reality - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-13, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

viking blood's Flag is: Canada

Default reality

Ok, so i just noticed the "off topic" part of the forum and figured that hey, i got nothing to lose. I havent painted, modeled or posted in quite a while. The reasons are many. I first started to paint and model as an outlet for depression. A way to help calm myself while i sort through my thoughts and tried to get my head together. As time went by, my head got more messed up. Deaths in my family added an extra spiral to the plunge, then money issues. That started marital problems. Next thing i know i am hospitalized for being suicidal. Really have no rhyme or reason to post this other than the fact that it seems easier telling strangers than anyone else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-13, 10:05 PM

Sangus Bane's Flag is: Netherlands

Telling strangers is easier friend.

A good friend of mine has gone through something like what you just described.
He's managed to settle down somewhere, surround himself with new friends and he's happy now. There's always a way back to the top, don't you forget that.

Do you still feel for the hobby itself?

Please have a look at my space marines.

Lord Bane says: "Keep your water bill low, drink more beer!"

My girlfriend said she didn't like Daft Punk. She's single now. Hahahahahaha lol, just kidding. She's dead...
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-13, 03:55 AM Thread Starter

Yes, i still have an honest love for the hobby. I only put down the brushes till i can get a handle on everything goin on in life right now. Thank you for the kind words man, it gives hope
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-13, 04:03 AM

Loki1416's Flag is: USA

Viking,

I was in your shoes man. Best thing that happened for me was going to therapy. I felt stupid talking about myself and discussing my feelings on EVERYTHING, but it worked for me. It's still an every day struggle (I have PTSD) but I am learning to cope and how to have a productive life. There are a ton of places that you can find someone to talk to (and your right, talking to strangers is easier) from hospitals, church, or straight to a therapists office. There are also toll free phone numbers you can call to talk to someone. Finding help is the easy part, taking the help is the hard part, but admitting that you DO need help is hardest of all. Being in the hospital and then saying what you said on here means that you've admitted it (or at the least acknowledged it). Your starting on the right path. Good luck to you. Don't be afraid to post your progress on here or even talk to us for help. There are a lot of people on here who have been where you are and can offer some valuable help.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-13, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Thanks loki, im starting therapy on june 4th. My dr switched my pills around and, just to try thinking outside of the box, im trying accupunture as well. It wont be easy, as you well know. But heres to trying.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-13, 01:31 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

I think I have suffered with mild depression but I'm one of those people that go to the doctor after a leg has fallen off and rarely before, my missus suffers really bad from time to time as well.

Good luck with therapy!, it works well for some and not for others but having outlets like modelling and other things can be really good, I find modelling is one of the best ways for me to de-stress.

It's good you are willing to try different things too!

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-13, 02:12 PM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

It almost seemed like I could have wrote that opening post. I also suffer from depression and like you some deaths in the family then money problems, divorce, and ending up in the hospital with cancer really had me in a dark hole. So I know how it is but it is good you are trying things to get out of it. It won't be easy but do try to come back to the hobby a little I have and it has helped. I haven't built or painted anything yet but being on the forums, reading some fluff, planning some projects it has helped me. Anyway the strangers on here are always here for you. We are a community and we help each other out.
CHeers

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-13, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Thank you everyone. I do plan on finishing off a project i started a while back

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode