Boy dies after being bullied - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-13, 08:05 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
this is bullying and the worse kind
Indeed, yet seemingly acceptable if you win sports trophies for the school.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-13, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'Ui View Post
there's schools that don't condone fighting so the kid who stands up for himself and hits back these days is the one who gets punished for it.
And that works oh so well until the victim brings an AK-47 to school and deals with everything he views as a problem.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm finding it difficult to feel sorry for the victims of school shootings anymore. You read about someone who goes into a school and killed 4 teachers and a bunch of students. Then you get an article like this, you have to start wondering did those teachers look the other way when the bullying happened? Did they punish the victim and let the bullies off just because the bullies are jocks?

Other questions like Were those students that were killed and wounded really random ones or did the shooter target them? Were they around when the bullying happened and did they support or just standby?

It seems like today people are all to willing to take things at face value and blame killings on music, video games and gun ownership. I'm beginning to wonder if we're looking in the wrong direction.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-06-13, 04:52 AM

Shas'Ui's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
And that works oh so well until the victim brings an AK-47 to school and deals with everything he views as a problem.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm finding it difficult to feel sorry for the victims of school shootings anymore. You read about someone who goes into a school and killed 4 teachers and a bunch of students. Then you get an article like this, you have to start wondering did those teachers look the other way when the bullying happened? Did they punish the victim and let the bullies off just because the bullies are jocks?

Other questions like Were those students that were killed and wounded really random ones or did the shooter target them? Were they around when the bullying happened and did they support or just standby?

It seems like today people are all to willing to take things at face value and blame killings on music, video games and gun ownership. I'm beginning to wonder if we're looking in the wrong direction.

It's Human Nature to blame everything else on others. "I'm a great parent so my son acted out what he saw in Cheer Leader Camp Slaughter House 5, the one that I bought for him"

See a kid being bullied at school?, be his/her friend, it just might save your life.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-06-13, 03:16 PM
Tzeentch laughs at likely

Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

Quote:
I don't know about anyone else but I'm finding it difficult to feel sorry for the victims of school shootings anymore.
Even if you feel death is a suitable payback for bullying, there are too often innocent casualties; and surviving witnesses will definitely be innocent victims.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-06-13, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave T Hobbit View Post
Even if you feel death is a suitable payback for bullying, there are too often innocent casualties; and surviving witnesses will definitely be innocent victims.
You've obivously never been on the ground getting the crap beaten out of you.

You'd be surprised by the amount of people who enjoy watching the "fight".
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-06-13, 11:19 PM
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Not quite the same as the gun massacre you're suggesting...

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-06-13, 11:20 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
You'd be surprised by the amount of people who enjoy watching the "fight".
Most people within about a mile if I recall.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-06-13, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
Not quite the same as the gun massacre you're suggesting...
Way to misinterpret what I said. we're judging people who have only know fear they have done nothing to deserve being bullied. Yet we do nothing to stop it. Save for a few who are willing to stand up most just ignore it.

We don't know their thoughts or what they have been through. All we know is that they did the only thing they could do.

Understand what I am trying to say? If we knew the truth would our thoughts be any different?
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-07-13, 12:08 AM

normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England

Quote:
Way to misinterpret what I said. we're judging people who have only know fear they have done nothing to deserve being bullied. Yet we do nothing to stop it. Save for a few who are willing to stand up most just ignore it.

We don't know their thoughts or what they have been through. All we know is that they did the only thing they could do.

Understand what I am trying to say? If we knew the truth would our thoughts be any different?
Probably not, I was bullied relentlessly as a kid and most of my school life was a living hell, I never once attempted to walk into school and gun a load of people down.

I enjoyed dishing out the odd kicking here and there, standing up for yourself is the only way to stop bullying, no one outside of the situation is really capable. Standing up for yourself is one thing, killing a bunch of people is something else entirely.

I really don't care what these people have been through, its no excuse for random acts of hideous violence. Yes, we should look into any society that breeds these sorts of psychos and do what we can to stop it but that doesn't for a moment excuse their behaviour or make them any kind of victim.

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-07-13, 10:12 AM
Tzeentch laughs at likely

Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

Quote:
You've obivously never been on the ground getting the crap beaten out of you.
Actually I have. So I sympathise with the visceral need to strike back physically at the aggressors. This does not mean I do not also feel sorry for those who are killed in revenge attacks.

I would not say that society is doing nothing: the staff at my school were proactive and the one time I involved the police (occurred outside of school) they acted.

Even if I accept (which I do not) that watching, but not participating, in bullying deserves death, then there are still going to be innocent bystanders - or do you include 11-year-olds who do not stop groups of 15-year-olds in your group of those guilty by inaction?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode