U.S Election Who Should Win/Predictions? - Page 9 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-02-12, 02:48 PM

maddermax's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathJester921 View Post
Wanna know why the Republicans hate Obama when it comes to the poor? It's not what you think, I can assure you. Obama wants to just hand them some of our(actual working Americans) hard earned money. He's not offering them any incentive to get jobs, he's just going to give them the money. There are poor people over here working the system in a way that they can just sit on their lazy asses at home. Granted, there are many here who are poor, that have legitimate reasons for not being able to work, but many dont have a damn excuse. They're just lazy.

Romney doesn't want to just give them free handouts, and all of a sudden, he and every other Republican are labelled enemies of the poor. Its unbelievable.
Hmm, Ok, so which benefits allow Americans to just sit on their arses? I mean, you don't have the dole like they do in some countries. You have unemployment insurance, but that only lasts a year I think? You also don't have universal health care - your Medicade program is pretty inaccessible in a lot of states apparently. I suppose you might be thinking about Food Stamps, but a pittance that can only be spent on groceries doesn't seem like a great way to live. Is there some other welfare program that is just never talked about that I'm missing?

Meanwhile, what welfare program's is Obama trying to expand? Only one I've heard about was shoring up Medicade so that it covered people up to 133% of the poverty line. There was that right wing baloney about "Obama phones", but that was a program started by Ronald Reagan of all people, and which has been continued through all presidents since, so that can't be it. Care to fill me in?

PubHammer Brisbane
It's all in the name.

Looking for a club in Brisbane, Australia? Come and enjoy a game and a beer at our friendly club in a pub, Sunday nights from 6:30. All brisbanites welcome, don't wait, check out our Club Page on Facebook for details or to organize a game. We play all sorts of board and war games, so hit us up if you're interested.

Update:From the 25th of May 2014 we'll be Meeting at The Junction pub in Annerley, opposite Ace Comics and Games Still playing 40k, Warmachine and board games of all sorts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-02-12, 05:45 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddermax View Post
Hmm, Ok, so which benefits allow Americans to just sit on their arses? I mean, you don't have the dole like they do in some countries. You have unemployment insurance, but that only lasts a year I think? You also don't have universal health care - your Medicade program is pretty inaccessible in a lot of states apparently. I suppose you might be thinking about Food Stamps, but a pittance that can only be spent on groceries doesn't seem like a great way to live. Is there some other welfare program that is just never talked about that I'm missing?

Meanwhile, what welfare program's is Obama trying to expand? Only one I've heard about was shoring up Medicade so that it covered people up to 133% of the poverty line. There was that right wing baloney about "Obama phones", but that was a program started by Ronald Reagan of all people, and which has been continued through all presidents since, so that can't be it. Care to fill me in?
You obviously know nothing of how lazy many Poor Americans are. Like I said, many of the poor here work the fucking system. By doing this, they get to sit on their assess and do nothing. Hell, you know nothing of how people are, here, Mr. Australian. People here live off of food stamps and also WIC cards, and whatever the hell else they can get their hands on to avoid having to work for the money themselves. It's a great way to live for them because they don't have to work any of it. They are lazy.

Obama phones, and our healthcare system have nothing to do with what i'm talking about. I don't even know where you got those from.

I'll say it again for you. PEOPLE WORK THE SYSTEM! Yes they are supposed to be looking for a job, but they don't. They find ways around the systems in place to keep living like the lazy fucks they are.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.

Last edited by DeathJester921; 11-02-12 at 06:04 PM.
post #83 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-02-12, 06:07 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Ok they work the system but would you rather no one got benefits just to stop them or would you rather work at sorting them out and keep the benefits for all?
post #84 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-02-12, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Well That Was Unexpected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramoro View Post
Holy shit you're hilarious. Seriously you brighten my day every time you post because it must be what it's like to look into a void of nothingness. There are no stories about the Middleton's being nouveau riche. In fact Carole Middleton was the daughter of a builder on a council estate in Southhall and now her daughter is married to the future King. Is that not the rags to riches story you're looking for?

In Britain as in the US money counts, the Middletons made millions from their business which afforded them the best schooling for their children which is the reason Kate is where she is now.

As in both countries the Poverty trap is a real thing. the difference is the Republicans want to make it even harder for the poor to get out of it whilst shouting bootstraps at them.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...n-waiting.html

http://www.thenational.ae/news/world...class-princess

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-officers.html

http://www.dailyshame.co.uk/2012/07/...makes-me-sick/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...-Beatrice.html

There you go two minutes of my time and already 5 articles all discussing how 'middleclass' the middletons are, how they aren't royalty, etc etc.

Also, based on your response do you even know what a Class System is?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-research.html

There is another article discussing Britains class system. this time less than 30 seconds of research to get that one (and there are plenty more).

If you think America and Britain look at class the same way your an idiot.

Last edited by D-A-C; 11-02-12 at 06:30 PM.
post #85 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-02-12, 07:52 PM
Craw-Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddermax View Post
Look, I'm not going to touch on the rest of it just at the moment (too early here for that), but this is wrong, and you should study your civics better.

'A republic is a form of government in which the country is considered a "public matter" (Latin: res publica), not the private concern or property of the rulers, and where offices of states are subsequently directly or indirectly elected or appointed rather than inherited. In modern times, a common simplified definition of a republic is a government where the head of state is not a monarch, even though most of these have institutions and offices aligned with the classic republican model and though offices may informally pass by inheritance in a republic.'

The USA is a Republic and a Representative Democracy, AKA a Liberal Democracy. Often people just shorten this to being a Representative Republic, but it is important to remember that it is both.

To try and say that the USA has nothing to do with Democracy is a fallacy - not all forms of Democracy are pure democracies, which is where every member gets to vote on every issue.
Well that was very poor. You proved my point. It is a representative form of government. A pure democracy is is one where everyone votes on every matter and everyone has a say. Actually having a say, not just having a vote on election day. Votes aren't even what we base winning the election on either. We have an electoral system.

I don't understand why you made a joke of my statement, proved my point. It looks like you pretty much looked up what a republic is and then backed off. I would know what it means, poli science is my major.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramoro View Post
Oh so you don't hate homosexuals you just don't think they should have the same rights as every one else that's ok. Oh no wait it just means you've filtered your bigotry into a more palatable form.

That is the Republicans stated stance on homosexuality. If you identify as a Republican then it's fair to assume it's your stance. Unless you're Log Cabin Republican I guess but that's simply an attempt to do something with your broken 2 party system which will get no where because of apathy from the masses.

I mean why should they change if people still vote for them even if they disagree fundamentally with their policies.
For your first part, I was merely talking about a generalized view of Republicans. I don't mind homosexuals, and if they want to marry, I don't care. I have a lot of gay friends and would like to see them happy.

But then again, I can't attack other people for what they believe. I think thats very wrong, and it doesn't make those people want to change their minds, but instead focus more in sticking to their positions. Most Muslims hate the western philosophies and ways of life. But from a personal aspect, you could get to know one and be good friends with him or her without attacking what they believe. EVEN IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE they are wrong and you are right. If you attack their beliefs they are more likely to attack you and your beliefs.

Thats why I think the way you liberals go around attacking other peoples beliefs are completely wrong. They are human beings too, and totally capable of understanding other people. By attacking them and saying they are a bunch of homosexual haters, you have forced them to stick to their guns.

The basis of the Republican Party stands on business primarly. Thats why you don't see major focus on other areas. But to say they are racists, sexists, and whatever else you call them is really being ignorant and untrue.

Firstly ignorant because the republicans were the first champions in the United States for Race and Women's Rights.

Even if you look at white trash, explain the U.S. military. It is heavily dominated by hispanics, blacks, and what are often called white trash. In my six years in the military I have never seen any acts of racism. As a hispanic I have been a brother and friends to many "white trash" and blacks.

Furthermore, the Republican Party is interesting for this reason, it is the party out there responsible for creating jobs and protecting them in this country. No matter how you view them, you cannot deny they protect the majority of jobs in the U.S.
post #86 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-02-12, 08:11 PM

lokis222's Flag is: Canada

Those are good points.

Personally, the US has a history of destroying democracies when they interfere with profit, warmongering, and making economic classism worse. From my perspective, while both your parties are guilty of this, the Republicans seem to be the worst culprits. It doesnt help that people there have very little say and your govt is effectively for sale. Also not just your country, but when you wield so much economic and military force, it is disturbing.

post #87 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-02-12, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
Ok they work the system but would you rather no one got benefits just to stop them or would you rather work at sorting them out and keep the benefits for all?
I personally would sort out the assholes with an ass kicking. If these benefits get taken away, thats good with me too. Might actually push these lazy assholes to get a damn job.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
post #88 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-02-12, 11:08 PM

xNoPityx's Flag is: USA

Quote:
I personally would sort out the assholes with an ass kicking. If these benefits get taken away, thats good with me too. Might actually push these lazy assholes to get a damn job.
And ruin, or possibly end, the lives of those who need it. This discourse has reminded me of my favorite quote from Kurt Vonnegut

"Americans, like human beings everywhere, believe many things that are obviously untrue. Their most destructive untruth is that it is very easy for any American to make money. They will not acknowledge how in fact hard money is to come by, and, therefore, those who have no money blame and blame and blame themselves. This inward blame has been a treasure for the rich and powerful, who have had to do less for their poor, publicly and privately, than any other ruling class since, say Napoleonic times. Many novelties have come from America. The most startling of these, a thing without precedent, is a mass of undignified poor. They do not love one another because they do not love themselves."

post #89 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-02-12, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNoPityx View Post
And ruin, or possibly end, the lives of those who need it. This discourse has reminded me of my favorite quote from Kurt Vonnegut

"Americans, like human beings everywhere, believe many things that are obviously untrue. Their most destructive untruth is that it is very easy for any American to make money. They will not acknowledge how in fact hard money is to come by, and, therefore, those who have no money blame and blame and blame themselves. This inward blame has been a treasure for the rich and powerful, who have had to do less for their poor, publicly and privately, than any other ruling class since, say Napoleonic times. Many novelties have come from America. The most startling of these, a thing without precedent, is a mass of undignified poor. They do not love one another because they do not love themselves."
I never said making money is easy. I never said finding a job is easy. These people have to work for it. That's what i'm saying. Take away food stamps at the least, and keep them away from the public unless the mass of the public absolutely needs them. Take away the loopholes that these people exploit. This will give them their incentive to find a job.

WIC cards are a different story. WIC (women, infants, children) i'm not saying should be taken away. We had a conversation about this in my economics class.

Quote:
post #90 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-03-12, 12:02 AM

xNoPityx's Flag is: USA

Quote:
I never said making money is easy. I never said finding a job is easy. These people have to work for it. That's what i'm saying. Take away food stamps at the least, and keep them away from the public unless the mass of the public absolutely needs them. Take away the loopholes that these people exploit. This will give them their incentive to find a job.

WIC cards are a different story. WIC (women, infants, children) i'm not saying should be taken away. We had a conversation about this in my economics class.
Quote kind of flew over your head buddy. What you are saying is exactly what the quote means, that the only thing stopping these people from being successful is that they aren't working hard enough. It simply is not that straightforward, especially nowadays.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode