Pointless VENTING - Page 489 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #4881 of 6057 (permalink) Old 01-30-14, 07:46 PM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
I'd be refusing to pay the 8 pound fee frankly, did they ask your permission to pay it on your behalf and then charge you a fee? If not you might have a case for taking it to your nation's equivalent of a Consumer Complaint Bureau or something like that.

As for couriers yeah I'm not surprised you are having issues with them. From my experiance in the last 6 years if you have anything more than 2 steps to your house the lazy fuck can't be bothered to come to the door so will claim you weren't at home and leave a note in your letter box. Because I'm a contractor and as such I'm at home quite a bit I have made many very angry phone calls to Courier Companies saying "I've got a card from your courier saying I wasn't at home. I've been at home all day and my room is right by the front door so I would have heard him knock. Your courier is a fucking liar. I will be at home all day. Send him back and tell him to walk up the fucking stairs and do his god dam job." They tend not to like those phone calls.

You should meet the jackass USPS currier that delivers my mail thursday - saturday. He has:

Thrown my BFA from university in a puddle when it was delivered(clearly labeled)

Delivered my packages to the entirely wrong address on the other side of town

Left my $300 Wacom drawing tablet on my front steps in snow, when we don't use that door an he knows it.

JAMMED a custom stratocaster pickguard in the mailbox despite it not fitting, damaging both the box and the item
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4882 of 6057 (permalink) Old 01-30-14, 08:06 PM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Sounds like an A grade cunt frankly. After it became clear he was doing this I'd have installed a cheap shitty security camera so it would catch him doing it then send the company a copy of the fotage with a note saying "Do you want to cover the damages and discipline or fire him or shall I get a Consumer Watchdog Organisation involved".

But then again I'm a vindictive mother fucker when it comes to shit like this. About a month ago I had a truck driver suspended for a few days because he was driving like a druggie on a 3 day bender. I saw it, rang up the company and gave them merry hell for a few days till they did something. Sick of fucktarts who drive vehicles for a job being the laziest and most dangerous drivers on the road.
post #4883 of 6057 (permalink) Old 01-30-14, 11:41 PM

He's done a few other things pretty similar to what you described (saying no one was home when I was and the doorbell was never rang). just laziness. But I have called companies when their drivers have been driving like assholes! I drive for my job and despite my car not being marked by the company I work for, I don't drive like an asshole as not to piss anyone off and having it get back to my boss. So good on you for calling the douche's employer, I'd have done the same thing, and on two occasions, have as well!
post #4884 of 6057 (permalink) Old 01-31-14, 12:33 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

At the end of the day although I am being a prick doing it I'm not doing simply to be a prick. Enough people die on the roads through legitimate accidents without people being lazy to add to it.
post #4885 of 6057 (permalink) Old 01-31-14, 02:49 AM

Precicely, absolutely no one should be driving that way. Most of those vehicles are huge and more dangerous anyway
post #4886 of 6057 (permalink) Old 01-31-14, 02:59 AM

SwedeMarine's Flag is: Sweden

Just leaned in to kiss the old lady goodnight. Ended up with a fucking nosebleed. Now ive got a fucking nose bleed.

Check out my Sentinels of Terra/ CSM Plog
Sentinels of Terra/Rot Bringers CSM PLOG
W:9 D:2 L:5

post #4887 of 6057 (permalink) Old 01-31-14, 03:28 AM

Shas'Ui's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeMarine View Post
Just leaned in to kiss the old lady goodnight. Ended up with a fucking nosebleed. Now ive got a fucking nose bleed.

It's the clot that counts.

01000110011011110111001000100000011101000110100001 10010100100000011001110111001001100101011000010111 01000110010101110010001000000110011101101111011011 110110010000100001
post #4888 of 6057 (permalink) Old 01-31-14, 07:23 AM

When I lived with my parents, I actually watched the postman walk down the drive, push a card through the letterbox and walk away. He didn't ring the bell, knock or anything.
He didn't like it when he walked past the front window I was watching him from and I said
"Would you like to try that again?"

As to Parecelforce. I made them deliver my parcel yesterday. I wasn't in. So they've spent money picking my parcel, planning the route it needed to take, sending a van over from coventry (70miles - hopefully, they didn't have much else to deliver over this way) attempting to deliver it and then thankfully, they've left it at a post office 3 miles away.
So I've got out of paying £12 for it to be delivered when I'm in as I can pick it up on saturday and also hopefully, the logistics involved will have cost them more money than they made.
post #4889 of 6057 (permalink) Old 01-31-14, 09:17 AM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gret79 View Post
As to Parecelforce. I made them deliver my parcel yesterday. I wasn't in. So they've spent money picking my parcel, planning the route it needed to take, sending a van over from coventry (70miles - hopefully, they didn't have much else to deliver over this way) attempting to deliver it and then thankfully, they've left it at a post office 3 miles away.
So I've got out of paying £12 for it to be delivered when I'm in as I can pick it up on saturday and also hopefully, the logistics involved will have cost them more money than they made.
Good stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #4890 of 6057 (permalink) Old 02-05-14, 11:30 AM

Today is not good. I feel like Gandalf. I ate a sandwich yesterday and it's turned my bowels into mordor. Full of brimstone and fire, with one guy desperately defending the one ring and shouting "You shall not pass!"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode