Hey all! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
New Member Introductions The place for new members to introduce themselves, ask questions and be welcomed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-09, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Default Hey all!

Hey there,

Ive just found this forum via google search, since i am totaly new to warhammer i am unaware of which are the popular forums and what not. So am just looking around at them all, but this one seems great! Ive mainly come to forums to ask many questions that probaly sound rather silly to some players who have been playing the game for a long time But i guess we all gota start somewhere, and getting my head around all this 40k stuff is far from easy!

I first got into warhammer around 10 years ago or so, but for some reason or another i lost interest. About a week or so ago i was cleaning out my loft and found the chaos codex i had bought back then. This reminded me of how fun i thought warhammer could be, as i never really understood it all back then and just painted for fun. Im in the middle of starting my first army at the moment, which will be tzeentch / thousand sons based. As i find there background lore and there appearance appealing.

Which brings me to some questions

Is there any sites online that sell just bits for warhammer 40k? ie like sprues with certain weapons on ect. Im mainly after some banners and poles for my army, as i cannot seem to find any at all.

When i upgrade a units gun, is it a absolute must for me to show that on the model itself? im assuming it is, but without actualy having the weapon to attach to the unit, im unsure of how i would go about doing this?

Is there any sites that give info regarding demon weapons? For example, i bought a terminator lord which i changed into the sorcerer. He is holding a twin linked bolter and a staff (which i assume is a force weapon?) In the codex below chaos sorcerer it describes the Daemon Weapons, but do i actualy have to buy the Weapon and attach it to the sorcerer? For tzeentch it is the Deathscreamer, would this replace the force weapon and the twin linked bolter as it says it requires two hand to use? Just reading that back makes me rather confused haha!

I guess the main thing causing confusion for me here, is the fact ive bought a Chaos lord terminator, without realising it could be made into either a lord or a sorcerer, since i have made it into a sorcerer, should i be reading from the chaos lord, or the chaos sorcerer when reading from the codex?

If anyone could lend a hand in helping me understand this, it would be much apreciated. And as u can imagine i have a million other questions, these were just the first off the top of my head

Many thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-09, 11:26 AM

officer kerky's Flag is: Australia

welcome to heresy online best site in the world and on the net snjoy the stay here.

as for questions just ask away
Quote:
Is there any sites online that sell just bits for warhammer 40k? ie like sprues with certain weapons on ect. Im mainly after some banners and poles for my army, as i cannot seem to find any at all.
yes there are sites.
i believe here is a site people use. http://bitzbox.co.uk/

Quote:
When i upgrade a units gun, is it a absolute must for me to show that on the model itself? im assuming it is, but without actualy having the weapon to attach to the unit, im unsure of how i would go about doing this?
well its always best to show the upgraded gun because some people have a winge if its not on there because they believe in WYSIWYG (what ya see is what ya get)

Quote:
Is there any sites that give info regarding demon weapons? For example, i bought a terminator lord which i changed into the sorcerer. He is holding a twin linked bolter and a staff (which i assume is a force weapon?) In the codex below chaos sorcerer it describes the Daemon Weapons, but do i actualy have to buy the Weapon and attach it to the sorcerer? For tzeentch it is the Deathscreamer, would this replace the force weapon and the twin linked bolter as it says it requires two hand to use? Just reading that back makes me rather confused haha!
hmmm the staff can count as the demon weapon and you could model it to both hands if need be. and demon weapons are what ever in modeling

Quote:
I guess the main thing causing confusion for me here, is the fact ive bought a Chaos lord terminator, without realising it could be made into either a lord or a sorcerer, since i have made it into a sorcerer, should i be reading from the chaos lord, or the chaos sorcerer when reading from the codex?
well if its modeled into a chaos sourceror then let it be a sourceror but it can be a lord if need be.

ask away with any other questions

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-09, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Thanks so much for that link! been searching for a site like that for days now the fact its in the uk is even better :D

The main thing i am thinking is, if i wanted to put wings on the Sorcerer or stick him in a rhino with a thousand sons squad. I wouldnt beable to as it is using terminator armor. And i assume i am stuck with that terminator armor on that sorcerer as it is part of the model? in this case i am quite tempted to make it back into a termi lord and stick a pair of lightening claws on him for fun hehe! Then buy a standard sorcerer in a blister pack, although i really do love how the termi sorcerer looks holding his staff and whatnot, hard decision.

In my old codex u were able to upgrade the thousand sons troops weapons, im guessing they have dropped this as there is no mention of it in the newest one?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-09, 12:50 PM

Stuntiesrule's Flag is: USA

Welcome to the heresy and as you will soon find out this is a very friendly group of people who will answer any question.

Please Help Level My Daemons. See which one will level faster, will Papa Nurgle get his way, or will the Prince of Pleasure rule?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-09, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome

Seems this is the forum for me! had a good ol chat in the chatroom earlier, friendly bunch of ppl!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-09, 10:53 PM

MaidenManiac's Flag is: Sweden

Welcome to Heresy Online kamala!

Take a deep look in the 40k general and tactics part of the forums. Lots of things are covered there, probably helping you out on many of your questions
Wraithlord is a die hard 1ksons player and very frequently seen around, poke him for ideas too

Enjoy your stay!

Win/Draw/Loss(5th ed results)
EC: 45/2/12
Tau: 28/3/7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Common sense and wargamers are like oil and water
Quote:
'Alessio is to 40k what impotence is to rape.' - Jezlad
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-09, 03:02 AM

gwmaniac's Flag is: USA

Welcome to Heresy, glad you took time to write such a great intro! And don't be afraid to ask more questions, we'll be happy to answer them! If you need a good bitz site, I recommend the Warstore, the place is chock full of almost every single bit GW has! Good luck on your hobby, and hope you find enough bits for your hordes!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-09, 09:36 AM

wertypop's Flag is: England

hello and welcome to heresy online

Wertypop

Smoke me a Ripper I'll be back for breakfast!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Welcome to Heresy-Online > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode