|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|09-24-13 07:50 AM|
Finally got around to completing the paper version of the above plate. Scaled really well as long as I loose some stomach fat :o
It is a smaller plate than the minature shows, but I could not move properly if it did go as low as it depicts. I need to make a lsight amendmant to the unfold as the very centre is extermly intricate and a single piece will nullify this.
Now I just need to build 2 of these in card.
Next design is the chestplate and also the full back piece.
|09-03-13 06:22 AM|
I have been doing other things and have neglected to progress the armour at all.
Fortunatly one of the things I have been doing is some work on learning how to hard surface model better. So I pulled thi thogether last night in about an hour.
I not 100% happy with the result, but it looks good enough I think. I have made a fold out (needs to be tidied up) and will build this and then make any adjustments. Then its onto the chest plate.
And it will be a normal Firedragon I think. The exarch's helmet looks far too complex.
|07-31-13 09:17 PM|
|son of azurman||Will this be normal or exarch fire dreagon|
|07-30-13 12:18 PM|
|Sethis||These things are heavy enough even without filling the spaces! I'd suggest some kind of strap arrangement instead of filling the conical space with anything (which will also cause a lot of sweating). It'll be a little more fiddly to do, but in the long run it'll be much lighter and more comfortable when you wear it.|
|07-29-13 09:36 AM|
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
It fits his head perfectly, but due to the hollow point it slides down and needs something to fill the cone area once it has been completed.
|07-29-13 09:29 AM|
|Sethis||Hey, very nice! Am still keeping an eye on how it's progressing, and will really enjoy seeing the finished product!|
|07-03-13 02:19 PM|
|Dave T Hobbit||
Originally Posted by humakt View Post
|07-03-13 01:55 PM|
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
I started designing the plakart last night. Just the base shape to start with before I add an uber six pack
|07-02-13 12:14 PM|
|DeathKlokk||I thoroughly enjoy how insane you are, Humakt!|
|07-02-13 07:12 AM|
Originally Posted by Iron Angel View Post
Here are some more pictures of the completed paper builds.
Firstly here is the cuis or thigh armour. The one on the left is my first attempt at a correctly scaled piece. I noticed the lower stud is going to get in the way and the raised section on the outer thigh was too complex a model. So I had some adjustments to do. I also took advice form a person who makes 'real' medieval armour and the inner thigh was too high and would cause problems walking around, so I lowered this in comparison to the rest of the armour. This piece is slighly loose which is good as it will be slightly thicker on the inside once the fibre glasss is added. The results from these changes are on the right. All studs will be added as resin casts as this will be easier to do.
Next up is a very poor picture of the greaves. Its hard to get a decent picture and I am going to build a former the shape of my leg for when I add the resin. This way I can keep it in shape so it will fit when it is finished.
Finally I have been working on the helmet for revilo44's ranger costume. I took a rip of a guardian model from DOW. Once in blender it was a real mess. It took me a while to remove all duplicated vectors and normalise the model. I then fiddles with the way the ear stud were attached and came up with a nice fold out. I scaled it very badly and you can see the right hand model is pretty big. In fact our dog can almost fit into the entire thing. I then did some scaling nd got the second left hand build. This is slightly too small, but is pretty damn close. Hopefully thrid time will be the charm. The hardest thing is defenitly the scaling of things.
I have now given up trying to make the sabaton for my feet. They are just too tricky to get right and don't warrent any more time. I have an idea on how to get the feet looking correct which I will detail later when I get that far.
So its just a case of printing and building right hand leg pieces, scaling and building a new ranger helmet and completing the knee pad. Once I have done these its out with the resin to get these things stiffened up ready for some fibre glass.
|This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|