Greetings. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
New Member Introductions The place for new members to introduce themselves, ask questions and be welcomed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-09, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Greetings.

With the grace of the Ecclesiarchy I bid you greetings.

I'm Stuart, although my online tag generally used is Skiddy, shortened from Skidmarks, a name I used when flying in Air Attack on BT's Wireplay back in the late 90's - it always provided much mirth when paired up on the wing of another regular known as Hotpants.

Anyway, all of that is of little consequence.

Presently, I don't play Warhammer - nor do I collect the models. It's entirely too expensive and I have a wife and child to support. Sadly, I missed it's calling during my teenage years when I had money - and galaxies - to burn.

I am, having recently gained employment alongside a greenskinned warboss, considering raising an army to pit in mortal combat with his xenos scum. I've not decided what yet, but I believe I've narrowed it down to either Daemon Hunters or Witch Hunters. Or Imperial Guard, which simply from heroic tales detailed in liber bellum, seem like quite an interesting bunch.

Ultimately, I fear my army of allegience must fall within at least the Imperium of Man, else I'll be forced to get the Imperial Aquila that's tattooed on my shoulder blades removed with a lascannon. One that's low on power, of course.

My love for Warhammer - specifically 40k as I passionately hate those pansy assed, flower loving, tree hugging Elves and their fantasy friends - comes from books. Books and roleplay. Now, I grant you, Dawn Of War has done it's fair share of filling in the gaps which usually would involve playing the actual tabletop game and I am forced to admit that I couldn't tell you how many wounds a Landraider has or what I should roll if more than 25% of my squad is decimated by something large and nasty.

I like the history. I like the world. I love the universe. They are the important things in my mind. It's entirely likely that I'll never end up actually putting an army together. Honestly, I don't care. As long as I can continue reading the books and "play by email" roleplaying with friends, I'll be more than happy.

So, brief introduction over with.

March with fortune, heretics.

That's about it really.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-09, 07:22 PM
U Mad Bro?

Chaosftw's Flag is: Canada

Well that was lengthy and by the sounds of it you loath the elves haha!

well glad you joined up! I am confused a little though. You still do not actually play or you do have an army now?

Ether way again glad you joined up and look forward to seeing you around the site!

Cheers,

CHaosftw
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-09, 07:25 PM