The Heretics Talk To Games Workshop - Page 13 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 134 (permalink) Old 07-11-12, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

the point about product future product releases is a total crock of shit, loads of plcs make the customer base aware of up coming products well in advance of there release.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 134 (permalink) Old 07-11-12, 10:26 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
the point about product future product releases is a total crock of shit, loads of plcs make the customer base aware of up coming products well in advance of there release.
Yes, at the time of their choosing.

Really guys did you expect any other sort of response? Polite but quite clearly, "thanks for your comments but we've got this".
post #123 of 134 (permalink) Old 07-11-12, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

no this was the brush off we all expected and predicted, but we tried.
I was commenting on the fact that they chose to lie and use the stock exchange as the reason for not letting the fan base know whats around the corner, Forge world is part of the same plc and are happy to share its future releases, infact in less than a week im sure we will know what they are working on for the forseeable future at the FW open day, we are big enough and ugly enough to be told we dont tell you anything any more because you all keep buying quick and dirty resin copies of our IP from people who so far we have been unable to stop because of our lax legal team and there hobby approach to IP protection outside of the EU.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

Last edited by bitsandkits; 07-11-12 at 02:39 PM.
post #124 of 134 (permalink) Old 07-11-12, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
It's not in a personal letter, they can make a press release about a product line but that cannot just email a guy and tell him something no one else knows. Thems the rules.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
post #125 of 134 (permalink) Old 07-31-12, 01:45 PM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

It's clear to me that they are not terribly interested in gaming communities - they would much rather we all played in our respective basements against the same handful of people all the time.
post #126 of 134 (permalink) Old 07-31-12, 03:27 PM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingElessar View Post
It's clear to me that they are not terribly interested in gaming communities - they would much rather we all played in our respective basements against the same handful of people all the time.
That I would dispute. The Gaming Club Network is something they support in a big way. GW does a lot to try and support gaming communities (ones that play WH) - at least they do on this side of the Pond. I can't comment on the US, but then, GW is UK based. Talk to Memphis for why they don't support them over there.

Also, they are a business, with their own outlets and gaming facilities. Of course they are going to support gaming communities that utilise those facilities more than other ones. It's good business sense to encourage people to come into your own stores.

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff

Last edited by SilverTabby; 07-31-12 at 03:30 PM.
post #127 of 134 (permalink) Old 08-01-12, 12:50 AM
I Piss in your Cheerios

To some extent. People coming in and playing is free and sometimes good advertising - but not half as good as people painting, and new players coming in to learn to play is far more important to the business.

GW historically does do plenty to support gaming communities, at least in name, but the ethos of 6th ed 40k and 8e WFB are so anti-competitive play, as is the Throne of Skulls 'tournament' that their actions speak much louder then lip service.
post #128 of 134 (permalink) Old 08-01-12, 01:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
GW historically does do plenty to support gaming communities, at least in name, but the ethos of 6th ed 40k and 8e WFB are so anti-competitive play, as is the Throne of Skulls 'tournament' that their actions speak much louder then lip service.
Thing is tho' I'm not sure sure tournaments really represent the bulk of the Warhammer Community?

Certainly down my way we see tourneys as a chance to "network" with other clubs and have a few games. The REAL hobby is more about the fun times at the usual club meets.

6th Ed has been a big hit with us because of the new cinematic focus.
post #129 of 134 (permalink) Old 08-01-12, 01:21 AM
I Piss in your Cheerios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie_Oz View Post
Thing is tho' I'm not sure sure tournaments really represent the bulk of the Warhammer Community?

Certainly down my way we see tourneys as a chance to "network" with other clubs and have a few games. The REAL hobby is more about the fun times at the usual club meets.

6th Ed has been a big hit with us because of the new cinematic focus.
That's certainly GW's angle. Personally, I think it isn't true.
post #130 of 134 (permalink) Old 08-01-12, 02:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
That's certainly GW's angle. Personally, I think it isn't true.
Forgive me if I look at it from the point of view that GW knows it's market better than anyone else.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode