Hello all - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
New Member Introductions The place for new members to introduce themselves, ask questions and be welcomed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-08, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Default Hello all

Greetings to all! I thought I'd start by introducing myself before making people's lives a misery with my endless opinions on everything...

I'm a gamer, painter and converter of some 20+ years experience, currently living in West Yorkshire, UK. I've been active in the hobby since the far-gone days when Games Workshop had just one shop (Dalling Road, Hammersmith - props to anyone else old enough to remember it!). So I've certainly earned those long-service medals...

I've worked in four different GW stores, and managed two of them. That was around 7 years or so ago, but this hobby is a bit like the taint of Chaos...once you're exposed to it, it's in you for life...

Speaking of which, the lure of Chaos is strong for me, at least in 40k. I'm currently working on my third chaos army, a cultist and mutant-based Alpha Legion force. Strictly non-codex, but all the best armies are! I also have a Harlequin army, which have not seen the light of day (or an official army list) for a while now, and a long term work-in-progress Imperial Guard force, based on a certain historical epic movie - but you'll never guess which one.

In Warhammer, there is only one army for me and there always has been - that most difficult of armies to get right, the Bretonnians. My legion d'honneur have been a labour of love for well over a decade, and are my pride and joy. Occasionally, they even win battles...

Last edited by Urban Cannibal; 09-01-08 at 01:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-08, 02:21 PM

Lord Sinkoran's Flag is: England

welcome to heresy. You certainly have a lot of experience. You will find plenty of chaos playes here (obviously with a name like Heres-online). You've worked in 4 GW stores and managed 2 wow.

Violence is never the answer, it is the question, to which the answer is, yes
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-08, 02:59 PM

Blackhiker's Flag is: USA

Welcome to the heresy.

If a child asks how Santa lives forever, simply reply he drinks blood.

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poke me in the ribs and cackle, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started to do the same thing to them at funerals.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-08, 03:11 PM

Wilder's Flag is: USA

Welcome to heresy.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-08, 04:02 PM

Green Knight's Flag is: United Kingdom

Welcome to the heresy, have you any pics, and how did you get to know about the site

The creatures of the Warp have but one trait with which you need concern yourself - their undying contempt for the Emperor. It is your task to quell the rebellion they preach, and the only sure way is to destroy them utterly.
+++ Qualtak Shoram +++
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-08, 05:08 PM

Welcome to heresy

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-08, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Green Knight: I can't remember where I heard about Heresy, to be honest. I've a feeling it might have been linked via someone's signature on another forum. I'm just glad I did find it. But of course it's all Tzeentch's doing anyway... ;)

I'll get some pics taken when I can. I'll also try to put together a quick illustrated guide to the method I used to paint my Alpha Legion, as there seems to be very little guidance on how to paint the most enigmatic of the First Founding legions.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-08, 04:43 PM

Green Knight's Flag is: United Kingdom

can not wait for the pics.

The creatures of the Warp have but one trait with which you need concern yourself - their undying contempt for the Emperor. It is your task to quell the rebellion they preach, and the only sure way is to destroy them utterly.
+++ Qualtak Shoram +++
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-08, 08:16 PM

leham89's Flag is: England

welcome to heresy mate.
its good to have a very vet. gamer. may have to pick your brain sometime if thats ok.
cant wait to see your guide for alpha legion, was thinking of making one myself.
happy gaming
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-08, 08:20 PM

plug's Flag is: United Kingdom

From one Alpha Legion player to another, welcome. Look forward to seeing your army pics and painting guide. . Hope you enjoy the site
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...76&ppuser=3105
Be sure to check out the links in my sig
Regards
PLUG

"Of the fabulous hydra it is said, cut of one head and two will grow in its place"

Brethran
Project

Last edited by plug; 09-02-08 at 08:23 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Welcome to Heresy-Online > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode