Pointless VENTING - Page 499 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

 25Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #4981 of 6057 (permalink) Old 04-15-14, 05:04 PM
Senior Member
 
SwedeMarine's Avatar
SwedeMarine's Flag is: Sweden
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bothell WA
Posts: 1,665
Reputation: 56
Default

Thanks for the sentiment fellas. Hoping for the best.

Check out my Sentinels of Terra/ CSM Plog
Sentinels of Terra/Rot Bringers CSM PLOG
W:9 D:2 L:5

SwedeMarine is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4982 of 6057 (permalink) Old 04-16-14, 02:46 AM
Senior Member
 
Alsojames's Avatar
Alsojames's Flag is: Canada
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere, doing something
Posts: 2,386
Reputation: 6
Default

God fucking DAMMIT my sister is the most useless human being I've ever encountered.

Thirteen (13!) years old, almost 14, and she complains about having to get her own food when she's hungry, takes hours and hours to do her homework, stays home from school for the most trivial things, and has the audacity to call me stupid.

On top of all that, my laptop's hinges are coming loose for some stupid reason and I need to send it in...but I need it for those assignments I mentioned earlier. Which means I'm gonna go a week without my computer or anything....when I have nothing else to do.



I always feel bad posting after an actual tragedy occurs. It makes me feel like I'm belittling the other person's sorrows

Especially because I typically vent about inane crap.

Necrons W3 T0 L1

Death Korps W1 T0 L1

Dark Elves W0 T0 L0
Alsojames is offline  
post #4983 of 6057 (permalink) Old 04-16-14, 08:52 AM
Irn Bru 32!
 
Nacho libre's Avatar
Nacho libre's Flag is: Scotland
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,436
Reputation: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alsojames View Post
God fucking DAMMIT my sister is the most useless human being I've ever encountered.

Thirteen (13!) years old, almost 14, and she complains about having to get her own food when she's hungry, takes hours and hours to do her homework, stays home from school for the most trivial things, and has the audacity to call me stupid.

On top of all that, my laptop's hinges are coming loose for some stupid reason and I need to send it in...but I need it for those assignments I mentioned earlier. Which means I'm gonna go a week without my computer or anything....when I have nothing else to do.



I always feel bad posting after an actual tragedy occurs. It makes me feel like I'm belittling the other person's sorrows

Especially because I typically vent about inane crap.
Don't worry I'll vent with you..... Damn 13 year olds.
Nacho libre is offline  
post #4984 of 6057 (permalink) Old 04-16-14, 12:52 PM
Senior Member
 
SwedeMarine's Avatar
SwedeMarine's Flag is: Sweden
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bothell WA
Posts: 1,665
Reputation: 56
Default

Lol no worries mate. Its a venting thread so post away. ive had the same thin ghappen to me before.

with 13 year olds let them act like little retards up to a point then give them a swift smack with the back of your hand. (keep that pimp hand strong) ((i do not actually condone the beating of children))

as for the laptop i feel you on that one mate. It sucks when you have work you need to do and cant because technology is not willing to cooperate.

Check out my Sentinels of Terra/ CSM Plog
Sentinels of Terra/Rot Bringers CSM PLOG
W:9 D:2 L:5


Last edited by SwedeMarine; 04-16-14 at 12:58 PM.
SwedeMarine is offline  
post #4985 of 6057 (permalink) Old 04-16-14, 04:21 PM
nice boy, daft though !
 
bitsandkits's Avatar
bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10,212
Reputation: 58
Default

whats with people who contact me asking if i have something in stock and then when i say yes they dont have any money????? and then want me to save it for them till the end of the month? its the 16th FFS



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
bitsandkits is offline  
post #4986 of 6057 (permalink) Old 04-16-14, 05:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Alsojames's Avatar
Alsojames's Flag is: Canada
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere, doing something
Posts: 2,386
Reputation: 6
Default

I'm finally at the home stretch for this stupid ass interview assignment, but I know for a fact my teacher is going to give me a shit grade on it. He always does. He finds some tiny stupid thing to pick at and takes a load of marks off.

Take the very first assignment I did for him this semester. I lost an entire THIRD of my grade because it wasn't LABELLED. Not the case, mind you, the case the CD was in was labelled perfectly. It was the CD ITSELF. THE PHYSICAL CD DID NOT HAVE A LABEL ON IT, SO I LOST 5/15 MARKS.

If I had those marks, I would've got a pretty good mark on it. But I actually FAILED that assignment because THE PHYSICAL CD DISK WAS NOT LABELLED.

Necrons W3 T0 L1

Death Korps W1 T0 L1

Dark Elves W0 T0 L0
Alsojames is offline  
post #4987 of 6057 (permalink) Old 04-16-14, 05:42 PM
Irn Bru 32!
 
Nacho libre's Avatar
Nacho libre's Flag is: Scotland
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,436
Reputation: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
whats with people who contact me asking if i have something in stock and then when i say yes they dont have any money????? and then want me to save it for them till the end of the month? its the 16th FFS
Utter tits the lot of them.
Nacho libre is offline  
post #4988 of 6057 (permalink) Old 04-16-14, 06:03 PM
Senior Moderator
 
darkreever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Jersey, little ways out of NYC
Posts: 6,992
Reputation: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alsojames View Post
If I had those marks, I would've got a pretty good mark on it. But I actually FAILED that assignment because THE PHYSICAL CD DISK WAS NOT LABELLED.
Honestly, if you think your professor is being too harsh with how he grades assignments then it might be a good idea to speak with him. Failing that, explain the situation with your adviser; they might not be able to give you an instant solution, but you never know what information they might be able to provide.


I've had a few of those professors when I was in college, both as one of their students and later as an assistant to one. If you say nothing, then nothing will change and your likely screwed. When I was the assistant for one professor, he was so incompetent that I ended up doing a better job teaching then he did (it was a first year course where you were taught a dozen testing methods including things like fatigue, tensile, and metallography for determining material properties.)


Seriously, that guy would spend ninety minutes of a two hour class teaching them absolutely nothing and then expecting them to perform the test for that week with the remaining time, or schedule additional time to finish their respective labs. How many year one, and this is a course taught in the fall so your as fresh as could be, students can learn the procedure of something that should be taught over the course of two or three hours in less than thirty minutes?

By the end of that term, four of five students were either failing the course or had already dropped it with a grand total of one student getting a B. (Not for lack of them knowing what they were doing, we did a good job their, but this guy either gave assignments that had no bearing on what they were learning, quizzes I wouldn't expect you to know until your third year, or having such terrible grading structure on labs that it was impossible to do good.)


And I guess we can also consider that a vent, about three years late, from me as well.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.


Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
darkreever is offline  
post #4989 of 6057 (permalink) Old 04-16-14, 07:15 PM
Critique for da CriticGod
 
Kreuger's Avatar
Kreuger's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA USA
Posts: 3,350
Reputation: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alsojames View Post
If I had those marks, I would've got a pretty good mark on it. But I actually FAILED that assignment because THE PHYSICAL CD DISK WAS NOT LABELLED.
Sounds like a douche of a professor.

There area two things to think about here. You could talk to the professor, but it sounds like he is either an ass or dislikes you for some reason. I had a situation in my undergrad where I did work that was clearly had and shoulders above everyone else in the room and was constantly marked down because the professor didn't like me. And it was entirely mutual. He was a wishy washy pretentious jackass.

Anyway, on those projects where you feel you have been marked down unreasonably, are the things he is busting you on part of his grading rubric or grading criteria? If they aren't, and he is using it to bust you down you may have grounds to file an academic grievance. Most universities have a process for disputing grades and filling grievances.

It won't endear you to him, but if he isn't grading according to his own rules, or if there are no rules you may have solid grounds to dispute the grades.

Honestly, if your work is good it might be worth investigating. If your work is shoddy to begin with then you'll look like an ass when he has to regrade you, and gives you the same grade for poor work, not just poor labeling.

Grading is really designed to provide holistic feedback to students as a way to communicate how well you demonstrated your learning. But if labeling isn't part of the grade then he should back off.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
Kreuger is offline  
post #4990 of 6057 (permalink) Old 04-16-14, 11:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Alsojames's Avatar
Alsojames's Flag is: Canada
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere, doing something
Posts: 2,386
Reputation: 6
Default

It's a bit late now, but I know him. He'll just say something like "well if it's not labelled properly, I can't send it back to you!" Even though he knew it was mine -_-

He's stubborn as fuck. Arguing with him is just about pointless.

Arrrrrrgh, it's so annoying.



ALSO. My sister can't freaking sing. I'm so SICK of listening to her walk around the house singing EVERYTHING SHE HEARS. I just want to shove her against the wall and tell her YOU CAN'T SING, but that'd make her scream and cry and I'd get bitched at.

Necrons W3 T0 L1

Death Korps W1 T0 L1

Dark Elves W0 T0 L0

Last edited by Alsojames; 04-16-14 at 11:55 PM.
Alsojames is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome