Pointless VENTING - Page 478 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #4771 of 6057 (permalink) Old 11-17-13, 02:15 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
Anyway in the past 3 days I have managed to either drill through the tip of, rip the nail out of, cut, scrap, smash or other wise hurt 4 of the 6 digits on my hands. This makes painting difficult.
Been working hard to have only a single five finger set there?

My vent is actually over the course of all last week, so I will be going day by day for it.

Start on last Saturday:

Sunday: I don't think anything of note actually happened, so thats off the hook.

Monday:

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

...Thursday:

Friday:

I swear if I come in on Monday and its looking like more of the same then I am about-facing.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4772 of 6057 (permalink) Old 11-17-13, 02:46 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

That sounds a shit week mate, having fucking two bit useless lazy co-workers is a nightmare, I've experienced it several times on various gigs and the final nail in the coffin is that somehow you always seem to cop at least some of the blame for mouth breath retards because you didn't somehow "fix" the problem.

"I'm sorry I didn't realise it was in my job description to do his job as well?"
"There is no "I" in team"
"No there's not and unfortunately there is no cure for being cunt so it looks like both of you are always going to be like this"
post #4773 of 6057 (permalink) Old 11-17-13, 02:53 AM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'Ui View Post
My sister strikes again...She wanted to watch my set of Firefly dvds. she comes back halfway through the 1st episode and said "this show is dumb"

Table flipping galore..... then yelling, then kicking said person into the basement and keeping them locked down there until they've seen the error of their ways.

Prepping for an airsoft milsim event december 7th...... fucking expensive getting all the gear ready. But holy shit will it be fun

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.

Last edited by DeathJester921; 11-17-13 at 02:57 AM.
post #4774 of 6057 (permalink) Old 11-18-13, 03:47 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

So in addition to my mashed up fingers I bit the inside of lip on Friday (after some cunt in a campervan tried to drive me off the road) and now there are two ulcers where I bit it. It hurts to even swallow as it rubs.
post #4775 of 6057 (permalink) Old 11-19-13, 10:37 AM

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

Realizing that a possible great opportunity for a good paying job was skipped over me for some lazy aSS-hat. In addition this guy gets fired two days later and I recieve a call from the company for a "return-interview?" Fat chance I says, go to hell I told the Account Manager even as I saw the $8.00 dollars in difference between my current paycheck and what I would be getting paid. Even though I do not regret my choice I am venting because I'm tired of working for measy $13.00 an hour (with a Dual Bachelors and 5 years Mil Service), while shitty, GED assholes get good paying jobs and do nothing to earn them.

RRRAAARRRR!!!! Why

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"
post #4776 of 6057 (permalink) Old 11-19-13, 02:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by emporershand89 View Post
Realizing that a possible great opportunity for a good paying job was skipped over me for some lazy aSS-hat. In addition this guy gets fired two days later and I recieve a call from the company for a "return-interview?" Fat chance I says, go to hell I told the Account Manager even as I saw the $8.00 dollars in difference between my current paycheck and what I would be getting paid.
So it was a great opportunity before you got skipped over, but after that and they got screwed by the guy they chose it was no longer good and you shot it down completely? Not only that but you insulted the person asking you to do another interview?

You claim your tired of getting aid shite but turn down an opportunity for some form of advancment; sounds like this is exactly where you want to be.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #4777 of 6057 (permalink) Old 11-19-13, 10:26 PM

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
You claim your tired of getting aid shite but turn down an opportunity for some form of advancment; sounds like this is exactly where you want to be.
That is a fair view of the problem Darkreever; and to an extent I realize this. However for me they knew the difference; it was clearly shown when I arrived in fashionable Suit/Tie and this guy was wearing a T-shit and Khacki's.

The point here is that I'm a Pofessional, and the diference between people like your Co-Worke and yourself Darkreever is you give a damn about you job; and you do it to the best of your ability while he does not(and it shows). The same sense can be applied here between me and the other gentlemen. Additionally I pefer to work fo companies that use me for more than "Theatrical Security;" a term some of you might know all to well. This company I was applying to was one such company.

My vent was more that all those years of preparation in HS, College, and the Military don't seem to count when HS drop outs with GED's are getting higher paying jobs. Just seems to me the hadworking people in this country are getting screwed.

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"
post #4778 of 6057 (permalink) Old 11-23-13, 11:50 PM

Alsojames's Flag is: Canada

So basically I'm going to fail a crucial course in my college program because everything that could have possibly gone wrong with the major assignment did go wrong.

First assignment, worth 25%. Had to make a video. Video came out too long for one DvD. I had to split it into 3 DVDs. Get the assignment back and it turns out an entire fucking THIRD of the video was copied twice, so an entire third of my project was completely missing. 8.5/25.

Second assignment, worth 25%. Working with a partner. Trying to figure out a good place to film, as well as dealing with our school' bullshit-as-fuck 48-hours-in-advance camera booking policy, we decide to do our filming on the wednesday the following week. The musician we're supposed to film e-mails us and tells his his version of the assignment is due on TUESDAY, so we have to rush our asses with our crappy point and shoots and film last second.

Then my partner's footage says FUCK YOU and refuses to go into Premier Pro. The only programs available on the internet to convert his camera's footage into an appropriate format either cost a ridiculous amount of money or slap an ugly ass watermark on my video. 13/25.

First test. Filled with vague as fuck questions 70% of the class agrees are vague. Also, is a theory test in a practical class. Teacher disregards complaints of 70% because 30% got lucky and guessed the right answers. 5/10.

As it stands I have to miss zero classes (which really isn't a problem for me), get 80% on my next assignment AND get a 70 on my next test JUST TO PASS THE COURSE. Knowing this teacher, that's not going to fucking happen.

Necrons W3 T0 L1

Death Korps W1 T0 L1

Dark Elves W0 T0 L0
post #4779 of 6057 (permalink) Old 11-24-13, 01:29 AM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Good luck there @Alsojames , or 'break a leg' whichever is more appropriate.

Where are you in school? (This sounds a lot like intro video production at my alma mater, which is to say 'annoying.') If you have to do more editing, you might also consider a NLE program from the UK called Lightworks.

It's free. There is an enhanced version for 60$ (might be $30 fir students.) I used it to cut a video production project for grad school this summer and I was really impressed. The interface isn't intuitive but the content has some good tutorials on YouTube. It was enough for me to learn the program and finish the project on time.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #4780 of 6057 (permalink) Old 11-24-13, 05:02 AM
Feed

Lost one of my closest friends to a cult that passes as a religion just because it includes Jesus. He severed all contact between us. Would rather do God's will than spend time with the friends he's made the last few years with us.

Nonsense is our Salvation

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode