Who are the people in your neighborhood! - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
New Member Introductions The place for new members to introduce themselves, ask questions and be welcomed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 234 (permalink) Old 04-06-08, 10:39 PM

pyroanarchist's Flag is: USA

Oh my, field trip to Coshocton?!? Your school must've been a bunch of cheap arse's. This town has less life in it than the road kill I passed today. Its one big retirement home is what it is. No jobs, lots of pharmacies, and Historical Roscoe Village.

Anyway, enough of that rant. If you get a chance to head this way or you wanna try to schedule something just pm me. I'm usually not on here from Mon-Wed though, I don't work on those days so I'm not online much.

Blood for the Blood God!

Brass Scorpion Project
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 234 (permalink) Old 04-07-08, 04:41 AM

DarthIbis's Flag is: USA

I've lived here in Charlotte, the "Queen City of the South," for just over three years now.
We had a GW corporate store in our Mills mall that closed down about the time I moved here. For being an area with just under 2 million people in the metro area, we have a relatively few places where one can play Warhammer. A couple hobby shops sell it as an afterthought, one other is more into MTG and Pokemon so he just has some 40k stuff as a courtesy, and two are there pretty much war-gaming every night... one fantasy and one 40k.

I am very glad that I found the place where I go now. It's a little bit of a drive because I live in the sticks, but worth it. They sell all their GW stuff for a discount, so it's better than mail-order.

It's mainly "older" guys who play there... guys in their 30's as far as I know. (I'm 35, so I guess I fit in with the crowd.) There are also a group of loyalist school-aged kids that come in and they are quite the wild bunch.

@ Loyalist,
I'm pretty sure that Philly is East and Chicago is West of you. (Sorry, geography geek in me made me do it.)
post #13 of 234 (permalink) Old 04-07-08, 05:58 AM

loyalist42's Flag is: USA

hehe, yeah...i was a little out of it when i posted that....*runs off to bed and collapses*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navar89
if I hang out with you any more I just might pick up 40K...You, sir, are dangerous.

Holy shit, I've a plog again!

post #14 of 234 (permalink) Old 04-07-08, 03:28 PM

DarthIbis's Flag is: USA

That's alright... I was chatting with a guy on another board and he thought he was on the east coast ('cause we were talking about time zone difference between here and UK) but he was in Washington State.

I was like, "dude, add three hours to what we just said."
post #15 of 234 (permalink) Old 04-07-08, 03:36 PM

The hobby in my town has a shop were loads of people go to play I swear London Ont. has a huge amount of players.
post #16 of 234 (permalink) Old 04-09-08, 01:53 PM

v.rius's Flag is: United Kingdom

i live in an area where not many people can afford warhammer 40,000 so literally i am the only one in like a mile radius to have warhammer, i always lend them to other people as i have too many...

everyone, listen, whenever there is a light in the dark, it is the Emperor of mankind, but when there is a dark in the light, then, it is the towering form of one of the chaos gods, preferably khorne!!!
post #17 of 234 (permalink) Old 04-10-08, 01:33 PM

Usaal's Flag is: Canada

I am here in Halifax Nova Scotia, not a bad gaming scene here I guess, we have 3 main comic book stores that have coverd our needs well for a long time.
Then came the GW store 3 years ago and now we have a nice place with about 5 full size tables, 2 4x4 tables and 2 4 seater painting tables. It has helped the gaming around here grow arround here alot. Parents will actuly go into this store and buy stuff for the kids they were scared of the comic store I think hehe.

Only problem with them is that once they came into town, the GW distribuiter stoped selling to the local store I went to (Mirror Universe comics and hobbies). The wanted to basicly foce customers to go to the GW store for stuff. Now MU has since shut down so my group and I have started at the local GW store. Dont get me wrong it is a great store and the guys working there are all great. They did not make the choice to stop selling to the little guys so we don't hold it against them.

Long story short, Gaming is good, you can go in and find a game when ever you want basicly.
post #18 of 234 (permalink) Old 04-14-08, 10:26 AM

Coventry UK. weekends has a lot of 10-16 years olds who are preaty cool really when you get to know them. I go mostly during the week now due to work and college and then its mostly students from cov uni. Its a good store which is soon to move to a bigger store. Lots of events are hole there and the staff are always useful and will chat about almost anythink ^^. could be seen more as freinds than shop keepers.
post #19 of 234 (permalink) Old 04-14-08, 02:01 PM

Tigirus's Flag is: Canada

I game here in Winnipeg and It's not to bad I guess, we got plenty of stores that sell warhammer and that but most of the people that play it are in hiding
post #20 of 234 (permalink) Old 04-20-08, 06:13 AM

I'm from Washington State and am just getting started. I have some friends from school who are pretty into it and there are gw shops nearby where they go along with a good indy shop. We have enough terrain to play a game with 4 ~1000 armies.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Welcome to Heresy-Online > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode