Pointless VENTING - Page 358 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #3571 of 6057 (permalink) Old 01-31-12, 09:12 PM

SGMAlice's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOBO View Post
I've not played a single game on-line, never ever, and too old to start now I think
Your never to old XD
To enjoy twelve year olds screaming obscenities down a mic. (which is why i dont use VoIP in games)

For the most part its a good experience, UT2k4 especially as its been around long enough to weed out the idiots. Few to none, spoil games.

SGMAlice

PC/Laptop Problems? Post Here: Heresy Online's PC Hardware Help Thread
WIP Custom Chapter Fluff: The Children Of The Dragon
WIP Bio-Mechanical Tyranids: Hive Fleet Giger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3572 of 6057 (permalink) Old 02-01-12, 01:44 PM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

FUCKING RETARTED TEATCHERS who outright refuse to help me improve on the subjects they teatch simply becauze "they almost never saw me in their lessons" well fuck you with a black man's dick the fact that you dont see me doesn't mean I aint there.
spend less time on shouting out people that don't pay attention and more on helping those that actualy want it!
post #3573 of 6057 (permalink) Old 02-01-12, 08:30 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

I'm most likely going to fail my pre-cal class because the teacher only takes grades on tests. Most of which I fail. Meaning I fail the god damn class. With the only four tests weve taken in the class, my grade is shit because i've failed them all. I can understand what shes teaching, but i'm not a good test taker in that class. The grade itself is probably sitting at less than a 40 right now. Theres no way I can bring it up to at least a 70 before next week ends.... i'm so fucking grounded when that report card comes in...

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #3574 of 6057 (permalink) Old 02-02-12, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathJester921 View Post
because the teacher only takes grades on tests.
Isn't this just a normal class? That's the whole purpose of tests.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
post #3575 of 6057 (permalink) Old 02-02-12, 11:25 AM

Alsojames's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
I'm most likely going to fail my pre-cal class because the teacher only takes grades on tests. Most of which I fail. Meaning I fail the god damn class. With the only four tests weve taken in the class, my grade is shit because i've failed them all. I can understand what shes teaching, but i'm not a good test taker in that class. The grade itself is probably sitting at less than a 40 right now. Theres no way I can bring it up to at least a 70 before next week ends.... i'm so fucking grounded when that report card comes in...

Are you me? Because that's exactly my problem in every math class I've ever had in the history of forever. Ever.

Are the practise questions (i.e., the ones you get after a lesson) about 5x easier than the ones you get on a test? Because if so, you're my new math-hating buddy

Speaking of math, exam review day is today, and I'm dreading my exam mark. I need a 50 on the exam to pass, and, knowing me and my teacher, I'm probly either going to barely pass it, or barely miss 50.

This whole shit goes back to my grade 9 math teacher, who was a complete asshole. He gave a lesson on an entire section that was about as long as it would take you to read and understand the entirety of my post at an average reading speed. Then, he'd give us 2 worksheets, which were to be completed with 3-5 minutes' worth of knowledge then handed it. Then we had to do a quiz. EVER FUCKING DAY.

Even worse was my parents wouldn't let me switch classes. I told them I knew this teacher (he had a reputation for being an asshole) and I told them to let me switch classes, but BOTH OF THEM said that I couldn't just walk away or I needed to just work harder and blaw blaw blaw.

5-7 people out of 30 failed that class, and a majority of the others got 50-60%. It's ridiculous. I'm surprised the bastard hasn't been fired yet.

Necrons W3 T0 L1

Death Korps W1 T0 L1

Dark Elves W0 T0 L0
post #3576 of 6057 (permalink) Old 02-02-12, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramoro View Post

Yeah, but often the test questions are much tougher than the practise questions that we get used to.

Quote:
Practise:
2x4 = ?

Test:
Johnny wants to make some money to buy candy. His mother says he will get an additional .50 dollars for every chore he does for the week. If he does four chores every week for four weeks, how much money will he have?

This is pretty much what we deal with, though on a much tougher level. We could finish the the original question (which is the example test question but drawn out and stupid) in the time it takes us to finish READING and UNDERSTANDING the test question. Thing is, if our teachers marked the practise questions they gave us on a regular basis, most people would get higher marks.

Necrons W3 T0 L1

Death Korps W1 T0 L1

Dark Elves W0 T0 L0
post #3577 of 6057 (permalink) Old 02-02-12, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alsojames View Post
UNDERSTANDING the test question.
That's the point of the test, to weed out the people who do not understand the question and can't workout what formula/principal/method to apply to the situation. I'm not trying to be mean, but just learn your shit. When you move onto a real job/career even just further education no one will be there to tell you what you're supposed to be doing or what formula to use.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
post #3578 of 6057 (permalink) Old 02-02-12, 12:19 PM

Quote:
That's the point of the test, to weed out the people who do not understand the question and can't workout what formula/principal/method to apply to the situation. I'm not trying to be mean, but just learn your shit. When you move onto a real job/career even just further education no one will be there to tell you what you're supposed to be doing or what formula to use.

I'm not saying that it's not the point, or that it doesn't make sense, I'm saying that it would make tests a lot easier if they gave us questions like it on the practise sheet, instead of just giving us the X multiplied by Y questions like they usually do.

Necrons W3 T0 L1

Death Korps W1 T0 L1

Dark Elves W0 T0 L0
post #3579 of 6057 (permalink) Old 02-03-12, 12:08 AM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Not here. Most teachers take grades on homework and class work, not just tests. But there always have to be a few who only take grades on tests. I'm lucky that I passed all three six weeks (First Semester) with more than a 70. I can't remember the exact grades, but I know they're between 70 and 73.

@Alsojames

Yeah, the practice questions are usually easier than the test questions. I'm thinking about switching to a different pre-cal class that is during the same period. I friend of mine who is in the same class as I am, told me that the other teacher actually tries to help you understand the problems during the lesson rather than just showing you the formulas, going through one or two problems, then giving you a bunch that werent gone over and are a lot more complicated than the ones you did go over. Sure, the point is to get practice, but its still damn annoying.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #3580 of 6057 (permalink) Old 02-03-12, 11:40 AM

Quote:
@Alsojames

Yeah, the practice questions are usually easier than the test questions. I'm thinking about switching to a different pre-cal class that is during the same period. I friend of mine who is in the same class as I am, told me that the other teacher actually tries to help you understand the problems during the lesson rather than just showing you the formulas, going through one or two problems, then giving you a bunch that werent gone over and are a lot more complicated than the ones you did go over. Sure, the point is to get practice, but its still damn annoying.

Yep. You've got the exact same problem I do. Seems I always end up with a teacher that isn't terribly good at teaching math, which sucks because I've never been good at math (too many Emperor-damned formulas to remember)

Necrons W3 T0 L1

Death Korps W1 T0 L1

Dark Elves W0 T0 L0

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode