Pointless VENTING - Page 408 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #4071 of 6057 (permalink) Old 07-10-12, 01:58 AM

Warlord_Winters's Flag is: USA

no one ever replays to my messages, i would send an IM to friends on facebook, or an email or a text, but they don't ever reply i feel like im talking to the fucking wall, I seriously dont get it, i dont do anything wrong
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4072 of 6057 (permalink) Old 07-10-12, 04:49 AM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord_Winters View Post
no one ever replays to my messages, i would send an IM to friends on facebook, or an email or a text, but they don't ever reply i feel like im talking to the fucking wall, I seriously dont get it, i dont do anything wrong
That happens to me occasionally. That or with texts, I get the dammed one or two word replies. I'm trying to talk to you dude. Why not make the same damn effort!? God, I hate it when my friends do that...

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #4073 of 6057 (permalink) Old 07-10-12, 06:21 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

I have a sickening feeling that GRRM's A Song of Ice and Fire is never going to contract in and move to a coherent and meaningful conclusion and that the Mountain that Writes is going to realize that he is running out of time to get this shit together a little too late, and we will end up with a 6th book figuratively (and perhaps literally) littered with the bodies of hundreds of characters and perhaps a SHIT LOAD of POV characters. That, or he is going to have a heart attack and go iceberg on us.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.
post #4074 of 6057 (permalink) Old 07-10-12, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathJester921 View Post
That happens to me occasionally. That or with texts, I get the dammed one or two word replies. I'm trying to talk to you dude. Why not make the same damn effort!? God, I hate it when my friends do that...
At least you get words. 90% of the text messages I get are fucking Please Call Me messages. Cheap bastards think I have unlimited money to spend on calls but they can't be bothered to do the same. And then they want to fucking talk and talk and talk. But when they phone you then it has to be quick.

The human appendix. Proof of a higher power. A divine kill switch so to speak.

No one really likes a smartass, but people tend to like a dumbass even less.
post #4075 of 6057 (permalink) Old 07-10-12, 07:35 AM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy Bits View Post
At least you get words. 90% of the text messages I get are fucking Please Call Me messages. Cheap bastards think I have unlimited money to spend on calls but they can't be bothered to do the same. And then they want to fucking talk and talk and talk. But when they phone you then it has to be quick.
Don't forget the one letter replies, if you've ever gotten them. Such as you asking him/her to do something and all they text back is "K". My friend since 4th grade does that a lot. It always pisses me off.

Can't say i've ever gotten the Please Call Me messages, though. From the sound of it, I should consider myself lucky.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #4076 of 6057 (permalink) Old 07-10-12, 09:04 AM
Warlord of Vermin

TechPr1est's Flag is: Australia

yeah all i get back on facebook from a friend is

yeah
yeah
ok
yeah
okay
yeah

it pisses me off so i know how you feel

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bruva Alfabusa
"My first model had so many layers of paint, that an excavation team could probably find fossils in it".
post #4077 of 6057 (permalink) Old 07-10-12, 11:00 AM
Feed

Yeah ok.

Oh, also, got blamed for shit that wasn't my fault at work today. Ended up fixing it regardless, but still put me in a shit mood for most of the day.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #4078 of 6057 (permalink) Old 07-10-12, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Don't forget the one letter replies, if you've ever gotten them. Such as you asking him/her to do something and all they text back is "K". My friend since 4th grade does that a lot. It always pisses me off.
Nah, the only person who sends me 'Ok' replies is my mother, oddly enough. My friends, when they actually send a message, send complete ones. But then it's in that annoying-ass cellphone lingo where using vowels seem to be some kind of heresy.

Quote:
Can't say i've ever gotten the Please Call Me messages, though. From the sound of it, I should consider myself lucky.
Guess it's a local thing here in SA. You get a certain amount of Please Call Me messages a day that you're allowed to send to someone else. And it seems that everyone I know reserves them for me.

Some of my friends are so cheap that they use these themselves to try to send messages. Normally there's like 7 or 8 characters that you use to say who it is sending the messages (even though it shows your number) but these guys try and use those hand full of characters to type messages. And it actually works sometimes. Though not very often.

The human appendix. Proof of a higher power. A divine kill switch so to speak.

No one really likes a smartass, but people tend to like a dumbass even less.
post #4079 of 6057 (permalink) Old 07-10-12, 02:35 PM

Alsojames's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
Any major news site should be your first start, even some of the extreme ones if only to obtain idea's to make more credible searches.

This link here is the CBS website, specifically keyed to articles dealing with Iraq in the last year.

Facts that might be good to search for are:
-The daily cost of having armed forces in Iraq
-Largest disposition of armed forces sent from a particular country (for example, which states in the US are sending the largest number of recruits.)

After all, how many people do you know who can give you those answers at this time?
Thanks guys. Now we wait for a grade.

My vent: There's a bug with this forum. Whenever I quote something then post a response in the same post (you know, like we usually do), the text doesn't show up and I have to click edit and re-type whatever I was saying. DX

Necrons W3 T0 L1

Death Korps W1 T0 L1

Dark Elves W0 T0 L0
post #4080 of 6057 (permalink) Old 07-12-12, 06:01 PM

King Gary's Flag is: Wales

I'm a carer in a community based care home. The tenants we have there are categorized as having autism and challenging behaviour, and today one of them really proved it. The day started at 7 am, with him demanding to do some needle work (lol, I know it sounds ridiculous but it happens) but the policy in place means that we don't bow to demands out of normal routines, otherwise we'll end up having to do some sewing or listening to music at 3 am or whatever. Those demands lasted, ooh about 3 and a half hours, and these are demands from someone with autism and ADHD, so it's at a rate of asking once every 2 seconds. No reasoning, no bargaining, nothing will do except what he wants. I've tried feeling sorry for him, considering the shithole institutions that he resided in before he came to us, but today really was a bit much. The real bitch is, I'm going in tomorrow for a 24 hour shift. Not complaining, just venting!

My Complete DA collection

That's me breathing fire in my avatar, my aim was a bit off to start but i got all those orks in the end!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode