Adepta Sororitas, here to serve - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
New Member Introductions The place for new members to introduce themselves, ask questions and be welcomed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-05-12, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Default Adepta Sororitas, here to serve

hello, Erika reporting for...anyways, well a few months ago i started playing Dawn of War and I must say, I LOVE IT!!! I started googling it and found out about the table top game...I don't get out much heh, well I nearly fainted, As you can probablly tell I'm all about the sisters, I have the main and the Sisters codex on order, from what I've seen I think a 1500 points would be a good start, if you guys have any tips or hints I would really appreciate it

I dunno I guess Appreci was hungry *facepalm*

Last edited by Soul_Sister; 07-05-12 at 10:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-05-12, 10:48 AM

Zetronus's Flag is: Great Britain

Hello Soul Sister!

Welcome to Heresy Online fellow heretic!

There is plenty of inspiration with top-notch help and advice here, from painting and modeling to gaming tips and army builds

Its a great place to be!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-05-12, 11:03 AM
Tzeentch laughs at likely

Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-05-12, 02:11 PM

Azezel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Oh lordy...

I'm not sure which Sisters codex you have on order, but I have bad news for you.

Some months ago, the dead-tree codex (Codex: Witchhunters) was made obsolete by a 'replacement' codex, Codex: Sisters of Battle which was published in two parts in White Dwarf magazine.

That White Dwarf codex is

a) Pretty damned bad.
b) Not legally available anywhere.

Unless you happened to buy the two relevent issues of the magazine, you can no longer (legally) get the current Sisters codex.

Now - some people (and I am one) are still using the officially obsolete Codex: Witchhunters. If that's the one you ordered, good - it's still very useable, albeit full of Inquisition rubbish as well as out beloved Battle Sisters.

Which brings me on to the Sisters of Battle, at the start of 2010 (no, really, 2010) Games Workshop discontinued all Sisters box sets and made the models only available in sings and three-packs, online-only.

That makes Sisters by far the most expensive army in the game, and by a huge margin. They are also the only all-metal army. No plastic Sisters exist.

Unless you are a millionaire or find a complete army for sale on ebay you really cannot start playing Sisters now. A single basic Sister squad will cost you over 50.

When I totalled up my 2'500 point army for insurance purposes the result was that, if I had to replace it at current prices it'd cost over 700.

I wish I had some good news for you, but I don't.

It's been over two years since Sisters boxes were available, there is no sign of a new release or a real codex (or even a reissue of the magazine codex). No-one expects anything Sisters related to appear before 2014 or so at-best.

Your best bet is to get a copy of Codex: Witchhunters (perhaps the one you have on order) and then scour ebay for someone selling a complete army. You have a fairly good chance of finding one because, frankly, a lot of Sisters players are selling their armies in disgust at the shoddy way Games Workshop have treated us.

Welcome aboard, Sister...

Looking for a friendly wargaming club on the Isle of Wight? Drop me a line.

Sisters of Battle - The Order of Glory Undimmed - 2'500 Points | High Elves - House Cyredeth - 2'500 Points | Bretonnians - The Muster of Sir Jules Estelle - 3'000 Points
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-05-12, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

well...crap :/

I'll get back to you haha
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-05-12, 03:39 PM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Keep the faith Erika, and learn how to convert Dark Eldar to SoB !

Welcome by the way
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-05-12, 03:40 PM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

First and foremost welcome to the boards!!!

I, like Azezel, mourn the death of the SoB. They have been left behind, seemingly to rot in the unknown wastes of a basement store room at GW. For those of us with rather large armies (I think I have about 7500 points of Witchhunter goodness) the most we can do is stare longingly at the huge pile of models that will rarely see the light of day.

That being said, if you have been able to get a hold of the old 3rd edition Witchhunters Codex, it is still a lot of fun to play and if you have decent gaming buddies, I count myself fortunate in that regard, they will still let you play that edition of the codex that is still very playable. I am not sure what prices are like on ebay, but as Azezel said you are going to shell out a HUGE amount of cash if you are going to buy from GW.

I wish you luck in your endeavor and there are plenty of folks out there that will be able to help you out with list building and the like when and if you get started.

As a side note, I believe that I have a set of the WD codex that I would be willing to sell off for cheap if you are deadset on playing the official list.

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here

Last edited by Midge913; 07-05-12 at 03:45 PM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-05-12, 05:06 PM

Necrosis's Flag is: Canada

If you get lucky you might be able to find an army on sale on online website (like ebay). That being said, you could always start a guard army and ally sisters in (which would be a far cheaper investment).
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-12, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

would a pure Slaanesh be viable?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-12, 09:54 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

welcome to heresy, the heretics have all the answers you will ever need

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Welcome to Heresy-Online > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode