Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Windsor, NY
The Doctor is in the House
My parents named me William my Marines named me Doc and I am a lifelong gaming junkie. It started with an addiction to history particularly military history.
I am a Paleo-Gamer, I've been pushing soldiers around a table for more than 40 years. In addition I've been playing Hex games since the early days of Avalon Hill (still have a couple AH games). I am also a life long RPG gamer- I still have my original boxed set of "Chainmail": the forerunner to D&D.
About 10 years ago I got into GW games with a few of my regular gaming buddies. We started with what my friend Tom calls "naked guys with spears" (ancients) then progressed into medieval era and finally I splurged on a Dwarf Army for WHFB.
My other all consuming hobby is scale modeling so I have built a number of 40K and WHFB pieces for static display. I have an Imperial Bane Blade on the bench right now and I'm painting a Squigg and Shaman from the Orc & Goblin army.
Sadly, my Bride lost her job a couple years ago so I had to sell off most of my armies to help pay the bills. She's back to work now so I'm thinking of my next army. I'm seriously looking at Black Templars in 40K and Bretonnia in WHFB.
I am a career firefighter in Southeastern NY about 70 miles north of NYC.
Let's see if I can answer some of the "interview questions"
- How did you find us. Search engine keyword Wargame Forum
- Your location. New Windsor NY (67 Miles north of NYC)
- High School memories. Weekly D&D games we had a regular game every Friday night for 4 years.
- Why did you choose that handle (name). Doc (see above)F/2/25 Foxtrot Company 2nd Battalion 25th Marine Regiment.
- How long have you been playing Games Workshop Systems and Wargames in general. Gaming most of my life 40K and WHFB for the last 10 years.
- Best memory during a battle. Mis-casting Wagh and wiping out my own Orc Army. The stuff of legend.
- Favourite army. Currently between armies
- Regular gaming buddies also on the forums. Most of my gaming buds have moved on to other things.
Thanks for looking, we now return you to your regularly scheduled lives.
Doc Wiseman KC2SYP
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
Chance favors only the prepared mind