Favourite Books/Series? - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-11-17, 07:35 PM

Loki1416's Flag is: USA

The Remaining series by D.J. Moles. Post apocalyptic with zombies. Really good story line and characters that you like to read about (and a few you'll grow to hate which is their purpose). If you like this type of setting, then do yourself a favor.

There was a series I read a long time ago that I am having a hard time finding again. Story was about a guy named Gary who was transported to Tir na Nog to help with some problems they had. Was a really good fantasy read and would love to find them again. But for the life of me I can't remember the name of the books or the author.

Update:
I've now read all of Wheel of Time books. I'm still critical of the whole immature attitude of pretty much everyone. As I said before, really made the reading a struggle. But I did really enjoy the story and would recommend it to anyone.

Also finished off the Skullduggery series (and the Demon Road trilogy and the Tanith Low standalone). Fantastic series! Wish I would have discovered these sooner as they were a very fun read. Biggest complaint being that there isn't more to read!

The Iron druid chronicles released another book. Now that I've read the SP series, I can say these books are a LOT like the SP books. Easy, fun to read with a lot of humor mixed in.

Finished off all of Joe Abercrombie's books and man are these freaking good! Would highly recommend these!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-11-17, 09:37 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

I'm almost finished all the Malazan books by both Steven Erickson and Ian Esselmont. These books have shot straight into no. 1 for me. They leave anything by Martin, Feist or Jordan in the ha'penny place. Brilliant story, excellent characters, and his dialogue is a match even for Pratchett.
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-01-17, 10:55 PM

Loki1416's Flag is: USA

Update:
Read the Demon cycle books by Peter V. Brett (Warded man, desert spear, etc.). Skipped the 4th book after reading the reviews about how it's all about side characters and doesn't advance the plot and am waiting for the 5th book that comes out in march. The story was fantastic. His writting was great and the story was easy to slid into. However, by the time I finished the 3rd book, it really felt to me like a sex starved 15 year old was writting the story. Sex was so wrapped up into the story that it really made the books a slog. If I had bought a romance novel, then fine, I know what I'm getting. All that being said, I would rate the books (collectively) 5/10.

Started the Malazan series and after 200 pages, I'm just not enjoying the read. The one guy always talking in 3rd person really annoying as hell. I will come back to it eventually.

Picked up Joe Abercrombie's "Half a" series. "Half a King" was a pretty good read, but short. Am currently working on the second one. The first took me a day to read.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction > Non-GW Book Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode