|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|05-04-13 01:33 AM|
|scscofield||Since it was canceled shortly after it was launched your not the only one that thought so IR.|
|04-24-13 03:07 AM|
I don't like to harsh anyone's dreams, but paying to watch videos made by a man with the charisma of a turnip. . . Not for me.
It just seems like anything he could hope to be doing is already being done by beasts of war, and as BoW are in TTN, their content is pretty much always going to be fresher and a wider variety.
|04-24-13 02:22 AM|
Wargaming live by Darrell Dobbin
This is going to be a wargaming website that will broadcast live battle reports and many other live and recorded gaming activities.
Launched: Apr 23, 2013
Funding ends: May 23, 2013
What it this project. This is a website that will will be running seven different series of shows on all aspects of wargaming, role playing and table top games. This is season one. Season one will run for 6 months. This will include recorded content as well as live. We will also be covering events such as conventions and tournaments across the UK, Europe and North America. This will all be live by June 2013. You can chat to Darrell in person at Huddersfield games this weekend 27-28 April 2013. http://www.huddersfield-games.com/
.Challenges. Because all our presenters are top level gamers,the public will be able to challenge any of us at our chosen game. We will prove our metal for all the world to see. We will not be lecturing you on how to play and win these games without being able to prove that we can do it. I can go onto any forum and listen to idiots tell me how they always win. Let's see it live.I personally will issue challenges to all those other presenters to come and play me at Warhammer 40000. They are all good at lecturing but I don't think that any of them dare face a proper tournament winning player.
What shows will you be doing.
1. Live battles. On a regular basis you can watch battles between some of the best players around. There will be a series of 12 live battles over the first season of wargaming live.
2. Battle reports. Watch the games we all love being played each week. This could be Warhammer 40000, Warhammer Fantasy, Flames of war, Infinity, Warmachine, Hordes etc. There will be a series of 24 battle reports over the first season of wargaming live.
3. Gaming tactics. We will be showing you tactics and strategies for all our favourite games, Warhammer 40000, Warhammer Fantasy, Flames of war, Infinity, Warmachine, Hordes etc. There will be a series of over 100 game tactics shows in the first season of wargaming live.
4. Product reviews. We will be critically looking at all the new wargaming releases plus some of those things that may have passed you by. I can't number these shows because I dont know how many products we will be covering.
5. Painting videos. I have two award winning painters who will show you all the the tricks of the trade. We will also be showing you how to paint an army in a weekend with our speed painting techniques. There will be a series of 24 shows on painting in the first season of wargaming live.
6. Army building. We will show you how to build a competitive army. We will look at the army lists we get sent in. There will be a series of 50 shows on all aspects of army building in the first season of wargaming live.
7. Terrain Building. We will be showing you how to build terrain out of random things you find lying around you house. There will be a series of 24 shows on terrain building in the first season of wargaming live.
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
The main risk here is getting the viewer numbers. I have the studio space sorted I have the team to build and manage the website all lined up and ready to go. All I need is the viewers to make the website viable. As I already well known in the industry I don't see it as a problem. This will not prevent production or fulfilment of of any of the merchandise rewards (t-shirts, calls etc.) The timeline for delivery is not written in stone. It may be sooner than I've projected because of the variables. But will not be later than June 2013