President Obama - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-18-08, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cccp View Post
its also illegal to die in the house of lords.

well, you learn something new every day.
wat the hell if u die will the charge u or something like that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-18-08, 10:19 AM

koppo's Flag is: England

No, they take your body outside and pronounce you dead there instead.

Your mother cooks socks in Hull!!
If somthing is worth doing, it's worth taking too far, "We set our motley puppets on the clouds and call them gods...","Ah! Now we see the violence inherent in the system!" "Come see the violence inherent in the system!" "HELP HELP! I AM BEING REPRESSED!"

"Quick! Poke it up her "wrongun" before it's to late!" Jezlad
post #53 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-18-08, 04:58 PM
Ex Mod.

cccp's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos vince View Post
. the differance between McCain and obama is that mccain is actualy capable of forming educated opinions on military situations due to the fact that he's been in them, not opinions based on the idealistic view of a man that has never been in combat. other than that look at each parties agenda cause thats probly the line each canidate will push to keep his support in the house and senate
if you remember i asked for an actual answer to my question. remember this forum is for 'intelligent' conversation. its not hard, really.

Last edited by cccp; 06-18-08 at 05:02 PM.
post #54 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-19-08, 12:38 AM

Vrykolas2k's Flag is: USA

Here's your sign...

http://www.ontheissues.org/default.htm

That link is non-partisan, and while some things are slightly misleading due to brevity, they'll give you all you need to know about each pundit.

Vae victus.

"Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your damned BOOK!"
-Patton

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.
post #55 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-19-08, 01:16 AM

loyalist42's Flag is: USA

Here's my take on the candidates...

Obama and McCain are about as different as the US political system allows two candidates to be...not only in their stances on issues, but also in their relationship to their respective parties. McCain's coming off as fairly conservative at this point, whilst simulataneously trying to distance himself from Bush. I don't find that overly convincing.

Obama, on the other hand, did something that impressed the hell out of me. Just after Clinton announced the impending suspension of her campaign, Obama flat out dictated to the Democratic Party that they would not accept money from Political Action Committees and lobbyists...essentially continuing his policy of running a campaign on individual donations (which are carefully restricted to relatively low dollar amounts under campaign finance law). This makes him much less beholden to various organizations for a victory, and thus much more independent than any candidate has been over the last few decades.

The other big issue I see is the war. McCain has stated flat out that he won't pull out until 'the job's done,' a process that he has admitted could take decades. Obama, on the other hand, supports immediate withdrawal of US troops. Make of those positons what you will...

As for the 'experience issue,' with all due respect, McCain has exactly as much experience running a country as Obama does...absolutely none. It's an entirely different job from serving in the military or on the Senate. In my mind, there's absolutely no 'issue' at all.

Finally, I won't ever claim Obama isn't a career politician. He comes from Illinois, and Chicago politics have long been considered some of the roughest in the country. He's good at what he does; it seems to me he's as idealistic as it's possible to be whilst still coming from the Illinois arena. In the interests of full disclosure, Obama's got my vote. I think this country's a hell of a lot better prepared for a black president than it is for another disaster like we've faced for the last eight years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navar89
if I hang out with you any more I just might pick up 40K...You, sir, are dangerous.

Holy shit, I've a plog again!
post #56 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-19-08, 03:51 AM

i could not have said it better
post #57 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-19-08, 04:26 AM

DarKKKKK's Flag is: USA

Im surprised Bush isnt allowed to go outside because of worrying about assassination from either terrorists or our own citizens because of the pure hatred against him. Obama should be fine, a couple of haters because of the usual racisists, but your always gonna have them anywhere you go.

My vote has to be for Obama because Bush ruined the Republicans for me, I cant trust any of them now.

"There is no peace among the stars, only an eternity of slaughter and the laughter of thirsting gods."

Last edited by DarKKKKK; 06-19-08 at 04:29 AM.
post #58 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-19-08, 04:33 AM

Vrykolas2k's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKKKKK View Post
Im surprised Bush isnt allowed to go outside because of worrying about assassination from either terrorists or our own citizens because of the pure hatred against him. Obama should be fine, a couple of haters because of the usual racisists, but your always gonna have them anywhere you go.

My vote has to be for Obama because Bush ruined the Republicans for me, I cant trust any of them now.

Actually, aside from a few wild-eyed liberals who don't like the idea of the 2nd amendment anyway, I don't know anyone who hate the president that much. That being the case, he's less likely to be assassinated than some other presidents we've had.

Vae victus.

"Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your damned BOOK!"
-Patton

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.
post #59 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-19-08, 04:38 AM

loyalist42's Flag is: USA

Erm...let's not go there. Seriously. BIIIG change in topic. Have an e-beer instead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navar89
if I hang out with you any more I just might pick up 40K...You, sir, are dangerous.

Holy shit, I've a plog again!
post #60 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-19-08, 04:45 AM

DarKKKKK's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyalist42 View Post
Erm...let's not go there. Seriously. BIIIG change in topic. Have an e-beer instead!

sweet
an e-beer sounds good

hey ev..everyone.........mere.......ha..ha..have...... ..an e-beer

sorry, had to have some fun, back on topic everyone

"There is no peace among the stars, only an eternity of slaughter and the laughter of thirsting gods."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode