Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - Reply to Topic
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

Thread: Spartan II's VS space marines? Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
06-09-13 11:05 AM
nate187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
Why I let myself get sucked into these I'll never know, but this is by far the stupidest one.

More agile and likely as strong......You clearly have no idea how insanely fast and strong Astartes are. I've always liked this quote from Know No Fear to really show just how fast an Astartes reactions are, nothing I've played or seen shows the Spartans to have even remotely comparable reflexes.
AWESOME!!!! KNOW NO FEAR lol what an epic call forgot never knew how awesome that line was till some one else spelt it out to me.

P.S pity about the result.
06-09-13 10:20 AM
locustgate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock in Training View Post
Even though I been gone a near year, Vaz still hates these threads lol.

Somethings never change. Like these Who would win threads.
You and Vaz are part of these threads. There ALWAYS has to be one who says "I will kill the first _insert something_ I see if I see another one of these" and one who says "These threads are (always the same/just like the last one)"
06-08-13 10:24 PM
Warlock in Training
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
I swear I'm going to kill the first puppy I see next time I see a "who would win thread".
Even though I been gone a near year, Vaz still hates these threads lol.

Somethings never change. Like these Who would win threads.
06-01-13 02:55 AM
Protoss119 What's also worth remembering is that Spartan IIs are fond of spawncamping with snipers, so if by some chance they do kill a Space Marine, they can just keep killing him every time he respawns until he ragequits.
05-31-13 10:11 PM
ntaw These threads are so great to read.
05-31-13 09:55 PM
MEQinc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
It is not my fault in any way if your knowledge of the Halo Mythos is limited purely to the digital games, there is a plethora of licensed books on the series.
I don't deny that, I'm just not interested in reading them. If you want to sight some, then do so, if you want to criticize my literary choices, then eat a dick pavlova.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathJester921 View Post
Where as spartans being too fast for a space marine to track is a bunch of shit, in the books, they can indeed run much faster than normal humans. They are capable of running about 55 km/h outside of their armor with Kelly being able to run a little faster. Inside their armor, their movement speed is increased. Kelly's increased to 62 km/h. In a training exercise (where his life was put on the line because of a jackass admiral wanting to truly test out their abilities and hopefully kill him in the process), John was able to briefly run at 105 km/h but tore his achilles tendon because it wasn't able to endure the stress.
Thanks DeathJester. That's not remotely ridiculous. It's also roughly equal to the speed of a Space Marine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
All takings from the book are canon as long as they do not discredit the showings in the games, that is how multiple levels of canon work when operating with one another.

So tell me, what exactly is it you are trying to convey but are apparently confounded by, due to a lack on abstract processing?
The games depict Master Chiefs movement speeds a particular way (as I outlined in my last post). You say (and do not support) that the novels depict them differently. However, as you state earlier (as quoted by darkreever) the games are a higher canon. As you state now the books are only canon when they do not discredit the game. Therefore the movement speeds show in the game are accurate and canon, while those depicted in the books are not. "Abstract processing" has nothing to do with it. Logic does, which I think is why you are having trouble with it. I am here to assist thee my fellow... entity.
05-31-13 07:34 AM
Troll king Lux no mortal no matter what you think spartan is still mortal no mortal can pick up a fecking bane blade now if you still wanna argue on that point I got another......... Titan...... Don't even think of saying that spartan can pick it up .....

Cause I will find you


Trolololololol
05-31-13 01:41 AM
MontytheMighty Space marines have better stats in almost all departments

Given equal numbers and an even playing field, I see space marines stomping 9/10
05-30-13 11:55 PM
darkreever No complaints from me, I find it to be completely hilarious.
05-30-13 11:55 PM
Jacobite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The spartans would in all likelihood would pick up the enemy baneblades, thunderhawks and start wielding them as melee weapons against the astartes,
Is that while they are also launching fire balls from their asses?

Seriously do you even read the "facts" (read that as bollacks) you post? A spartan who is what 8 foot tall if going to wield a thunderhawk which is over 26 meters long as a melee weapon?

That explains why a punch from a Spartan sends a grunt flying into outer atmosphere then...
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome