Ouija Boards, Mediums and the "Unexplained" - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-14-13, 11:37 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

There is definitely a possibility that there are people who legitimately have powers that all these mediums and psychics around now pretend to have so that they can scam you of your money. However, I have yet to see proof of this.

Notable example of a fake. Know he news of those three girls found after they were missing for ten years? Over the course of the ten years, one of the mothers of the missing girls went to a psychic and the psychic told the mother that her daughter was dead. I believe this was the mother that died of health complications later on. Any who, this is just one example. There are many more

As for Ouija boards... never actually seen one myself but one of my classmates said his stepdad (before his stepdad marries his mom) had messed around with one. He said that they threw it in the garbage, and it ended up back on the table. He said that they tried to burn it, and it ended up back on the table with no burns. He said that they had to have it and the house blessed so they could get rid of the thing. Seeing as how I didn't see any of this myself, I remain skeptical, but hey, as a firm believer in ghosts and such (since I have had experiences with such beings) I didn't outright discount this story as fake.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-14-13, 11:43 PM

Calistrasza's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathJester921 View Post
He said that they threw it in the garbage, and it ended up back on the table. He said that they tried to burn it, and it ended up back on the table with no burns. He said that they had to have it and the house blessed so they could get rid of the thing.
I would do this to my Ouija board believing friends just to scare the dickens out of them.
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-14-13, 11:48 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Be sure to catch it on video and post it up here. I'd like to see that

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-15-13, 01:08 AM
The Curmudgeon

jonileth's Flag is: USA

There are more things in this universe than our senses can see, our minds can comprehend, and our imaginations can fathom. The likelihood of the vast majority of people in this world who claim to have the ability to see things others cannot is about nil. Just as people are programmed to see faces and hear voices that aren't there at times, we are also given to believe what we prefer to be true rather than what the evidence proves to be likely or possible. The trouble is, not everything can be explained away, not every 'psychic' can been written off as fake.

It is entirely likely that there are people who are more sensitive to things that we don't readily fathom. It isn't outside of the realm of possibilities to say that there is a very small percentage of people who do indeed see what the eyes can't normally and hear what others would never hear. Just look at Dark Matter and Dark Energy. People can't see it, hear it, touch it, and yet it has a profound impact on the world around us. Perhaps that is no less true of these 'mediums'. There may be just as many people sensitive to otherworldly things as there are those who are full of shit. The biggest problem we face is figuring out who among the group are the fakes, as no two people perceive even the natural world quiet the same...

post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-15-13, 01:22 AM

normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England

"I'm psychic, I can see auras!"

"No, you're a fucktard and you have glaucoma!"

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-15-13, 03:36 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtheunsavoury View Post
"I'm psychic, I can see auras!"

"No, you're a fucktard and you have glaucoma!"
Oh norm you make me giggle so.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-15-13, 07:15 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

I believe in them fully, having had numerous experiences with both ouija boards and with genuine psychics. With a ouija board, I was able to commune with a ghost at a haunted house in my home town, gave us a name and several other key details that all turned out to be correct when we did some research on it. A medium was also able to contact my grandad for me and tell me all sorts of things that were simply amazing.

Oh hang on....

No.
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-15-13, 09:22 PM

gothik's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
lol Tawa, my brother-in-law went to see him once and never again...Accara said his familiar Sam was sensing the spirit of a judge, a hanging judge by the name off whoever and steve said he got up and pointed and said "course you know what he is, theres a fucking picture of him on the wall behind you!" and walked out lol men like him piss me off cause he was outed as fake on most haunted...the parapsychologist dropped some names in a convo and low and behold, later in the show he was "Possessed" by said name and brought them up in context of what he could supposidly see.

Yvette Fielding um asked him to leave....i do not think that guy has ever seen a ghost let alone spoke to the dead
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-16-13, 12:05 AM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothik View Post
lol Tawa, my brother-in-law went to see him once and never again...Accara said his familiar Sam was sensing the spirit of a judge, a hanging judge by the name off whoever and steve said he got up and pointed and said "course you know what he is, theres a fucking picture of him on the wall behind you!" and walked out lol men like him piss me off cause he was outed as fake on most haunted...the parapsychologist dropped some names in a convo and low and behold, later in the show he was "Possessed" by said name and brought them up in context of what he could supposidly see.
The man's a fecking tube to be blunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-16-13, 09:01 PM

Surely if there were actual psychics they would be sensible enough to keep quiet? I mean, you'd be hounded by everyone, especially scientists and governments who'd want to study you and find out how you are doing it.

Also, the idea of summoning the dead or using ouija/tarot cards makes no sense to me. You have no idea what you're doing. so one of three things will happen, so if it does work, there are two possibilities:
1. You get whatever you wanted to summon.
2. You get something you didn't want to summon and (probably) mysteriously disappear.

It would be like trying to build a nuclear reactor with no prior knowledge, except you have even less idea what you're doing.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode