|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|02-23-13 09:00 PM|
Depends. If you want more than 5 guys you'll need the Veterans. If you want 5, then the Command Squad loses nothing and just gains options for the Standard Bearer and Apothecary.
|02-23-13 08:40 PM|
Thanks for the advice, and I look forward to the tactica. Do you think I would be better off using a command squad then to save a FOC slot?
I will be putting together enough to field either a Tri-Wing or pure Ravenwing force and had thought to stick them in a Razorback, LasPLas.
|02-23-13 08:22 PM|
I'm working on a huge Codex Analysis at the moment (about halfway through), but here are my initial thoughts:
1. Sgt - Bolt Pistol/CCW or Bolter. Possibly combi-weapon if you're intending to stay ranged.
- Power Weapon/Meltabombs
- Lightning Claw/Stormbolter or Combi
- Power Fist
Don't bother with dual melee weapons, and I'd only advise taking any of those in larger point games where you may actually need your Vet Sgts to accept challenges or put hurt on stronger units. Most of the time (90%) I'd say stay bare bones or combi-weapon.
2. Depends. Do you play Greenwing, Tri-wing, or what? In most cases they're going to be retinues for non-mounted and non-terminator armoured HQs. Don't bother using them as tank-hunters (Ravenwing's job), or CC beasts (Deathwing's job). Thus, it depends what HQ they're with as to what loadout they take. A Librarian with Divination for example, is best supported by a squad with lots of plasma or melta. By comparison a Company Master or Interrogator Chaplain is going to want a mix of Power Weapons, maybe a melta for good measure, and Storm Shields if you don't want to get a Power Field Generator.
Like I said, more detail when I finish this tactica.
|02-23-13 07:44 PM|
1. Boltguns and Bolt Pistols.
2. 4 Plasma Guns or 4 Meltaguns, mount up in a Rhino or PLasback as a bodyguard for a Librarian.
|02-23-13 11:06 AM|
Dark Angels Vets & Vet Sargeants.
I have a couple of questions;
1. What weapons are worthwile for Tactical units Veteran Sargeants?
2. What can I use my Elite DA Vet squad for to get the best from them? (CC, Tank buster, mixed)
Thanks in advance.