Why is your religion the 'right' one? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 04:48 AM Thread Starter
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

Default Why is your religion the 'right' one?

I am curious, why is one religion more 'true' than another? Why does it have to be the only option and all others are wrong?

For myself personally they are all equally correct/ incorrect. My personal belief is that humans have created these deities. There has been documented instances of mass human reactions interacting with our environment on a higher level. I feel that this collective energy is what has created and fueled pretty much every religion out there. When my connection allows I will fig up the experiment/ article I am referencing and post it here. Phone connection is being wonky tonight.

So your thoughts? If you believe your faith is more correct or true than another why?

Edit: http://www.damninteresting.com/rando...ct-the-future/ link to what I was talking about.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

Last edited by scscofield; 06-03-13 at 04:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 06:44 AM

brianlynchmob's Flag is: Canada

Because they have to be in the right one. Otherwise they would be in the wrong one. So they start with the conclusion they are in the right one, and everyone else is in the wrong one.

you can see this often enough amongst christians, as some groups will call other groups "not true christians"

You'd think since most of the big 3 all say their god is the same god, they'd all want to follow the latest and greatest from their god. so they should all be Muslims, or Mormons.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 06:59 AM
Feed

Mine is correct. It does not require worship, doesn't demand money from its members and doesn't have any false incentives for its few moral guidelines. Many follow it without even realizing they do, again making it right because it requires no membership qualification.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 07:13 AM Thread Starter

Why does all of that make your choice any more valid than others Serp?

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 08:14 AM
Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
Why does all of that make your choice any more valid than others Serp?
If you want my opinion, it's right because I believe in it.

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

Better question, do you feel those that don't follow your beliefs are wrong/lesser/need to be converted. Or do you allow for their beliefs and leave them be? Is being less valid to you mean they need to change?

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 08:28 AM
Feed

Quote:
Better question, do you feel those that don't follow your beliefs are wrong/lesser/need to be converted. Or do you allow for their beliefs and leave them be? Is being less valid to you mean they need to change?
No to all. We don't require that all agree with us. Nor do we expect it. We do however mock them for it.

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 10:03 AM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Technically no religion is 'the right one'. All of todays mainstream religions evolved out of older, earlier Pagan religions. Hell, even the Christian/Jewish/Muslim God evolved out of the earlier Caananite god El. And yes, those are the same God as all three religions have a shared belief route.

But anyway.. point being... Before the mainstream religions there was the Egyptian belief system, and even earlier the Pagan worship of the 'mother nature figure'.

Really if any religion is 'the right one', it'll be one of the pagan ones as these existed for millennia before the mainstream ones of today.

But really the whole 'Its right because its what I believe' argument seems to be the only point people ever seem to use for arguing that there religion is 'the right one'. They don't use facts, or history, or any solid evidence of the truth of it... It all just boils down to belief and how that belief has been courrupted down the years by man to fit his purposes.

Take Islam... that says both suicide and murder make you a non-muslim and you will go to hell in the Qu'ran... yet, you still have members of it preaching Ji'had and becoming suicide bombers because its what they believe, even when its plainly written as fact that they are wrong.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 10:13 AM
Angryman

shaantitus's Flag is: Australia

Location: A wretched hive of scum and villany. Actually PNG. Goddamn this place is a shithole.

I don't have an issue with any religion. What you choose to believe as an anchor for your life's compass does not bother me in the slightest. I have an issue with religion when it starts to impinge on the quality of life of your fellow man. I was Christian, but lost interest many years ago. There are certain guidelines enshrined within the basis of that religion that are worthwhile. Anti killing, adultery, theft etc. All good. When the religion then becomes the basis for attacking other people of a different belief, that is where I get off. Honestly though, they all need to be happy with their own, not push it on those that don't want it, and understand that other people might believe differently. Christianity fucked up in the dark ages, the muslim religion is doing the same now, there are even piece loving bhuddists that are killing in Burma. Religion can be very helpful to people, but it can be really fucked up too.

Sanity is for the weak.
'Evil will triumph because good is dumb.' Dark Helmet,Spaceballs
According to LUKEVALENTINE's test i am a diciple of khorne. Figures really.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 11:33 AM

Alsojames's Flag is: Canada

I don't think there truly is an all-encompassing "right" religion, but as was mentioned before, the three main religions--Christian, Jewish and Islamic--all follow the same belief route, and I'm certain they're all worshipping the same God.

And to save us all some time:

Quote:
Why does all of that make your choice any more valid than others?
It doesn't. Its the right religion for me, and that's all that matters.

Quote:
Better question, do you feel those that don't follow your beliefs are wrong/lesser/need to be converted.
Hell no. See above.

Quote:
Or do you allow for their beliefs and leave them be?
As long as they don't hurt other people because of their beliefs, I don't really care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaantitus View Post
I have an issue with religion when it starts to impinge on the quality of life of your fellow man.
This

Necrons W3 T0 L1

Death Korps W1 T0 L1

Dark Elves W0 T0 L0

Last edited by Alsojames; 06-03-13 at 11:38 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode