Pointless VENTING - Page 426 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #4251 of 6057 (permalink) Old 08-25-12, 10:14 PM

Unforgiven302's Flag is: USA

My ex boss is a clown. I asked him for a FAVOR in removing a storm damaged tree in my front yard. I called him and asked if he could help me remove it, AS A FAVOR. He said he would but he didn't have anyone to help drive one of the two trucks needed to do the job in one day. I offered to drive up to the shop, load up the equipment, drive one of the trucks back down to my home, assist in removing the tree, running the chipper, clean up the mess, reload the equipment, drive the truck back up to the shop, unload and put away equipment and then drive back home. All said and done I drove a total of over 4 hours back and forth, worked for over an hour removing the tree and running the equipment, another 2 hours loading and unloading the equipment and the clown has the balls to send me a bill for $650 in the mail?!?! It was a FAVOR! I was never under any assumption either written, spoken or by any other means aware that I was going to be billed for this. Where was the estimate? When did I agree to that price let alone being charged? Why am I not being paid for my labor and services that I rendered? If I had known he was going to charge me $650 for removing one tree that I helped with I would have not even lifted a god damned finger to help or go out of my way. I would have sat back and watched him work all alone in the 90 degree heat and humidity while I sipped on a glass of home brewed sweet tea looking out the window from the comfort of my air conditioned home. I also would have called other companies for estimates as I know that what he is asking is way over priced. I know for a fact that one tree company would have only charged me around $200. As an example, I had another tree in my back yard get damaged by a different storm and was next to one of my sheds. He came out and gave me an estimate of over $3,500 to remove that ONE tree! $3,500+! The other company estimated it at only $550. A $3,000 difference to remove the same damn tree?!?! Yeah, I think he is smoking some seriously nasty shit. What a clown...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4252 of 6057 (permalink) Old 08-26-12, 03:28 AM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Great. Had a scheduling fuck up at work apparently. Got two closing shifts tomorrow and Monday. School starts on Monday. United closes at 11 p.m. Gotta get up early for cross country practice. Don't know when the coach is going to text us the time, but its likely going to be at 6 a.m. at least. For me to get back into normal sleep patterns so I can wake up on time, I need at least 7-8 hours of sleep. I'm not lumping all of the blame for this on them. Its partly on me too. It just sucks...

Also getting one, possibly two (as i'm not quite sure on the right big toe), ingrown toe nails removed this Thursday. The one on my left big toe, and possibly the one on my right big toe. Oh well, wont have to work for the next few days, but will not get back into my normal running pattern for maybe a week, perhaps more. My sports year isn't getting off to a good start. Not at all...

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #4253 of 6057 (permalink) Old 08-27-12, 11:26 PM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Son spilt his drink on my desk. Not the end of the world, but now the spacebar on my hard as nails cherry keyboard has bitten the dust

I've spilt wine and an entire kebab on it, never thought it would end like this....

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #4254 of 6057 (permalink) Old 08-29-12, 02:00 PM

homework...
post #4255 of 6057 (permalink) Old 08-29-12, 02:31 PM

TyphoidLmJ's Flag is: USA

The people that work for me bent me over last night. I mean collosall fuckups of epic proportions. Why should I pay someone to do something 3 times before they get it right, when I could fire their lazy ass and do it myself right the first time. I dont mind inexperience, or remedial skills from a lack of natural talent, but I fucking despise willful stupidity. Guess what? I can do your job! Close your jaw mouth breather and do what I tell you to do, because you are all, obviously incabable of independent thought.

You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with till you understand who's in rutting command here! -Jayne
post #4256 of 6057 (permalink) Old 08-29-12, 05:26 PM

Warlord_Winters's Flag is: USA

Crunchy Peanut Butter, i mean REALLY?!?!?! why the hell would i want solid peanuts on a sandwich, its called peanut BUTTER not peanut ass crap!!!
post #4257 of 6057 (permalink) Old 08-31-12, 07:15 PM

Warlord_Winters's Flag is: USA

also, what gives people who are sick the right to act like complete and utter ass wipes? seriously they have a cold so they belittle you and give you the dirtiest looks when you ask them any question and make you feel like an idiot for asking what what kinda soup they wanted for dinner
post #4258 of 6057 (permalink) Old 08-31-12, 09:42 PM

TyphoidLmJ's Flag is: USA

The majority of people would be much improved by getting their faces fucked.

You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with till you understand who's in rutting command here! -Jayne
post #4259 of 6057 (permalink) Old 09-02-12, 01:30 AM

VixusKragov's Flag is: USA

A $75 rulebook? What the hell, GW? All I'm trying to do is get started here and you're already killing me.

post #4260 of 6057 (permalink) Old 09-07-12, 06:51 PM

Alsojames's Flag is: Canada

Boy, I know some weird people.

This girl I know as a friend of a friend started flirting with me over facebook. She said I was really cute and sexy and she'd like to date me and blah blah blah. So we talked a bit and she was a nice girl too.

And then the boyfriend I didn't know she had started talking. He got pissed at her and borke up with her because she was flirting with me. She got pissed at me. I didn't know what was going on. Her boyfriend starting threatening me and calling me names (mostly fag), and so on and so on.

So what does this girl do?

"ILY Nate! My savior!"

Needless to say, I no longer have any plans to have any contact with her.

Necrons W3 T0 L1

Death Korps W1 T0 L1

Dark Elves W0 T0 L0

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode