A challenger enters the forums! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
New Member Introductions The place for new members to introduce themselves, ask questions and be welcomed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-24-16, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

Brother Armiger's Flag is: USA

Default A challenger enters the forums!

Quote:
- How did you find us.
I Google'd. I was looking for a forum for Warhammer 40k. I have to be honest, I got tired of the Facebook pages. They all seemed to devolve into the same 5 'Heresy' memes, and if you ask for any 'real help' for your army or tactics- the basic response is "lol ur army sux get dark angles there the best". Hopefully, here I can find a better home.

Quote:
- Your location.
ON A CRUSADE FLEET THAT IS TOTALLY WITHIN THE TOLERABLE NUMBER OF ASTARTES PER CHAPTER STOP ASKING PLEASE

Quote:
- Why did you choose that handle (name).
Because, if my drunken research is valid, an 'Armiger' is 'one who bears armor', and it wasn't a knight- he was basically some dude that was good enough to be allowed to wear the armor and heraldry of the house he served. Or maybe it's a cool name, I dunno.

I had considered making a Black Templar-ish homebrew chapter with the name "Armigers" somewhere in the name- a bunch of Astartes that use old-school crusader-ish armor and hunt for relics... but I haven't gotten around to it.

Quote:
- How long have you been playing Games Workshop Systems and Wargames in general
I had 'Hero Quest'. I saw a little kiosk in the mall selling gaming stuff and saw 'Chaos Warriors' for Warhammer Fantasy and thought it was nifty that another game used them. So I got interested. I ask my folks for a Chaos Army for Christmas, and boom- got it. Yes, I was a 13-year-old Chaos edgelord, sue me.

When I went to pick up some extra minis, the guy running the shop realized that my mom was the one that came in during Christmas. He gave me a box with a bunch of stripped down used Chaos miniatures, a bunch of paints that were only like 1/3 used, and some other used goodies (which is still very cool). I painted a handful of Chaos Warriors and donated them to the store.

Years and YEARS later, around 2003, I came home from Iraq with some disposable income. I went and started getting into Imperial Guard. I had a small IG basic army, nothing special, and I never won a single game but I did spend a lot of time (and money) in the store buying random minis and painting them while I watched other people play and talked to folks. Afterward, I sold off my models because
my heart just wasn't in the game any more.

Quote:
- Best memory during a battle.
At my first game of WH40k, the guy I was playing against noticed I was getting nervous. He talked me through the game and mentored me, and spent a lot of time trying to help me improve. He kept recommending I get a Space Marine army to start, and even offered to loan me his- but I never took him up on it. He was a good guy, and he used to always check up on me to see if I was still playing. When I was hurt and in the hospital, he purchased a Grey Knight terminator and some paints for me. I miss him, he died of cancer in 2011 and I didn't find out until last year.

I look forward to meeting you all, and having fun and friendly banter. I also may ask for help- please keep in mind I haven't been into this hobby since 2006- and it may have been longer than that. I was never any good at 40k, and I've just recently started again and everything is a lot different.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-25-16, 10:49 PM

Brother Emund's Flag is: United Kingdom

Welcome to Heresy Brother....

"Death occurs when a lethal projectile comes together in time and space with a suitable target, in the absence of appropriate armour or protection”

Check out my 40K 'Epic' about the Hunted verses the Inquisition: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...98#post2184698

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-26-16, 03:57 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Welcome aboard mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-26-16, 04:25 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Welcome to the Heresy!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Welcome to Heresy-Online > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode