Americans demand Piers Morgan be deported over gun control issue - Page 10 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 115 (permalink) Old 01-11-13, 06:46 PM
Slave to Heresy!
Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Essex
Posts: 8,803
Reputation: 26
Default

This thread reinforces my belief that America is full of retards.
Jezlad is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 115 (permalink) Old 01-11-13, 07:10 PM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
 
Jacobite's Avatar
Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 8,082
Reputation: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeto View Post
Jacobite, you so silly. Me and "my ilk" are just tax paying, law abiding citizens who appreciate the rule of law as it's written. The horror! And yet fail to appreciate the fact that the law could could be wrong....

Did I say Alex Jones is the voice of reason for me or is this just you continuing with your straw man argument? shock and horror I find sombody whose ranting about guns, elimination of civil rights and tyranny and I think of you and others like you. My sincere apologies. It's a rhetorical question. I actually don't like Alex Jones at all, and I didn't like him and his conspiracy theories long before the doozy of a theory about Romney eating golden plated babies, but believe I like him if you want. You already believe a bunch of other stupid stuff so this is just par for the coarse This is coming from a man who can't answer basic questions repeadily... still waiting on those examples of a single batsman killing more than 5 people in less than 5 minutes... You say stupid stupid stuff but I'm not the one living in a country where over 8 and half thousand people were murdered by firearms last year (yes and 11 thousand by bats). I'll let history decide whose in a better postion on that one...



You are talking about taking the means of killing people away, you are talking about violating a constitutional right that you don't even understand. So its your constituational right to kill people? You really do land in the land of the free then.... You guys are so emotional about this that you don't even understand the point about bats and rifles. Bats are to hit balls, guns are to fire bullets. Quite simple, no confusion. As for being emotional about it, I'm sorry for getting emotional about murdered innocent women and children. Or I am sympathising with criminals there again? To you guys it comes down to marketing, the statistics be damned... Show me some valid statistics and you may have a point

You may be interested to know that we had more guns per capita in the 50's. Where were all the school shootings then? (Lincoln and Bennet, we also didn't think that cigarettes caused cancer back then... whats your point? Times change, society changes and therefore laws should change) School shootings are a historical and statistical anomaly, and guns aren't at the root of the problem No they aren't the root but they do make these regular incidents a lot worse than they would otherwise be. I can say that for a fact, my evidence. The knife and axe attacks in China. Exactly the same situation except for the weapon used. Attacker walks into school with weapon, trys to hurt innocents. Total number of deaths/injuries in the last 8 incidents in China 25 dead/ 100+ injured. Total deaths/injuries in the last 8 incidents in US: 83 dead/117 injured. I'll let those stats speak for themselves. I won't even mention the difference between a gunshot wound and a wound received from a slashing box cutter You girls just want to stand on the graves of dead children with Piers to achieve your own political agenda. Sweet us "girls" will do that while we watch you "boys" stand by doing nothing facilitating the mass murder of your families by your inaction. If anybody is sympathizing with criminals its you cheeto by continuing to allowing them easy access to guns. I really do wonder if your opinion will change if one of your family had their head blown away in a mass shooting, oh sorry you prefer the term anomaly don't you (of which there have been at least 3 a year for the past two years, thats one every 4 months.)

http://www.therightscoop.com/masterf...his-straw-men/

We all know Piers is a cunt who can't actually form a decent argument, he used to work for The Sun, News of the World and The Daily Mirror for gods sake, whats your point? When you can come up with evidence that isn't regurgitated sound bite by sound bite from a talk show we can talk more. Until then I don't want to see you or hear from you again unless its on the news publicly bemoaning how wrong you have been. I've never blocked somebody in the 7+ years I've been on Heresy but I think its finally come time to use it. You can say what you want about me doing that, I don't care. I live in a country which is rated just as "free" as yours, generally higher and 99.999999% of the population when we walk down the street aren't scared of being randomly shot if we don't have a fire arm with us. Stupidity is the one disease humanity will never cure and you seem to have a terminal case of it.

You can have your "freedom" and guns, looks to be doing wonders for you.


Last edited by Jacobite; 01-11-13 at 07:26 PM.
Jacobite is offline  
post #93 of 115 (permalink) Old 01-11-13, 07:53 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE
 
scscofield's Avatar
scscofield's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Finger Lakes Region of NY
Posts: 6,195
Reputation: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
This thread reinforces my belief that America is full of retards.
The correct term is Fucktards Jez :-D and yes we are.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1




scscofield is offline  
post #94 of 115 (permalink) Old 01-11-13, 08:32 PM
The Hebrew Hammer
 
The Son of Horus's Avatar
The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 6,544
Reputation: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeto View Post
Jacobite, you so silly. Me and "my ilk" are just tax paying, law abiding citizens who appreciate the rule of law as it's written. The horror!

Did I say Alex Jones is the voice of reason for me or is this just you continuing with your straw man argument? It's a rhetorical question. I actually don't like Alex Jones at all, and I didn't like him and his conspiracy theories long before the doozy of a theory about Romney eating golden plated babies, but believe I like him if you want. You already believe a bunch of other stupid stuff so this is just par for the coarse



You are talking about taking the means of killing people away, you are talking about violating a constitutional right that you don't even understand. You guys are so emotional about this that you don't even understand the point about bats and rifles. To you guys it comes down to marketing, the statistics be damned...

You may be interested to know that we had more guns per capita in the 50's. Where were all the school shootings then? School shootings are a historical and statistical anomaly, and guns aren't at the root of the problem. You girls just want to stand on the graves of dead children with Piers to achieve your own political agenda.

http://www.therightscoop.com/masterf...his-straw-men/
Dude, stop. I'm on your side on this one, and you're making the right sound like a bunch of crazy retards.


Here's the thing. We can argue and bitch about gun control in the US all we like, but it's not practical for the United States to seriously change the laws regarding the legality of firearms. That's the bottom line. Guns are far too widespread at this point to make outlawing any particular type (or guns in general) even vaguely effective-- there's no way that the government could *take* the guns away, either-- not without a constitutional amendment that would never pass in a million years.

Piers Morgan is a moron. And the British don't want him back, either, so we're kind of stuck with him. Not that political dissent is something you should be able to boot someone out of the United States for, but that's a separate argument. But that's the wonderful thing about talking heads on TV-- you can push a button and they shut their traps.

As for constitutional rights and all that-- what it actually says in the 2nd Amendment is that citizens have the right to form armed, well-organized, and regulated militias. It doesn't say Americans have the right to bear arms, or that you have the right to own a gun. That's something the NRA has twisted to suit its purposes. At this point, it might as well say that you have the right to own a gun, though, because there's really no feasible way for the government to prohibit ownership of firearms at this point. They can make new guns harder to purchase legally, but it's been proven time and again that has no correlation with the number of incidences involving guns-- if someone is going to use a gun to commit a crime, they aren't all that concerned about having the paperwork for the weapon.

As for the issue of school shootings-- I think they're self-perpetuating. We talk about it in the media all the time, and we take visible and regular steps to prevent them from happening by posting invasive (and often drunk and incompetent) security guards in public schools. All that does is put it into kids' heads that this is somehow an actual solution to their issues. What the media ought to be doing, rather than going with the traditional "if it bleeds, it leads" programming, is having a quiet feature on victims, say nothing about the shooter, give them no attention whatsoever-- often that's what they really want.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

The Son of Horus is offline  
post #95 of 115 (permalink) Old 01-11-13, 08:52 PM
Senior Member
 
cheeto's Avatar
cheeto's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kapaa, Hi
Posts: 431
Reputation: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Son of Horus View Post
Dude, stop. I'm on your side on this one, and you're making the right sound like a bunch of crazy retards.


Here's the thing. We can argue and bitch about gun control in the US all we like, but it's not practical for the United States to seriously change the laws regarding the legality of firearms. That's the bottom line. Guns are far too widespread at this point to make outlawing any particular type (or guns in general) even vaguely effective-- there's no way that the government could *take* the guns away, either-- not without a constitutional amendment that would never pass in a million years.

Piers Morgan is a moron. And the British don't want him back, either, so we're kind of stuck with him. Not that political dissent is something you should be able to boot someone out of the United States for, but that's a separate argument. But that's the wonderful thing about talking heads on TV-- you can push a button and they shut their traps.

As for constitutional rights and all that-- what it actually says in the 2nd Amendment is that citizens have the right to form armed, well-organized, and regulated militias. It doesn't say Americans have the right to bear arms, or that you have the right to own a gun. That's something the NRA has twisted to suit its purposes. At this point, it might as well say that you have the right to own a gun, though, because there's really no feasible way for the government to prohibit ownership of firearms at this point. They can make new guns harder to purchase legally, but it's been proven time and again that has no correlation with the number of incidences involving guns-- if someone is going to use a gun to commit a crime, they aren't all that concerned about having the paperwork for the weapon.

As for the issue of school shootings-- I think they're self-perpetuating. We talk about it in the media all the time, and we take visible and regular steps to prevent them from happening by posting invasive (and often drunk and incompetent) security guards in public schools. All that does is put it into kids' heads that this is somehow an actual solution to their issues. What the media ought to be doing, rather than going with the traditional "if it bleeds, it leads" programming, is having a quiet feature on victims, say nothing about the shooter, give them no attention whatsoever-- often that's what they really want.

The second amendment says a well regulated Militia is necessary to the security of a free State. It doesn't say we can only have guns as part of one. Put in historical context, the militia was formed from the people who had guns, and what must not be commonly known is that the guns of the militia were rifled barrels... which were superior to the musket used by the British and the members of the continental army. It's just a fact.

If I'm making us sound like a bunch of retards it's only because I'm talking to a bunch of them. Nothing I say or tease about is going to make a bit of difference with these peeps. They are afraid of guns when they should be concerned about what it is that is increasing the number of these mass shootings which I said weeks ago is more likely something to do with media glorifying killers with their 24/7 coverage in the news much like you are suggesting. We don't have a gun problem, we have a cultural problem the root of what I believe lies in the media and entertainment industry.

You didn't actually think I feel the need to regulate bats did you?
cheeto is offline  
post #96 of 115 (permalink) Old 01-11-13, 09:17 PM
Member
 
Noise Marine's Avatar
Noise Marine's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: 29 Palms, California
Posts: 41
Reputation: 1
Default

What a terrible place the inside of your head must be.

I literally live in the fucking Mojave Wasteland, the only thing we're missing here at 29 Palms are the Deathclaws.
Noise Marine is offline  
post #97 of 115 (permalink) Old 01-11-13, 09:30 PM
Slave to Heresy!
Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Essex
Posts: 8,803
Reputation: 26
Default

A school in the states is considering giving firearms to the cleaners.

America = morons.

/thread
Jezlad is offline  
post #98 of 115 (permalink) Old 01-11-13, 09:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Words_of_Truth's Avatar
Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Birmingham, England
Posts: 7,003
Reputation: 30
Default

How long till a unhinged cleaner goes on a spree then.
Words_of_Truth is offline  
post #99 of 115 (permalink) Old 01-11-13, 09:42 PM
Senior Member
 
xNoPityx's Avatar
xNoPityx's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 528
Reputation: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
A school in the states is considering giving firearms to the cleaners.

America = morons.

/thread
Where? Not really surprising as I've seen the sentiment voiced a bunch lately what school was actually considering it?

xNoPityx is offline  
post #100 of 115 (permalink) Old 01-11-13, 10:46 PM
Member
 
Noise Marine's Avatar
Noise Marine's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: 29 Palms, California
Posts: 41
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
A school in the states is considering giving firearms to the cleaners.

America = morons.

/thread
There are also states trying to pass laws to arrest federal agents who enforce gun laws.

I'm not quite sure how that's supposed to work. I will agree with the vast majority of Americans being morons, I can't bloody stand these people.

I literally live in the fucking Mojave Wasteland, the only thing we're missing here at 29 Palms are the Deathclaws.
Noise Marine is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome