Ebay Deals/Bargains/Sales - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-13, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

Default Ebay Deals/Bargains/Sales

So, have you had any deals/bargains/sales on Ebay that you'd care to share? It doesn't have to be just WH40k/WHFB either as my story is not.

Last week, I recently re-discovered a massive collection of Yugioh (TCG) cards that I used to collect six or seven years ago. Having moved on from that and not really finding it interesting anymore, I promptly decided to put some on ebay. Gathering together a collection of 350 cards and putting them in a tin, I put them on eBay for £4.99 and expected to find no bids whatsoever as they were all fairly old cards.

And now, recently, the bidding has just ended. And the final count: £31!

Yes, that's right - £31 for a batch of cards that I never even presumed to be that rare or expensive in the first place. But apparently, they're actually worth something. Or somebody thinks so. And the best thing about this is that I have 8 or 9 more tins worth of cards to put up on eBay.

(Am so totally spending the money on graphic novels (Batgirl + Justice League) and Firefly Season 1 - Assuming the bidder actually decides to pay ).

So, that said, what are your experiences with eBay? Anything you'd like to share?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-13, 04:23 PM

Sangus Bane's Flag is: Netherlands

I bought an OOP Terminator Chaplain for $5,50, that includes shipment.

I also sold one set of Chaos units from DV for €33,-. Still need to put the second one up... (Interested anyone? PM)

Ebay has some great bargains but I also saw someone bidding $180,- for an OOP Chaplain Xavier, painted. A model which I bought for just under $20,- not much later.

Please have a look at my space marines.

Lord Bane says: "Keep your water bill low, drink more beer!"

My girlfriend said she didn't like Daft Punk. She's single now. Hahahahahaha lol, just kidding. She's dead...
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-13, 06:31 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Just before Christmas I managed to nab a GoPro Hero 3 Black edition for £200 and get the guy to throw the LCD back screen in for another £30. Any outdoor/extreme sports people on here who like to film their activities will probably appreciate what an absurdly good steal that deal was.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-13, 08:02 PM

Barnster's Flag is: United Kingdom

I think my greatest bargain was a FW chaos dragon which I got for £70, Needs some TLC (Strip and fix) but pretty much all there, other than a couple of easily replaceable spikes

Lately been slow but picked up 8 tyranid Warriors for £12 which are currently soaking in Sainsburys basic cleaner to try and remove many layers of grime

Thing I find with eBayer is you can buy stuff for cheap if your willing to do some work to fix it. I have had a lot of good deals

Never really had much luck selling stuff mind

I have to admit to people My name is Barnster and I'm an eBayholic
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-13, 10:07 PM
LTP

LTP's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
Just before Christmas I managed to nab a GoPro Hero 3 Black edition for £200 and get the guy to throw the LCD back screen in for another £30. Any outdoor/extreme sports people on here who like to film their activities will probably appreciate what an absurdly good steal that deal was.
Awesome. I got mine from the american PX in afghan so it was about the same price. Nice bargain there mate.

I sold an MTG card for £400 once haha. I've managed to get a 2000 point unpainted Tau army for like £40 which was cool
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-13, 02:16 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTP View Post
Awesome. I got mine from the american PX in afghan so it was about the same price. Nice bargain there mate.

I sold an MTG card for £400 once haha. I've managed to get a 2000 point unpainted Tau army for like £40 which was cool
Dunno why I never bought one from the PX, don't think I ever looked at the cameras with anything more than passing glances otherwise I would have. Bought a turbo cheap iPad instead
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-13, 08:25 PM
LTP

LTP's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
Dunno why I never bought one from the PX, don't think I ever looked at the cameras with anything more than passing glances otherwise I would have. Bought a turbo cheap iPad instead
There was like one left so I just grabbed it haha. I also got some beats headphones and i already had my ipad and MBP so I resisted the urge to by the new one
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-13, 10:17 PM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

I am a big ebayohlic.

I have snagged many items off ebay because people list them wrong or spell the item wrong. I got 100 ork boys for $15 because I guy did not list them right.

I have a few surprises selling as well. I found some old He-man action dolls in the attic and put two on ebay. I didn't think anyone would want them but a guy emailed me an hour after I put them on offering $150 for the two if I ended the sell. I didn't end it and each one sold $200. I sold off the other 8 dolls for around the same amount each. It was a nice little find.

Off to ebay I go. I have to see if I can steal some forgeworld models that a guy listed as warhammer toys.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Tags
deals , ebay , non-gw

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode