Question for all: If God does exist, then why does evil exist? - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-09-13, 09:35 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Angel View Post
oh look

its the atheist circlejerk thread again

next thread
I'm not an atheist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calistrasza View Post
Read my earlier posts, please.
Don't be so arrogant as to suggest my comments indicate I didn't, please
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-09-13, 09:40 AM

Calistrasza's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie_Oz View Post
I'm not an atheist. Don't be so arrogant as to suggest my comments indicate I didn't, please
Then your question has been answered, I specifically stated that compared to now if evil suddenly vanished we'd still have "evil", but it'd be evil subjective to the current condition rather than evil as we see it now.
post #23 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-09-13, 09:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Then your question has been answered, I specifically stated that compared to now if evil suddenly vanished we'd still have "evil", but it'd be evil subjective to the current condition rather than evil as we see it now.
Hence "Evil is simply the extreme of bad".
post #24 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-09-13, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Hence "Evil is simply the extreme of bad".
As it always has been, the question isn't whether our term for evil exists, it's whether evil as a force exists. We will always have a term for people we think are evil, but it's always going to be subjective.

A better question would be why does a god allow evil actions to exist, as the current one seems to imply evil is some kind of anthropormorphized entity that comes into existence.
post #25 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-09-13, 09:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
A better question would be why does a god allow evil actions to exist, as the current one seems to imply evil is some kind of anthropormorphized entity that comes into existence.
I don't see it like that "evil" is what leads to evil actions just as much as good leads to good actions.

The reason God allows evil to exist is simply because he wants there to be good and as you yourself have said you cannot have good without evil.
post #26 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-09-13, 11:19 AM

Quote:
The reason God allows evil to exist is simply because he wants there to be good and as you yourself have said you cannot have good without evil.
I've never said you can't have good without evil, you said that earlier I believe. I do agree that humanity will likely never have good without evil, but that's because we're humans. The fact is, if an all-knowing, all-wise, omnipotent, omnipresent, benevolent deity cannot or will not prevent evil, then I feel I'm justified in believing that my moral code is superior to the deity's. That being said, if a god is all-benevolent and made humanity in it's own image, where does evil come from at all? Doesn't it necessarily follow that the creator of the entire universe must've at some point created evil?
post #27 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-09-13, 01:10 PM

Alsojames's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
Oh look

it's another Christian who is allergic to logic that a 7 year old can work out (you wana know how I know this? I was that 7 year old who asked this question and I'm still waiting on a answer that actually makes sense).

You want to start a faith based circlejerk thread go ahead. Don't be surprised if it gets derailed by logic. You are more than welcome to try and derail this one but given your posting history about religion Satan (should he exist) has more of a chance of being let back through the pearly gates.

"Derailed by logic"....that has to be the single most ignorant thing I've ever read on this forum (and I was around during the time of Stella Cadente)

"Logic a 7 year old could work out"....what logic? All I'm hearing right now is "God is a superpowerful, universe-creating being who allows evil to exist, therefore he's stupid, therefore he doesn't exist! Aaaaaaaah lookit me I'm an atheist wooooo you're all stupid"

Though I'm sure you've got a better argument than that.

Magpie has a very good point here. Without evil, there is no good. "True Neutral" is all that exists. That is, people that literally don't give a shit about anything. Because as soon as someone gives a shit, it can be perceived as good or evil. And you can't have one without the other. Light always casts a shadow, right? Evidently God wanted people to THINK, and in order for that to happen, good and evil must exist.

I'm not saying every atheist, or even every atheist on this site is like this, but goddamn I swear to god some people play atheist just because they think it makes them look smart.

Necrons W3 T0 L1

Death Korps W1 T0 L1

Dark Elves W0 T0 L0
post #28 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-09-13, 01:33 PM
Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alsojames View Post
I'm not saying every atheist, or even every atheist on this site is like this, but goddamn I swear to god some people play atheist just because they think it makes them look smart.
Aye, many of the atheists I know are utter fucktards and morons to boot. This debate isn't necessarily one based on intelligence or faith. It's about Rationality. Rather than asking who is right and about what, we should be focusing on whether or not any of it is relevant to society right now.

Such as when religion hampers public education or civil rights, or when blatant anti theism causes oppression against a group for a belief or set of beliefs.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #29 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-09-13, 01:36 PM

Alsojames's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Aye, many of the atheists I know are utter fucktards and morons to boot. This debate isn't necessarily one based on intelligence or faith. It's about Rationality. Rather than asking who is right and about what, we should be focusing on whether or not any of it is relevant to society right now.
I agree. People who make those stupid pictures on facebook that say "Arguing with a christian will get you nowhere because they're retards blah blah blah". The same can be said for many Atheists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
Such as when religion hampers public education or civil rights, or when blatant anti theism causes oppression against a group for a belief or set of beliefs.
I'm a Christian and I'll defend religion to the death, but GOOD LORD does religion hamper education and civil rights. It's a case of "stupid christians" being the ones in power.

That's another thread though

Necrons W3 T0 L1

Death Korps W1 T0 L1

Dark Elves W0 T0 L0
post #30 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-09-13, 02:16 PM

normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England

Religions have spent thousands of years oppressing everyone and anyone they decide they don't like, the moment anti religious movements gain any sort of ground the first people to start shouting "they're picking on us!" are the religious, that's hilarious!

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode