Pointless VENTING - Page 507 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #5061 of 6057 (permalink) Old 06-14-14, 06:05 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samules View Post
So a damn brace got removed today after it snapped any guess what, there's a fucking cavity right under it. Where I couldn't brush. For several years. I'd be ok with getting a cavity through my own laziness with regard to dental hygiene but fuck this.
You have my sympathy! The worst cavity I ever had developed inside a band on one of my adult molars. I was really careful too. I flossed every night and brushed twice a day.

I think many orthodontists could be a lot more careful about brushing your teeth while they are making changes and swapping bands and braces.

Good luck!

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5062 of 6057 (permalink) Old 06-14-14, 07:31 PM

Samules's Flag is: USA

Thanks, I just hope this newer dentist knows how to use anesthetic. I one had two teeth pulled while anesthesia wasn't working on the right area. Not fun.

Edit: Well fuck it's 4 cavities now.

Last edited by Samules; 06-18-14 at 12:06 AM.
post #5063 of 6057 (permalink) Old 06-18-14, 09:15 PM

Alsojames's Flag is: Canada

Fucking Nether.

Trying to save a safezone under attack with a couple random people I met. It was going pretty well until the other guys decided they weren't going to help and left me to fend of ~2 dozen monsters by myself with an assault rifle. Was holding them off pretty well until my damn glider (which is supposed to negate all damage from falling when active) decided not to work. Lost my rifle and 200 bullets.

Went back with a silenced SMG so the monsters couldn't track my bullets. Somehow got spotted by a Screamer (which alerts other monsters to your location) pretty much instantly and was set upon by a freaking army. Was holding them off pretty well until I just randomly fell over dead.

Now I've lost my two best guns and all the ammo to go with them, as well as half my money. ARRRGH.

Necrons W3 T0 L1

Death Korps W1 T0 L1

Dark Elves W0 T0 L0
post #5064 of 6057 (permalink) Old 06-19-14, 05:00 AM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alsojames View Post
Fucking Nether.

Trying to save a safezone under attack with a couple random people I met. It was going pretty well until the other guys decided they weren't going to help and left me to fend of ~2 dozen monsters by myself with an assault rifle. Was holding them off pretty well until my damn glider (which is supposed to negate all damage from falling when active) decided not to work. Lost my rifle and 200 bullets.

Went back with a silenced SMG so the monsters couldn't track my bullets. Somehow got spotted by a Screamer (which alerts other monsters to your location) pretty much instantly and was set upon by a freaking army. Was holding them off pretty well until I just randomly fell over dead.

Now I've lost my two best guns and all the ammo to go with them, as well as half my money. ARRRGH.
I remember before the update that added tribes I had a hell of a stash of weapons and ammo. What I always did with ammo was carry enough for a full mag and 1 or 2 full reloads. That way if I died, I wouldn't lose a whole lot.

Also, I remember me and a friend playing going after this one other player constantly. Died probably half a dozen times to this player and the Nether before we finally hunted him down and killed him. Problem was, my friend died and I was overwhelmed by Nether beings two seconds after. The dude was already fighting them off because they were attracted to him due to having killed so many people apparently.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #5065 of 6057 (permalink) Old 06-19-14, 10:03 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Why hire locals to do a job when you can hire foreigners to come over and pay them twice the price and make the locals redundant into the mix so that next time round you can offer them even less money and worse working conditions and you know they will come back for another arse raping because they haven't got any other options. This is what happens when you destroy unions. This shit, this nepotist fucking bullshit. My boss can fuck off and die in a hole the disloyal lazy fucking cunt. The next time he gets a stomach ulcer I hope it fucking kills him.
post #5066 of 6057 (permalink) Old 06-23-14, 01:07 AM

Some people I swear to christ.

I spend the last half of the school year helping a friend out emotionally, being her good friend and being there for her when she was depressed. I was there when she had a huge falling out with one of her closest friends.

And then she blows me off completely. Does not want to talk to me. Does not want me commenting on her Facebook statuses. Does not want me to do anything with her. Doesn't want jack shit to do with me.

Well fine. Fuck her too. She's gotten close with other people, she can go to them for help. Fucking cunt.

Oh, and my mum made me spend 7 hours filming the students she teaches on their last-day-of-school play day, expected me to finish editing it all in 3 days, and compensated me with lunch. Sigh.

Necrons W3 T0 L1

Death Korps W1 T0 L1

Dark Elves W0 T0 L0

Last edited by Alsojames; 06-23-14 at 01:10 AM.
post #5067 of 6057 (permalink) Old 06-23-14, 04:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alsojames View Post
Oh, and my mum made me spend 7 hours filming the students she teaches on their last-day-of-school play day, expected me to finish editing it all in 3 days, and compensated me with lunch. Sigh.
Yeah but thats family, half the time they never quite understand how easy or hard some of the things you do actually are and they always need your help. Sometimes you can say no, like when you already have a lot of work on your plate that needs to get done or else your fucked (at which point calmly sit them down and explain your situation and how much time you need to spend on that in order to make sure everything is right and that when its done you will help as best you can.)

Been there, done that; went through the phase of having to tell my mom no enough times that she had convinced herself I hated her and wanted nothing to do with her which was not the case. A single hour of explaining things went a very long way.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #5068 of 6057 (permalink) Old 06-23-14, 05:09 AM

I really want to try that, but my mum has a horrendous habit of pulling reverse-psychology, guilt-tripping bullshit that leaves me feeling horrible for days.

Although I've gotten to the point in my life where I have no more patience for bullshit of any form, whether it be depressed friends, relationship trouble or such.

I mean For the last 8-ish years I've been everyone's shoulder to cry on, and in many ways I still am, but I'm very quickly growing out of the 'save-everyone' mentality because all it's gotten me is more and more miserable. Imagine me as toilet paper--everyone uses me to be rid of their shit, and I just get...well, shittier.

Now if my mum could do that, it'd be fan-fucking-tastic. For the longest time, she's spent more of her time and money on other people's children than her own, often spending loads of time in stores looking for things so the children she looks after at the school she works at can have a better life for the twenty minutes of playtime a day they get.

I exploded at someone for the first time a month or so ago with one of my friends who just did not want to fucking listen to me, so I told her to piss off and dropped the subject. I've very quickly stopped supporting my mum and her relationship which I swear to all that is holy has devolved into a friggin' co-dependancy.

I've also learned in a short amount of time that, as a recent adult, I'm getting all the responsibility but none of the gain. Every time my mum--or anyone in my house really--needs something done, I get the whole "you're an adult, learn to be responsible" spiel, but I get bitched at if I want to stay out later than 9pm...on a weekend...when I don't have a job....or school.

Never mind my useless sister, who failed the overwhelming majority of her 8th grade classes and got put in the classes below college level (read: no chance for post-secondary education), and fights my mum every time summer school is discussed so she can at least try to graduate high school with more than a D- average. I can guarantee she won't get a job once she's 15; at least I've got a couple freelance writing jobs keeping me busy.

And last and certainly least is my relationship woes, or rather lack-of-relationship woes. Everyone I know and their goddamned brother is in a happy relationship and I'm just sitting here playing the psychologist and the third wheel.

Next week might be better, I've been invited to the World Pride parade by my friend and her girlfriend, who both love me to bits. But after that it's a long summer of doing buttfuck nothing.

Cripes I don't know where that came from, but it's good to get it off my chest. Old James would never have ranted like this.

New James is here, and he's not fucking happy. He's still funny, though.

I know there are people with far greater issues than mine, but it's all the little things at once that really get to me.

Necrons W3 T0 L1

Death Korps W1 T0 L1

Dark Elves W0 T0 L0
post #5069 of 6057 (permalink) Old 06-23-14, 05:19 AM
Senior Moderator

I had a terrible bit of advice for you, on second thought its probably a very bad idea so thats not getting posted.

In the end, try to calmly talk to her and if she tries to pull the reverse then stop the conversation, point out what she's doing, and end it there. Tell her, and hold your ground on this, that its either an adult conversation between the two of you, not you trying while she pulls immature blows.

That shit is never an easy thing to do

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #5070 of 6057 (permalink) Old 06-23-14, 05:44 AM

I agree. It's never easy to do.

I've just reached my boiling point. I've had it with all the BS.

Necrons W3 T0 L1

Death Korps W1 T0 L1

Dark Elves W0 T0 L0

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode