500 pts list feed back wanted - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
New Member Introductions The place for new members to introduce themselves, ask questions and be welcomed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-12-17, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Default 500 pts list feed back wanted

I'm new to 40k list building and want to start a mechanized guard force and was wondering if I could receive some feed back on it... If you have any experience with these units, I'd love to hear some advice as don't have any experience of my own apart from doing some math.

3 chimera (hvy bolters + hvy stubber/ hvy bolter multi laser storm bolter)

30 vets

3 grenade launchers

Platoon commander

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-12-17, 09:49 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Welcome to the boards, and the hobby more generally. I'm no expert on IG lists, but that looks like a fairly standard armoured fist platoon. It certainly looks like a good starting point to a list. The one suggestion I might make is maybe mix up the special weapons a bit. A meltagun in there will add some anti armour punch.

You'll probably get more constructive input over in the list building subforum here, though
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-12-17, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the help, I'm currently wondering if the best way to do that would be to switch the chimera to taurox (for the auto cannons) and leave out the platoon comander that would leave more than enough points to change the vet squads to one double plasma, one double melta, one double grenade launcher, and get some bells and whistles for the sear gents, or if I should with the next jump( too for example 750 or 1000) to get an anti-tank group (maybe russes or manticores)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-13-17, 12:01 AM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

If you intend on using that list as a starting point, I'd go with it for now before buying anything else. What a lot of people do jumping into the hobby is buy loads of stuff, and then get overwhelmed by the sea of grey plastic in front of them. Build and paint it squad by squad, setting yourself realistic goals. If you decide to add the extra stuff later, that's easy to do, but for now I'd concentrate on getting a small, viable force on the table.

Another thing I'd mention is that you should take the minis themselves into account when list building. If you want to get an army painted, the easiest way to stay motivated is by painting minis you like. A horde army like IG can be monotonous to work on, so don't be afraid to throw in a unit of ogryns or ratling snipers to mix it up a bit.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-13-17, 01:34 AM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

Let me just point out the Platoon Commander is an Elite, not an HQ. I'd recommend finding the 10 points to upgrade him to a Company Commander, which makes your list a proper Vanguard Detachment.

More analysis will come when I'm awake... maybe a mod can move this thread to the list section

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Welcome to Heresy-Online > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode