scared for life.... damn - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-18-12, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
OgreChubbs's Flag is: Canada

Default scared for life.... damn

Usually I am pretty quiet and keep to myself but I need to tell people about this cause it was so messed up I couldn't even sleep last night.

So I was driving my son around to fall asleep at noonish, drove by a liquor store and there was 2 guys walking across the road. First one walked across and waved to thank people for stopping. The second "who I will call poor guy for now on" started to wave not once twice or three times more like 20 and was standing on the sidewalk still.

He started to walk across after like 4 minutes of confused waving and half waves. He fell after he left the curb and hit his face on the ground and started to bleed from his nose and then he chased after his vodka on all 4's then stood up and started to do circles and wave some more for no reason again. He then kept going and fell again and then got back up and walked to the other side off the road.

When he was on the sidewalk he tryed to sit on the grass and just kind of leant back and fell flat on his back and started to couch blood. So I was freaking out and called 911 about it turns out more people did aswell. "thank god I didn't want to spend $100 for the call" They took him in after him fist fighting them and then the cops finally let us drive away.

Later that night on the radio you heard about a poor guy who died from alchoal poisoning. After long term drinking his kidneys shut down and he was bleeding internaly and left the hospital to buy more booze...... it was sooo messed up.... some things you wish you could unsee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-18-12, 10:38 PM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Scarred for life? Yes I bet. It is pretty confronting that sort of stuff.

I once walked past a fellow in a shopping centre, on the second floor over looking the mall. I said G'day and he answered. Once I'd gone by I heard a sickening thud, and that was what it was nothing else sounds like it. I turned around and the guy had dived head first into the lower floor concrete, dead.

Really messes with you, fortunately I was able to get help from the Army Padres (I was serving at the time). Talking it out REALLY helps.

What do you mean "$100 for the call" ? are "911" calls not free?
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-18-12, 11:22 PM
Warlord of Vermin

TechPr1est's Flag is: Australia

i saw a man fall from a docked cruise liner and his guts stained the concrete red, though im perfectly fine about it.

All i remember hearing was screams and a thump, and i turn around and saw some pretty messed stuff. and i was 11 at the time. Apperently he was cleaning windows and slipped.

they locked off the whole place so no one could see the disaster.

i was with my dad at the time my grandmother was going on that cruise and we were just dropping her off and saying goodbye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bruva Alfabusa
"My first model had so many layers of paint, that an excavation team could probably find fossils in it".
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-18-12, 11:44 PM
Senior Moderator

DeathKlokk's Flag is: USA

Consider it a tragedy you can learn from. It sounds like the guy brought it on himself pretty willingly. I wouldn't worry about it.

One winter my wife and I were driving along the Interstate near our city when we saw an SUV fly into the air and roll over in the opposite traffic flow. We pulled over and my wife ran across (with me yelling for her to watch traffic on our side) ahead of me to get to the scene. I mean Olympic tryouts running, scared me to death. A woman had been trying to merge into traffic and had not seen a truck in her blind spot. They collided and it rolled her SUV. She was a little shaken up but not injured. Her mother as still in the upside-down SUV, hanging from the seatbelt. My wife crawled into the SUV to help her and held her hand as she died. We distracted the woman (who was in shock) while the paramedics arrived and took her mother's body away.

My wife (my Hero) comforted the woman and rode in the ambulance with her to the hospital until the doctors gave her the news and a family member showed up.

She still goes quiet when we pass that stretch of road. I avoid it when possible.

Fuck, I need a beer.

Strange, but not a Stranger.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-19-12, 12:00 AM

xNoPityx's Flag is: USA

When I was 15 I was at a party in a bad neighborhood. Eventually there was a huge fight out in the front of the house. I was inside at the time but somebody in the fight pulled out a gun and started firing and a girl standing about 5 feet away from me got shot in the throat. Most people dropped to the ground at that point except for her friend and her sister who where holding her and screaming as she choked on her own blood. I had nightmares about it a few days afterwards and to this day I still get uncomfortable when anything touches me around my throat.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-19-12, 12:26 AM

Dragblud da scrunka's Flag is: United Kingdom

I won't ever forget a few years ago I was on holiday and we were driving back to our campsite from the local town and we turned up this small village on the outskirts and my dad stopped an pulled over and this poor woman had been hit off her bicycle by a vehicle and she was in the middle of the road by herself no one around so me and my dad ran out and we talked to her and rang 999 and just had to make her stay still she was in so much pain and so confused I don't think I could ever forget that just the fact that she had been knocked off the road and the driver left the bike was mangled in the bush about 10 feet away. Ambulance came and left with her and I don't even know if she was alright :/

WAAAAGH Dragblud
W: 22 D: 6 L: 13

Space marines: Krakens Fury! (TBF)
W: 0 D: 0 L: 0
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-19-12, 02:00 AM

Iron Angel's Flag is: USA

Death is a natural part of life. While some passage may be more violent than others, and all too often such things come before what seems like the proper time, we must remember that the shrill echoes of death come for us all at some point. Rather than fear the inevitable end, embrace that such end is going to come. Once you accept that, death no longer has the power of fear over you. The only way to truly defeat death is to welcome its passing, and walk with him as he gingerly takes your hand, head held high, proud and satisfied that the life you led was one that made the world a better place. Die with dignity, and with dignity you will be remembered. in the end, that is the most any of us can hope for.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-12, 05:17 PM
experiment 626's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragblud da scrunka View Post
I won't ever forget a few years ago I was on holiday and we were driving back to our campsite from the local town and we turned up this small village on the outskirts and my dad stopped an pulled over and this poor woman had been hit off her bicycle by a vehicle and she was in the middle of the road by herself no one around so me and my dad ran out and we talked to her and rang 999 and just had to make her stay still she was in so much pain and so confused I don't think I could ever forget that just the fact that she had been knocked off the road and the driver left the bike was mangled in the bush about 10 feet away. Ambulance came and left with her and I don't even know if she was alright :/
My dad was rear-ended by another moterist on his drive home from work a couple years ago. Luckily it wasn't a serious collision, but the other driver drove off after hitting my dad's SUV, which ment my dad had to go into the nearest police detachment & report the accident as it had left some solid dents and a broken tail light on our Jimmy.
He was able to get the licence plate of the idiot who'd hit him, filled out all the paperwork with the officer who was helping him and finally got home by about 7:45/8pm! (my mum was worried sick when my dad called home from the police station!)
We got phone call from the officer who'd taken my dad's report a few days later. They caught the driver, who was under suspension, driving not-his-own car and didn't have any drivers insurance!
The cop was actually kinda laughing and told my dad, "yep, this guy is pretty screwed!"

I've been bitten by a black widow spider myself which wasn't much fun...

But luckily though, my immediate family has managed to avoid any messy deaths and so far everyone's lived to a decent age and gone fairly peacefully.

Last edited by experiment 626; 07-20-12 at 05:23 PM.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-12, 06:16 PM

King Gary's Flag is: Wales

I'd have to say the hardest experience I've gone through though, was having to be an "Adult Representative" to a young man that I used to look after (I'm a care worker, he had special needs) as he was being charged with the offence of downloading, well, the type of images that get you arrested. That's not something that I'd want to go through again.

My Complete DA collection

That's me breathing fire in my avatar, my aim was a bit off to start but i got all those orks in the end!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-23-12, 04:03 PM

My hardest experience was when I was in highschool. I was on my bike coming up to a crossroads once I reached them I glanced up and saw a van coming too close for anyone to walk across, now me being the impatient jackass I am shot across the road with about 10 feet to spare. The girl who was texting on the pavement next to me saw me go and followed without looking and it hit her, hard. She was in a wheelchair for the next few months, she also happened to be in my class. I think she still blames me for it...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode