Pointless VENTING - Page 517 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #5161 of 6057 (permalink) Old 07-29-14, 02:50 PM

SwedeMarine's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post

anyway what im saying is a friend would be helping the girl rebuild a relationship with her parents,they are very important people, they may be flawed and homophobic, but they are still her parents and they deserve a chance to work past the flaws they may have and still have a relationship with there daughter.

Check out my Sentinels of Terra/ CSM Plog
Sentinels of Terra/Rot Bringers CSM PLOG
W:9 D:2 L:5

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5162 of 6057 (permalink) Old 07-29-14, 03:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
do you have children James ?
Pretty sure, in this thread and elsewhere, James has stated he is less than twenty and either finishing high school or about to enter university. So unless he started really early and wanted his mom complaining and yelling at him even more, doubt the answer is yes.

Quote:
Parents have hopes and dreams for there children
This is very true.

Quote:
anyway what im saying is a friend would be helping the girl rebuild a relationship with her parents,they are very important people, they may be flawed and homophobic, but they are still her parents and they deserve a chance to work past the flaws they may have and still have a relationship with there daughter.
Moving out for a bit might also be better for her than staying; let both sides work things out for themselves.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #5163 of 6057 (permalink) Old 07-29-14, 09:29 PM

Alsojames's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Well to be fair they are her parents and as a parent i can completely understand how utterly devastating it would be for my daughter to leave home in this fashion, do you have children James ?
It might shock you to learn that Homosexuality still isnt that common or as accepted as people might think and it isnt homophobic to hope that your child grows up and develops a traditional sexuality when parents are from a traditional male/female relationship. Parents have hopes and dreams for there children and its not that unusual that parents can feel disappointed at the news that a child is gay, some parents just know before the child that they are gay or suspect,some will grow to accept it some wont, and some people who claim to be gay really are not gay they are just trying it out, just as quite a few straight people have married and had children only in latter life to figure out they were gay all along so you shouldnt be too surprised that someone might want to fix someone because its perfectly possible they took a wrong turn at some point.

No I don't have children, but I do see your point.

My anger comes more from the fact that this girl basically had shit hit the fan several years before she was ready, and have all this ridiculousness dumped on her at once from absolutely nowhere, only for her friends to basically tell her she's the one at fault for daring to consider leaving her parents and to consider their feelings, when in the short span of approximately two days, she went through one of the hardest times of her life and went from "anxious" to "full blown depression".

The fact that these were supposed to be among her closest friends and they more or less disregarded her feelings and her depression and basically told her to take her lumps because she's her parents' only child. Precisely 0% of the response text included any "are you okay? How are you holding up? Things will be okay", however it was full of: "think about what you're doing, you're your parents' only child, think about how they feel, James was way out of line".

And yeah I get that people can move past this and should be given a chance, but if this friend is to be believed, this "conversion therapy" is a part of her daily life, and shows no signs of stopping. In my opinion, it's a toxic environment that she needs to remove herself from for the sake of her mental health. With the new school year coming up, even more so.

Necrons W3 T0 L1

Death Korps W1 T0 L1

Dark Elves W0 T0 L0

Last edited by Alsojames; 07-29-14 at 09:32 PM.
post #5164 of 6057 (permalink) Old 07-30-14, 12:53 AM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alsojames View Post
No I don't have children, but I do see your point.

My anger comes more from the fact that this girl basically had shit hit the fan several years before she was ready, and have all this ridiculousness dumped on her at once from absolutely nowhere, only for her friends to basically tell her she's the one at fault for daring to consider leaving her parents and to consider their feelings, when in the short span of approximately two days, she went through one of the hardest times of her life and went from "anxious" to "full blown depression".
coming out is already difficult as all hell as it is, depending on how well you know your parents.
being outed the way she was,quickly turns into a big mess with a lot of loss of control over the situation, can just turn into a complete mess in the first place.

Quote:
The fact that these were supposed to be among her closest friends and they more or less disregarded her feelings and her depression and basically told her to take her lumps because she's her parents' only child. Precisely 0% of the response text included any "are you okay? How are you holding up? Things will be okay", however it was full of: "think about what you're doing, you're your parents' only child, think about how they feel, James was way out of line".
You where far from out of line, it seems like you are about the only one looking out for the girls best interests.

Quote:
And yeah I get that people can move past this and should be given a chance, but if this friend is to be believed, this "conversion therapy" is a part of her daily life, and shows no signs of stopping. In my opinion, it's a toxic environment that she needs to remove herself from for the sake of her mental health. With the new school year coming up, even more so.
conversion therapy, the utter bullshit of highly religious and other people that just cant accept that things are as they are. trying to convince people that being gay or trans is a choice or even an illness.
keep supporting her, she will need a good friend.

@bitsandkits
Quote:
Parents have hopes and dreams for there children and its not that unusual that parents can feel disappointed at the news that a child is gay
I have seen that excuse used to force gay kids into "normality" and/or shame them for being gay, its the worst thing you can tell your kid/let your kid know when they come out.
I know my dad did, and tho my reaction to it was not the best, I stand by it still.

otherwise yes they do deserve chance in both parties, to fix things between them. taking distancee from eachother for a while will most likely help more then then the girl staying in a supressive environment

Last edited by Haskanael; 07-30-14 at 12:55 AM.
post #5165 of 6057 (permalink) Old 07-30-14, 01:39 AM

SwedeMarine's Flag is: Sweden

Guys let's try to keep this a venting thread? A quick comment is one thing but if it's going to draw an argument or debate keep it to PMs everyone has opinions and there's no point in arguing them.

Check out my Sentinels of Terra/ CSM Plog
Sentinels of Terra/Rot Bringers CSM PLOG
W:9 D:2 L:5

post #5166 of 6057 (permalink) Old 07-30-14, 02:25 AM
Irn Bru 32!

Nacho libre's Flag is: Scotland

its currently 3.25am and i cannot sleep, fan-fucking-tastic.
post #5167 of 6057 (permalink) Old 07-30-14, 07:19 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Dish washer broke , flooded my kitchen, tools, mop and a very late night, but I fixed it by channeling my inner mekboy

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #5168 of 6057 (permalink) Old 07-30-14, 08:53 AM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Dish washer broke , flooded my kitchen, tools, mop and a very late night, but I fixed it by channeling my inner mekboy
Twatting it repeatedly with a spanner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #5169 of 6057 (permalink) Old 07-30-14, 09:07 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
Twatting it repeatedly with a spanner?

Pretty much sums up my techniquelol, also forgot to mention and the reason I was posting, sliced a 1 inch long gash in my finger removing the base plate which was made from razor blades and broken glass and knives.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #5170 of 6057 (permalink) Old 07-30-14, 09:39 AM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Pretty much sums up my techniquelol, also forgot to mention and the reason I was posting, sliced a 1 inch long gash in my finger removing the base plate which was made from razor blades and broken glass and knives.
Aah, you got it from Comet then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode