Very new - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
New Member Introductions The place for new members to introduce themselves, ask questions and be welcomed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-19-18, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation Very new

Hello everyone.

So I'm new to this forum and looking forward to discussions and crunch argumentation!
I'm back to 40k from a very long hiatus (last games I played were when Chaos 5th codex came out) and a mate sucked me back in.
I'm currently working on an Alpha Legion list and dealing with various issues; mainly my absolutely atrocious painting (but I will improve) and working out how to build a nice tasty list.

In my newbidge I've come up with something like this (the short version)
1 terminator lord, 1 sorceror (though might get rid of), 5 terminators, 2 squads of 10 marines with plasma/missile launcher, a dreadnought (I am NOT calling them a stupid hellbrute, what a silly name) and dunno what else.

Personally I'm more into 40k for the fluff, that's what gets me going. But I'm hoping to improve my painting/modelling and hopefully play a game within the next month or too!

Nice to meet you everyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-19-18, 09:52 AM

Hey lordcardigan, l found your post
If you're into Alpha Legion fluff then yeah groups of cultists are mandatory and a sorcerer can give nice buffs to your army on the cheap (if he's taken with minimal equipment).

To start helping with your painting skills l'd recommend looking at the "Warhammer TV" YouTube channel.
They've got great 1 to 2 minute long videos on painting things from armour chipping to muzzle burns while being easy and clear to follow along.
Lucky for you they got a painting tutorial video dedicated to the Alpha Legion:

A great tip for painting is "wetting your paints," you'll hear that a lot in many painting tutorials and you can't go wrong with using a wet palette, whether bought or homemade.
Great to hear from you!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-19-18, 09:53 AM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Welcome to the heresy, what colour is your cardigan?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-19-18, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Hey mate.
Yeah, I might grab a few cultists. Not really sure. Fluff wise I'm not sure if they are required - especially as the ways the Alpha Legion uses them doesn't really translate well mechanically to the tabletop. I'm not sure though!

Thanks for the video. I'm going more for this colour scheme
(dunno if that video embedded or not). It reminds me of this http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki...a_LegionPH.jpg which is a colour I like very much. Pre heresy and all. There are so many different schemes for the Alpha Legion, makes it really fun to look into.

I like that colour scheme because it reminds me of the original 'Index Astartes' article on the Alpha Legion. I love the look. Though my paint order is more 'steggadon scale green, biel tan wash' colour, so a very muted and dull greenish dark blue. I'll post some pictures definitely once I am happy enough with them not be ashamed haha. Already learned how to strip models thankfully. Hahaha

I'm probably going to learn how to do the wet pallette soon. Seems more efficient for batches. At the moment I am just doing one at a time.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-19-18, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Hey old man.

My cardigan is dark greenish-blue. Or blueish green? I dunno, i've been told I'm colour blind!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Welcome to Heresy-Online > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode