Deepstriking into the anoos of Heresy Online - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
New Member Introductions The place for new members to introduce themselves, ask questions and be welcomed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-10, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

Cynik's Flag is: England

Deepstriking into Heresy Online

"As the deafening storm rages on over Heresy-Online's capital planet, Horus. The populace run for cover as the planets surface drowns and collapses all around them. Cities washed away mercilessly by the whim of the cruel yet clearly time rich god's who in their anger inflict mountain high tidal waves to cleanse the heretics of Horus.

Though, some, in their deep love for humanity have helped those who cannot help themselves and barricaded themselves in an elemental proof citadel which hovers over the drowning cities.

As a result, their faith and love is rewarded. From a distance, a faint clearance in the elemental battlefield of the sky can be seen. As the clouds clash and spit at each other with thunder and lightning a single object blazes through it all, crashing through with the Imperial Aquilla a single drop pod descends from the heavens towards the floating citadel.

The millions of survivors inside the citadel rejoice for the idea that the emperor had not forgotten them. As the pod nears the citadel attempting to land itself gracefully it instead veers off to the edge of the landing pad and scatters with a thunderous impact into one of the 3 main thrusters of the citadel causing it to fail and implode into the citadel.

The Imperial pod however retains its dignity and manages to land itself on a mountain top a mile off from the citadel, not without leaving a giant scar in the form of a crater beneath itself.

As the doors flips open and crashes onto the snow filled crater, a smug prat from Nottingham walks out and claims "flying is all in the wrist" as a flaming citadel crashes into the flooded cities a mile off behind him."

Sorry for the lengthy introduction which can be avoided/ignored as it is a titan wall of text for the average internet goer . Though reading it would help the atmos of the much briefer introduction of myself here.

I'm from Nottingham (England), have been into GW since '95. I stopped playing in '04 though in that time I did have an ultra vanilla, ultramarines army and my brother collected a space wolves/ork army.

Coming back after so long and having lost my army, I've come back at the age of 22 to give it another solid go.

I haven't got an army and I am looking at one that is fairly competitive at the top level.

I've even started making my own 4x6 terrain table (city of deathisque look), using dry sand, PVA, black acrylic paint and an 18mm thick plywood board. It's looking pretty good so far and is generally what I'm working on at the moment, making craters, puddles, ruined roads etc. I bought the 'Honoured Imperium' set as well which I've put together, base sprayed (chaos black) and will begin painting when I get some paint.

Anyways, glad to be here, love the community from ghost reading the forums for a week, a great source of information which helped me get to where I am on my first terrain table (the one I'm working on now).

Cynik out!

Last edited by Cynik; 04-26-10 at 10:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-10, 07:05 PM
Semi-Famous 40k Intellect

Commissar Ploss's Flag is: USA

welcome aboard mate, glad to have you with us. I hope you'll post some pics of your army as well as the gaming table you are working on. I'd love to see both.

cheers

Commissar Ploss

The Founding Fields

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-10, 07:32 PM

Dagmire's Flag is: United Kingdom

What an entrance.
look forwards to hearign more from you.
D

Please listen to my PODCAST

http://www.theoverlords.co.uk/podcast/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaraknarn
This unholy amalgum of womanly sexiness with unfathomable macho should never have been created. Birth rates will plummit, the entire male population will be turned, women kind everywhere will cry desperately to ravished, but no man will heed the call except Dagmire himself. Perhaps this has been Dagmires plan all along. . . . . .

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-10, 07:37 PM

juddski's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
What an entrance.
i agree with dagmire

+rep for the intro

hello and welcome to hersey online Cynik

any chance of posting some pics of your terrain??

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-10, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

Cynik's Flag is: England

Thanks lads for the warm and supportive comments, as for the pictures of the boards, here are some early ones that I took with my phone. I'll take some proper ones when there's detail worth getting it out for (craters, puddles, roads, scenery etc). Also earlier I mentioned it was going to be a single 4x6 board but it's going to be two 2x4 boards joined together.

Drysand on PVA/Water mixture

Drysand on PVA/Water mixture #2

Black Acrlyic paint ontop of the drysand (still drying in some parts)

Also about the army Ploss, I'm still undecided on that since I lost my last army. I'm considering building a Chaos army, with Warhammer and LOTR figures as Demon Princes. Still working on a proper build ^^

(Planning on using this chap as my first HQ)
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...Id=prod1110281

(And this as my first troop choice)
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...Id=prod1095444

Last edited by Cynik; 04-26-10 at 10:50 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-10, 11:29 AM

juddski's Flag is: Wales

nice start Cynik

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-10, 11:37 AM

thesteelclaw's Flag is: England

a big welcome back from over the border in Derbyshire. i lost the hobbie for along time and it doesn't take long to build up a good force.

The smaller the monkey the more it wants to kill you.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Welcome to Heresy-Online > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode