PC Hardware Help Thread - Please Include Your System Specifications - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-03-13, 03:22 PM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

Yes

Not using the ddwrt model anymore not sure what the error message was. Just showed the error sign on the front.

Yellow is the color they normally associate with connecting the Internet from the modem to a special Internet plus on the back of the router. It's a 5th port in a 4 port router.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-03-13, 03:31 PM

lokis222's Flag is: Canada

okay. so the yellow cable is the one connecting the modem to a wireless router?

next question and i assume the answer is yes: can you connect the yellow cable to your computer and access the internet?

post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-03-13, 03:39 PM

did a basic search and found a few leads.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ss-496144.html

if you could follow the advice on the first reply, it will give me a starting point to help you. also, attempting the advice in the rest of that thread if it fails would also be a good idea.

i don't know your level of computer knowledge, so just let me know if you have any issues following it and i will be more than happy to help you out by translating things into more accessible terms.

Last edited by lokis222; 02-03-13 at 03:43 PM.
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-04-13, 03:20 AM

yes and I build my own systems so I am fairly literate. Just my time at home is limited. I will follow up on this next week when I am at home. I am having a computer issue that has me scratching my head but 1st router, next the computer that wont completely boot.
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-04-13, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinn24 View Post
yes and I build my own systems so I am fairly literate. Just my time at home is limited. I will follow up on this next week when I am at home. I am having a computer issue that has me scratching my head but 1st router, next the computer that wont completely boot.
okay, i will look around and see if i can find more suggestions so that you won't have to waste much time. i will post them tomorrow and as i find them.

post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-05-13, 02:39 PM

i looked around and there seem to be a number of solutions. i think we need more info to narrow this down. if you could follow the thread i posted earlier, that will be a good starting point. also, if you haven't done it, can you get internet through your wireless router by physically connecting it to your computer? also, if you have various wireless devices, do any of them connect? finally, when searching for wireless connections, can your computer discover your wireless router?

post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-05-13, 05:57 PM

My computer is hard wired. The computer sees the router as well as my wireless devices but the router and modem do not want to talk to one another.
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-05-13, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinn24 View Post
My computer is hard wired. The computer sees the router as well as my wireless devices but the router and modem do not want to talk to one another.
so, your computer is hardwired through the modem or the router? if modem, can you hardwire it through the wireless?

when you detect your wireless router, what kind of signal strenght is reported?

post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-05-13, 10:22 PM

If the modem is connected directly to the computer. If I wire the modem to the router then wire it to the computer I get no Internet. Wireless strength is full power on my wireless devices. They can connect to the router bit still no net. There is an issue somewhere with the router and modem talking with each other. When I first got the router hooked up it did for a very very short time broadcast an Internet signal but the next day it stopped and never came back.
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-06-13, 12:59 AM

okay. starting to narrow this down. try that link and let me know how it works out.

Last edited by lokis222; 02-06-13 at 01:03 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode