U.S Election Who Should Win/Predictions?
So the U.S election is just around the corner and it seems like its going to be pretty close this year. Who do you want to in or who do you think is going to win?
I haven't a clue about who is going to win, but I want Romney to win.
Here are my reasons:
1. Obama is a dud and always has been a dud. The guy isn't a great speech maker; have you ever heard him try to answer questions off the cuff? At least Bush Jnr had the whole 'one of the folks' thing going.
Anyway, the guy got overpromoted and wasn't Presidential material 4 years ago, it really should have been Hilary's time but everyone went nuts for the black candidate. Yep I said it.
2. Reverse-racism. If White people were voting for Romney as much as people of colour were voting for Obama it would be a shining example of racism for the mass media. As it stands when 90% of African-Americans and 70% of Latino-Americans vbote for Obama that's just fine and dandy.
Double standard? You betya.
Also a whole bunch of White liberals love to paint you as a racist if you don't vote for Obama, because by default you have to be a gun-totting crazed KKK member to think he isn't superman.
3. I think that Romney is the better candidate and is actually quite moderate for a Republican. So hopefully the fact he is a Mormon will mean that there will be no Right-Wing Jesus freaks in higher office ... hopefully.
4. Obama and the demoncrats have dropped the ball on the economy. Sure it was George Bush Jnr's mess but that doesn't excuse the Obama administration for the lack of progress being made. I do not see any light at the end of Obama's policy tunnel.
Plus what has the guy actually achieved in four years?
5. I prefer Republican platforms on about 66% of issues. Right to bear arms, anti-abortion, pro-death penalty, emphasis on state over federal and a few others too.
6. I'm a Marxist ... what? And I support the Republicans? What? Yep, on issues such as Abortion, Death penalty etc I'm comfortable with their platforms.
In terms of how Capitalism functions I think the system should be abolished and overthrown, but in the meantime, the Republicans tend to run a purer form of Capitalism, that has the twin benefit of being more logical, and increasing the class conflict within America.
Long story short, for the short term I think their economic policies make more sense logically, in the long term, this has the side effect of making people realise how nasty a system Capitalism is so hopefully one day they will over throw it.
The democrats try to curb the worst excesses of Capitalism and while this seems noble, it actually has the effect of propping up a terrible system of exploitation. Therefore they are the worse choice.
Long story short ... come on Romney!
Who do you guys want to win/think will win and why?