Hello everyone. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
New Member Introductions The place for new members to introduce themselves, ask questions and be welcomed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-22-12, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Cruxyh's Flag is: Netherlands

Default Hello everyone.

Considering I am new here I would like to introduce myself, I am Arno, a 22 year old from the Netherlands. I mainly read Black Library books and occasionally assemble and paint 40k miniatures, even though I am hoping to someday start a Vampire Counts army.

I initially got interested in the hobby through a friend of mine who introduced me to the Dark Heresy and WFRP games, which eventually led to me reading the BL books.

As far as miniatures are concerned, I currently have a small bunch of space marines, some Imperial Guard and I recently finished painting a few Grey Knights.

Thank you for your time.

Cruxyh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-22-12, 08:29 PM

Hello Arno and welcome to Heresy Online. We have a good Black Library section here that you should find interesting. Also we'd love to see any pictures you might have of your painted models over in the Modelling and Painting section.

I hope you enjoy your stay.

Regards,
Jake.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-22-12, 10:16 PM

Turnip86's Flag is: England

Welcome to the forums, always nice to see fresh faces.

As Red Corsairs said there's a great Black Library section and plenty of stuff in the painting section which can help, from tutorials on new techniques to just plain inspiration from the masses of project logs.

Hope to see you around

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-23-12, 12:11 AM

Skari's Flag is: Canada

Welcome to the Heresy! Make sure you post some pics of your forces.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-23-12, 03:39 AM

Scythes's Flag is: USA

Hi and welcome to the forums. What all BL books have you read? If you haven't read them yet I would highly recommend the Eisenhorn and Ravener trilogies, Dan Abnett is an awesome author!

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-23-12, 06:22 AM Thread Starter

Thank you everyone. Of course I will post some pictures of my force, eventually, maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythes View Post
Hi and welcome to the forums. What all BL books have you read? If you haven't read them yet I would highly recommend the Eisenhorn and Ravener trilogies, Dan Abnett is an awesome author!
Maybe i'll end up reading those trilogies someday, assuming BL's release schedule allows for it.

Been reading the Gaunt's Ghosts and Ciaphas Cain series, quite a few of the Horus Heresy books, the Night Lords trilogy, the Word Bearers Trilogy, a few Space Marine Battles novels and of course the Von Carstein trilogy, for as far as I could find that last one.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-23-12, 06:41 AM

Scythes's Flag is: USA

Nothing from the Horus Heresy series either? You're missing out, those are some excellent books too. But it looks like you've downed some gtood stuff there.

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-23-12, 07:35 AM Thread Starter

The HH series is in that list, though you did have me worried there for a moment. Would have been a bit long to list all my BL stuff though, so yeah...

Last edited by Cruxyh; 04-23-12 at 07:40 AM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-23-12, 08:49 AM
Tzeentch laughs at likely

Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-23-12, 09:56 AM

x Syn v's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruxyh View Post
Considering I am new here I would like to introduce myself, I am Arno, a 22 year old from the Netherlands. I mainly read Black Library books and occasionally assemble and paint 40k miniatures, even though I am hoping to someday start a Vampire Counts army.

I initially got interested in the hobby through a friend of mine who introduced me to the Dark Heresy and WFRP games, which eventually led to me reading the BL books.

As far as miniatures are concerned, I currently have a small bunch of space marines, some Imperial Guard and I recently finished painting a few Grey Knights.

Thank you for your time.

Cruxyh
Welcome to the forums, Im new here too. You will have to let me know how the Vampire Counts fair, as I'm looking at them myself.

Syn.

Syn - Resident Noob.

"History is written by the victors". - Winston Churchill

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Welcome to Heresy-Online > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode