Pointless VENTING - Page 378 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #3771 of 6057 (permalink) Old 04-22-12, 11:44 PM
Warlord of Vermin

TechPr1est's Flag is: Australia

I am so fucking sick to death of terminators av 2+ and in 5+

i show up to a kill team tourney to find 7 different fucking players with terminators i lost every one

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bruva Alfabusa
"My first model had so many layers of paint, that an excavation team could probably find fossils in it".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3772 of 6057 (permalink) Old 04-22-12, 11:46 PM

FallenSwordGaming's Flag is: Australia

I am so sick of there being no Dwarves in 40k

Dwarves: They are strong, short warriors that drink, mine, build, mine, drink, shoot, drink and make the best weapons around.... and drink....
But, hey! I bet you don't get a Steel Blimp!
post #3773 of 6057 (permalink) Old 04-23-12, 12:07 AM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPr1est View Post
I am so fucking sick to death of terminators av 2+ and in 5+

i show up to a kill team tourney to find 7 different fucking players with terminators i lost every one
That's your problem, it's inherently unbalanced. Maybe if you based it more on its predecessor, 40k in 40 minutes, in which 2+ saves were banned...
post #3774 of 6057 (permalink) Old 04-23-12, 12:24 AM

Grokfog's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnstar View Post
Without seeing what code you've got, I'd say a good place to try is somewhere in the code before the game loads, as a global variable or something. I've used Game Maker before but I'm not all too familiar with it as it was a few years ago

Have you tried using a create event to set the fire speed? Or it might be possible to write a script that sets the variable that controls the fire speed to 2, then execute/run the script in the object that's firing
Yeah, the problem is that the instructions are kinda unclear. It says (I'm paraphrasing because I can't be bothered to go downstairs to get the book) "Set a variable to check if can_shoot is greater than 1, in a manner similar to what you've done before". The main problem being, once I've set the variable the way I think it should be, I run the game, test the space bar to fire, and it pops up saying that the variable can_shoot is not recognised. I've made a mistake somewhere, but when my only guide is "Here is a screenshot, yours should look like this" without explaining it, I'm kinda lost and frustrated.
post #3775 of 6057 (permalink) Old 04-23-12, 01:24 AM

Dawnstar's Flag is: New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grokfog View Post
but when my only guide is "Here is a screenshot, yours should look like this" without explaining it, I'm kinda lost and frustrated.
Man I hate it when teachers do this. I mean, a screenshot or two is a good way to add to the instructions, but they don't replace them.

It's most likely gonna be something stupidly simple, it always is in my experience I say take a bit of a break from it and come back to it in a day or two, does wonders sometimes.

Anyway, my vent as of late:

I find a girl who likes me, and luck is on my side cause we have a lot in common and a few similar interests, plus I like her as well. We decide to start dating, and lo and behold a few months later I manage to screw up and she dumped me.

Welp, back to single life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
Mate, bacon can do anything.
post #3776 of 6057 (permalink) Old 04-23-12, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnstar View Post
Man I hate it when teachers do this. I mean, a screenshot or two is a good way to add to the instructions, but they don't replace them.

It's most likely gonna be something stupidly simple, it always is in my experience I say take a bit of a break from it and come back to it in a day or two, does wonders sometimes.

Anyway, my vent as of late:

I find a girl who likes me, and luck is on my side cause we have a lot in common and a few similar interests, plus I like her as well. We decide to start dating, and lo and behold a few months later I manage to screw up and she dumped me.

Welp, back to single life...
Yeah, I figured I'd do that anyway. I'm at work tomorrow, so I'll have no choice but to leave it.

As for your vent, it depends entirely on how you screwed as as to how you should proceed.
post #3777 of 6057 (permalink) Old 04-23-12, 01:51 AM

Well, I may have said a few negative things because she practically ignored me for the better part of a month

Quote:
post #3778 of 6057 (permalink) Old 04-23-12, 02:03 AM

Then thats her being a twat and you're better off. Women like that fucking irritate me.
post #3779 of 6057 (permalink) Old 04-23-12, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grokfog View Post
Then thats her being a twat and you're better off. Women like that fucking irritate me.
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so, on both counts

Quote:
post #3780 of 6057 (permalink) Old 04-23-12, 02:44 AM

arizonajirt's Flag is: Germany

#1: several of the guys I work with play 40K. after I started playing 40K, my boss noticed that I started to spend time with the guy that worked the day shift on the same days( I do so we could play some games and he was helping me learn the game). well my boss decides that he needed to switch my work schedule so I work completely opposite of my friend now so I only saw him at shift change on the days he relieved me from night shift. that was a year ago and I have only seen my friend about 5 times since.

#2: Im a federal police officer who happens to work for the military. all of my patrolmen are soldiers. I have over 10 years of federal service having been in the marine corps and a cop, so I know a bit about my job. Well my patrols, who have the average age of 21 years old, feel that because I am not in the army, I have no clue what my job is and we are constently in the BS of "you are a civilian and you can't tell me what to do." many times I just want to revert back to my marine corps days and slap the shit out of them. I was doing this job before most of them hit puberty.

#3: The IRS. creating new tax laws and back dating them 2 years and requesting you pay an income tax on a vehicle you sold as a loss.

#4: Marders (european Martens) which chew on your spark plug wires rending your car useless.

#5: people who make fun of your car because it is not the biggest and fastest out there. So damn what if I own a Kia, I paid cash for it and it gets great gas milage. screw off.

#6: people who have to pass you while driving in a blind turn and up hill. why is it that they have a death wish and want to take you out with them. and while on that, if the speed limit is 100 KMH, then drive 100 KHM, its the old people that want to drive 60-70KMH no matter what the speed limit is and traffic builds up behind them so no one can pass them. Also the damn farm tractors driving down the main roadsways. I know they have to get to their farmland, but dear god, why do they have to do it during the busiest times for commuting?

#7: the fact the closest Games Workshop to me is 2 hours away and to order anything from Games Workshop takes 6-8 weeks for me to get it, but if I place an order on ebay for the same product (and at 30-50% off as well) i can recieve it in 2 weeks.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode