permalink) Old 10-27-14, 03:47 PM

SwedeMarine's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathJester921 View Post
Ordered the Deathwatch RPG rulebook last week. First stop was Lindenhurst, NY on the 21st. Hasn't moved since. I get that with amazon standard shipping its in the area of 4-14 days, meaning the latest expected delivery date is November 10th, but its still just plain lazy to keep it sitting there for 4 days rather than passing it on.

Looked up postal service reviews for that town and pretty much all of them were negative, so that doesn't fill me with confidence that I'll be getting my order anytime soon, if at all.
its for reasons like this that i make the investment into amazon prime. Not to mention ive found that they are alot better with customer service for prime members than those who are not.

Check out my Sentinels of Terra/ CSM Plog
Sentinels of Terra/Rot Bringers CSM PLOG
W:9 D:2 L:5

post #5459 of 6057 (permalink) Old 10-27-14, 03:53 PM
The Tinkerer

Wookiepelt's Flag is: United Kingdom

People who insist on reading/texting/FB while walking on the crowded pavements and crossing roads!!! Two within the span of 60 seconds... First nearly gets run over at the lights by a motorbike and the second I had to shout "HEADS UP" at otherwise she's simply plow straight into me!!! Can anyone tell me why these idiots exist?!?

Don't leave us engineers with too much free time on our hands...
we WILL tinker around and build something!!!

Wookie's Wolfies - A Space Wolves Project Log
post #5460 of 6057 (permalink) Old 10-27-14, 03:58 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangus Bane View Post
I've been living in China for nearly ten months now and there's a few things I must say on the country/people/customs. Because as much the country and enjoy living here, there's some things I have to suffer through which make me wonder why I even like it here.

Although I like Chinese girls, there could not be a better textbook example of 'mixed signals' from the female sex. They bother you (a 1,93 tall, white kung fu student who speaks broken mandarin) all day every day stating you are handsome and they want to go out with you but when you actually agree to meet up with them they say they're not interested in having a 'laowei' (foreigner. Lit. outsider) as a (boy)friend. Only to start stalking you again three days later and showing up at your place in a outfit sexy enough to numb the mind. (39 accounts with 19 individual girls)

Chinese traffic... Oh my god. If you ever visit the big cities and are shocked by their driving, stay away from rural China! You'll end up having a heart attack by looking at it. I live in rural China and every freaking day is a fight for survival. (298 days, twice that number in near death experiences in traffic alone)

Parenting. They let their kids take a dump on the middle of the street. (Combine this with my previous point and it becomes even more horrible!) so you're having dinner at a restaurant with two friends, your master, your chinese teacher and her sister and some kid starts taking a crap not ten metres away from you. (9 accounts)

Chinese organizational skills. When asked to bet which one is more likely; a Chinese guy manages to organize something, anything really, involving more than 10 people and there will be no major issues or you suddenly waking up on the moon dressed as a unicorn riding Jabba the Hut into battle against a legion of Amazons wearing 'I <3 Berlin" t-shirts deploying from the sphincter of an enormous purple suited duck, put your money on the latter.

Sounds like Liverpool. I made a visa application to go, but apparently it got cetoed shortly after being accepted as a result of my military background (i was serving my 1 year notice at the time though). I'd wanted to enter through Hong Kong though.

I think maybe they thought I would have been a spy, but how a 6ft 3" tall, 16 stone scouser would have been an effective spy is beyond me

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode