comupter virus help - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-11-12, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Warlord_Winters's Flag is: USA

Default comupter virus help

so i have my virus program -Microsoft Security Essentials- the real time protection is turned on and literally every 60 seconds the same virus is found, quarantined and removed. even when i turn my internet connection is off. what can i do you make it go away for good?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-11-12, 02:55 PM

lokis222's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord_Winters View Post
so i have my virus program -Microsoft Security Essentials- the real time protection is turned on and literally every 60 seconds the same virus is found, quarantined and removed. even when i turn my internet connection is off. what can i do you make it go away for good?
download and install avast. it is free and it is really good. i have only had one virus it could not take care of.

also, what is the name of the virus? depending, a virus scanner won't be able to take care of it. If so, you might have to do it manually or reformat and reinstall you OS. That is a bit extreme and I have never had to do it, but it may be your last resort.

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-11-12, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Trojan:Win32/Reveton!lnk

it executes commands from an attacker
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-11-12, 03:08 PM

install avast as step one and then, when it asks it you would like a boot scan, say yes and restart you computer. before you reboot, update your virus definitions. if the issue persists, post again.

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-11-12, 03:11 PM

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-11-12, 03:14 PM

this one gives a video guide to help you take it out if you have to do it manually:

http://fakeprogramsremovaltool.blogs...ctive-way.html

EDIT: this is considered a very bad virus and unless you can follow these instructions perfectly, you can damage your computer. if you don't feel up to it, get it to an IT asap and don't use the computer online. this one changes files and sends out and receives information that you really don't want it to. if you have to go online, set up your firewall and don't let anything contact or leave your computer that you are not directly in control of!

Last edited by lokis222; 12-11-12 at 03:17 PM.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-11-12, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

im on another computer right now, i had to to a boot scan twice. the 1st time the corrupted files it found i didnt think were that big a deal so i had it continue with out doing anytihing. as soon as i opened a web page a big screen popped up that said the government has locked my computer enter your credit card number here to pay the $300 and unlock it....im running the scan boost again and getting rid of the corrupted stuff. if it happens again i'll try a system restore and then a full on scan when it logs back on

also i think i now the website these viruses keep coming from Gorillamask.net it's like TheChive but a bit for obscene humor. so im not going there anymore.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-11-12, 07:15 PM

Quote:
im on another computer right now, i had to to a boot scan twice. the 1st time the corrupted files it found i didnt think were that big a deal so i had it continue with out doing anytihing. as soon as i opened a web page a big screen popped up that said the government has locked my computer enter your credit card number here to pay the $300 and unlock it....im running the scan boost again and getting rid of the corrupted stuff. if it happens again i'll try a system restore and then a full on scan when it logs back on

also i think i now the website these viruses keep coming from Gorillamask.net it's like TheChive but a bit for obscene humor. so im not going there anymore.
if you have a system restore point, thats great. i always forget to make one, but i keep my files backed up. good luck.

if you keep avast installed, it has a very good real time virus protector. it has stopped numerous virus from coming to me via interwebz. funny note, the ads that you get when you open a webpage can be where the virus come from.

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-11-12, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokis222 View Post
if you have a system restore point, thats great. i always forget to make one, but i keep my files backed up. good luck.

if you keep avast installed, it has a very good real time virus protector. it has stopped numerous virus from coming to me via interwebz. funny note, the ads that you get when you open a webpage can be where the virus come from.
well mine does it automatically once a week or something like that, not really sure. I've only had to restore 2 times since i got it

so my boot scan only found 3 things 2 are corrupted files in Steam games and the other is some fire fox app, would it matter if i repaired or deleted that file?

Last edited by Warlord_Winters; 12-11-12 at 08:24 PM.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-11-12, 09:34 PM

Quote:
well mine does it automatically once a week or something like that, not really sure. I've only had to restore 2 times since i got it

so my boot scan only found 3 things 2 are corrupted files in Steam games and the other is some fire fox app, would it matter if i repaired or deleted that file?
honestly, you could try repairing it, but i would delete them. if steam doesn't work, a reinstall takes no time. ditto fire fox.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode