Who are the people in your neighborhood! - Page 11 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
New Member Introductions The place for new members to introduce themselves, ask questions and be welcomed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 234 (permalink) Old 02-24-09, 01:37 AM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

I forgot to mention I game at the Gamers Guild in Clarksville Tn and at The Danger Room in Anderson In prior to that. I have VampBoi and GreatDevouer as local player, I know there are others but that are the only ones who are active. We have a nice, large store that stocks a lot of thing and have a TON of tables to play!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 234 (permalink) Old 03-01-09, 10:04 PM

I live in Coventry and although there are plenty of GW store, no one seems to play.

So annoying
post #103 of 234 (permalink) Old 03-19-09, 01:02 AM

im from rockland, maine in the USA. got around ten players nearby that i know of. unfortunately, we have had 2 stores open and close on us here. the closest shop is over an hour away but doesnt do regularly scheduled events.

post #104 of 234 (permalink) Old 04-01-09, 12:18 AM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

I play primarily in my local GW store, or at QUB DragonSlayers, so if you live in NI and are a regular at either of those, I probably already know you! If you live in NI but DON'T, why not?!?! lol
Both have a great atmosphere, great craic is had every day of the week, and unlike in some of these other descriptions of UK stores, the staff are great. They weren't always...but they've all left (voluntarily or no)
post #105 of 234 (permalink) Old 04-06-09, 04:56 PM

karlhunt's Flag is: USA

I'm in Dover Delaware, USA. When I got here, in January of 09, the first thing I did was look up the nearest GW shop and head over there. Much to my dismay it had gone out of business. It took me two months to find a local comic book store where somone had even heard of Warhammer. I asked him where all the games were and was told that everyone had gone underground for some unknown reason. So basically I'm on my own. I have slowly gotten the owner of that comic book store to start playing and I have pulled one more from work in. Basically I have gone from a dedicated every Tuesday night with 20+ gamers with beautiful terain and great looking armies to 3 guys in a back room with nothing painted and no terrain except what I've thrown together (praise the gods for GW's terrain line). Still, our group will grow so if you are in this area contact me and we will get this going again!

C'mon, Click my Daemon. You know you want to.
post #106 of 234 (permalink) Old 04-08-09, 02:07 PM

Stuntiesrule's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitoryorei View Post
im from rockland, maine in the USA. got around ten players nearby that i know of. unfortunately, we have had 2 stores open and close on us here. the closest shop is over an hour away but doesnt do regularly scheduled events.
I know it is a bit of a drive but Game Geeks in South Portland right off the turnpike usually has at least one person willing to play and has a tourney at least once a month.

Please Help Level My Daemons. See which one will level faster, will Papa Nurgle get his way, or will the Prince of Pleasure rule?
post #107 of 234 (permalink) Old 04-08-09, 02:10 PM

Stuntiesrule's Flag is: USA

South Portland Maine USA. My local store usually drags in 10 but has had over 30 people playing in tournies. most of the players play both WHFB and 40k so depending on the mood of the owner we have leagues and tournies for both. Fantasy fridays are cool some of us get together friday mornings just to roll dice (which never happens in the morning since we trash talk each other until about 2 in the afternoon). Also apocalypse every sunday is cool never get through to many turns but always nice to bust out a ton of well painted minis and pit them in epic battle.

Please Help Level My Daemons. See which one will level faster, will Papa Nurgle get his way, or will the Prince of Pleasure rule?
post #108 of 234 (permalink) Old 04-15-09, 09:09 PM

MR.snugglekinz's Flag is: USA

my names sean, i live in brighton, MI. i usually play at the west oaks GW or a hobby store in another town.
i usually play with:
shane and justin, friends from school, playing tau
pat, friend from school, plays IG
my friends matt and steven both playing choas and SM
Jermemy, my cousin, plays necron
where all young compaired to the people around our GW...
anyway, yeah...not much else to say...

post #109 of 234 (permalink) Old 04-19-09, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntiesrule View Post
I know it is a bit of a drive but Game Geeks in South Portland right off the turnpike usually has at least one person willing to play and has a tourney at least once a month.
good to know, thanks. i go to crossroad games in sebago sometimes. also, warzone in bangor.

i wanna open a store here myself. i think i can make it work. the others only failed due to the owners (seemed to me) loss of interest.
post #110 of 234 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 05:00 AM

I just started getting into the tabletop and my first army should arrive soon for me to assemble and paint. I live in Sunnyvale, CA

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Welcome to Heresy-Online > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode